Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Nothing's changed?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

So, we sell Marshall and are looking to replace him with a loan....................

Deja vu anyone?

[/quote]Marshall was rubbish, one of the reasons we were relegated and brought in some much needed cash. Doyle is decent, no harm in loaning him for a season.

Did we sell marshall or did he want to go? I think he wanted to go. As long as its a year loan I dont see the harm.

We''re going to have loanees here at the club next season. That is without a doubt. What we don''t want a repeat of is a squad filled with a large number of loanees. One or two loanees, especially if they are quality ones like Doyle would be, would be okay.

and your problem is????????????????????

There''s nothing wrong with having a couple of loan players - as long as it''s not a whole team of them as per last season.

Makes perfect sense when you have a quality young keeper who is probably a year short of beig ready for a regular first team place. Gives you a season of experienced cover whilst you blood the young keeper as games allow.

Gunn is doing alright with his team building. Stop slagging everything off just for the sake of it.

Yes and absolutely the correct decision, Marshall was no real loss, and with 2 young keepers almost ready, a permanent signing would hinder their progress and we''d be back to another Joe Lewis situation, a loan is a perfectly sensible answer to get in a more experienced keeper, giving Rudd the chance to develop before becoming first choice this season or next.

[quote user="jbghost"]

Makes perfect sense when you have a quality young keeper who is probably a year short of beig ready for a regular first team place. Gives you a season of experienced cover whilst you blood the young keeper as games allow.

Gunn is doing alright with his team building. Stop slagging everything off just for the sake of it.

[/quote]

Exactly.

Nothings changed?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!\

People still need to use loads of exclamation marks and question marks when they don''t need to!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously, agree entirely with jbghost - we need a keeper, probably need a keeper just to allow Rudd to develop nicely.

Yes it has - Rudd is getting older each year. If he gets games and develops then a one year "fill-in" does make sense.

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

Perfect sense his selling, maybe replacing him with a loanee and then spending the money on the squad however,

we shall be spending it on new pillows and throws for the hotel rooms

Absolutely nothing wrong with the principle of taking one or two loan players - didn''t Marshall come to us on loan initially? Some players still have a problem about coming to Norfolk and it can suit both sides to have each other "on approval" for a loan period.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]Yes and absolutely the correct decision, Marshall was no real loss, and with 2 young keepers almost ready, a permanent signing would hinder their progress and we''d be back to another Joe Lewis situation, a loan is a perfectly sensible answer to get in a more experienced keeper, giving Rudd the chance to develop before becoming first choice this season or next.[/quote]

Agree totally. Good move by Gunn.

As long as the backbone of the team is not short term loans like last season I see no problem with getting a few loanees in.

Lets face it, there are loans and there are loans. In principle I have nothing against taking a couple of players on season long loans, and potentially taking 1 or at the most 2 emergency loans (as and when unforeseen injuries occur). Last season was a prime example of how not to play the loan game. Multiple emergency loans that were being used to chop and change the squad at regular intervals causing a lack of harmony / cohesion and understanding amongst the team. We were firefighting from the off due to the poor state of the squad, and it just didn`t work. I think taking Doyle on a season long loan would be an astute move. It is only likely to be a gap measure until Steer and Rudd are old enough / experienced enough to take the first team jersey.

Everyone was moaning about the Joe Lewis situation, and if we bring in an experienced goalkeeper on a 3 year deal we will simply be repeating history, stalling our youths development and not maximising potential sell on revenue.

Simples!!!

As somebody who detests the loan system as it no longer helps the clubs it was designed to help, the smaller clubs, but helps the rich clubs by giving their players experience, exposure and thus increase their value by getting smaller clubs to pay much of their wages, I would, nevertheless, say that, if we must have loan players, this seems very sensible to me.

It gives our younger keepers the opportunity to develop without putting unnecessary pressure on Rudd too early.

Perhaps we can just stay well clear of any other loans (I wish!).

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

Getting a few loans in such as Doyle makes perfect sense. Having him in the first team allows the young keepers to improve in the reserves which we missed last year.

I agree that Gunny is doing an alright job. It seems that some people are never satisfied with what they have got. We have no money and so we have to put up with loanees as long as we dont have a team full of them it is fine.

If Rudd is good enough then he is old enough. Put him in for gods sake. Fabregas and huddlestone were holding down first team places at 16. If these players aren''t given a chance then no one would know if they are good enough. If we don''t play him, expect him to leave and become another Joe Lewis. Norwich never learn.

[quote user="coops"]If Rudd is good enough then he is old enough. Put him in for gods sake. Fabregas and huddlestone were holding down first team places at 16. If these players aren''t given a chance then no one would know if they are good enough. If we don''t play him, expect him to leave and become another Joe Lewis. Norwich never learn.[/quote]

46 leagues games plus lets say 2/3 FA Cup games, a couple of league cup games, plus a few games in the JPT, could be close to 60 games next season, thats a big ask for an untested kid regardless how good he may or may not be

Was against Gunn''s appointment, and dead set against his re-appointment, and have a horrible feeling of deja vu about some of the signings - Peter Grant-style mediocrities, although there is obviously more of a reason for that this time around.

But as many have said, if we are going to have a couple of loans, then season-long ones are by far the better option (Ryan Bertrand was at the club for twice as long as Dean Ashton...) and a goalkeeper to allow Rudd to be brought through at the right time seems eminently sensible to me.

I accept the ''good enough, old enough'' argument, but goalkeeper is a position where experience is really important, and whoever is in goal is going to be behind a side which is essentially being rebuilt from scratch. I''d love to see Rudd in the team, but equally we need to have another viable option if he has a dodgy run of games, which happens to all young keepers (and most old ones).

Can''t see anything to criticise Gunn for here.

Gunns signings are worse than those of Grant , nobodies every last one of them , but what do you expect with Mr Hospitality running the club , joke manager , joke signings , joke club . Another season of misery is on its way for sure .

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]Gunns signings are worse than those of Grant , nobodies every last one of them , but what do you expect with Mr Hospitality running the club , joke manager , joke signings , joke club . Another season of misery is on its way for sure .
[/quote]

Who do you expect us to sign then? Ronaldo? Tevez? Torres?

SOME people on here don''t seem to be grasping the fact we are now in the third tier of English football,

Therefore, the players we are going to be signing won''t be as well known as players from the prem and championship.

As for the comments about having loan players again, If we had 4 season long loan players in our squad, I don''t see a problem with it.

Yes we have a small squad (mainly because of the mass cull when Roeder was here) therefore we need to build our permanent numbers up over a couple of seasons.

Imo we should be building a team good enough to win this division and hold its own in the championship with a bit of tinkering, the signings so far indicate a willingness to stay in this league with no ambition to get out, hope i am wrong but i wont be rushing to the bookies to bet on us going straight back up.

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]Gunns signings are worse than those of Grant , nobodies every last one of them , but what do you expect with Mr Hospitality running the club , joke manager , joke signings , joke club . Another season of misery is on its way for sure .[/quote]Binner alert

With so little money, we are going to have a few loans, and TBH GK is the one place where we could have a loan, as competition for Rudd because there is no point spending lots of money on a GK when we have got lots of young talent. Also that means one other position is sorted and we can move on to spending our little bit of cash on a decent striker!!!

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

Exactly, the reason we''re looking to loan a keeper is because we have good young keepers in Rudd and Steer, who arn''t quite ready for the first team yet.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Imo we should be building a team good enough to win this division and hold its own in the championship with a bit of tinkering, the signings so far indicate a willingness to stay in this league with no ambition to get out, hope i am wrong but i wont be rushing to the bookies to bet on us going straight back up.[/quote]

Whilst I agree with your sentiments, I just for the life of me cannot see us paying out any kind of big money ATM for fantastic players.  It''s bad enough getting players to come to Norfolk who are on a reasonable wage at this level.

I guess they could speculate to accumulate, but, who exactly could we get in that would be ''that'' good, that isn''t taken by a CCC club, is willing to drop a league, will take reasonable wages and make a move to Norfolk.  No one comes to mind ATM.