Sign in to follow this  
Willmeister

Feeney

Apologies if this has been posted before, but Skysports says we are interested. Has a pretty good goal scoring record at this level and I think could do a pretty good job here.Article Here

Pretty average in my opinion and only 5ft 10......... Personally I would prefer Grant Holt or Alan Lee.... still, beggers cant be choosers.....

wouldn''t be a bad signing at this level, the guy has a good scoring record and is a real nuisance up front, always looks lively for Northern Ireland and has had a decent season at Dundee Utd

[quote user="colneycanary"]Why is it always Charlton and Huddersfield after the same players as us. Do we share scouts or something?
[/quote]

No we share budgets. Three skint clubs, after the same cheap players.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Why is it always Charlton and Huddersfield after the same players as us. Do we share scouts or something?[/quote]

[/quote]Huddersfield, skint? [:|]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Why is it always Charlton and Huddersfield after the same players as us. Do we share scouts or something?
[/quote]

[/quote]
Huddersfield, skint? [:|]
[/quote]

lol.... true, 500k for Simpson, forgot about that.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually apparently 500k is "well wide of the mark", and there other two signings have been bosmans........ so can you be sure that they are skint? I cant imagine them being too wealthy, unless they have some sort of investor?

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

3 of the clubs tipped for promotion with bigger budgets than most others in the league

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually apparently 500k is "well wide of the mark", and there other two signings have been bosmans........ so can you be sure that they are skint? I cant imagine them being too wealthy, unless they have some sort of investor?

[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huddersfield_Town

they aint short of a few bob.. check out the owner....

also, check out who the player of the year was in 1992...

jas :)

Getting back on topic (who gives a toss about Huddesfield?), looking at Feeney''s record, he appears to be very hit and miss. If available on the cheap, I would probably be happy to see him here, but I''d rather we went for Liam Dickinson or Grant Holt, to be perfectly honest.

looked good at luton few years back but simply hasnt done the goods over the past 18-24months

risky signing in my opinion

Having watched him play for Northern Ireland over the last few years, I would classify Feeney as a decent enough player who I think could do a job for us - if utilised in the right way. Whilst only 5ft 10", he''s actually surprisingly good in the air, though can sometimes look as if he has a bag of sand strapped to each leg when he tries to break into a sprint! Like most NI players, he would generally be considered to be of average ability but busts a gut for the cause; I know that that is not neccessarily what we are after on it''s own, but it hasn''t done NI any harm over the last 2 or 3 years!