Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

Setanta.

Given the dubious/ perilous nature of Setanta, I am wondering if anyone here has decided to cancel their subscription to Setanta yet?. I pay for mine via my credit card so I will hopefully be protected, but I really doubt whether it is worth remaining as a customer, with no Premiership coverage from now on. What do you think?

Your choice, but I''d say without the Prem it''s a no - no. You get a bit of Jockka and a few lower league games, but I''d pack it in if I were you. I get my coverage via Virgin and it comes as part of my package, do you think I may get a reduced monthly fee if Sultana finally goes? No, me neither.

Well, its your choice, but i would keep it with it playing more lower league games and they want to se more big teams norwich may be one of them!

I have Sentanta but it comes with part of my Virgin Media package, if I had been paying extra for it then I would without a doubt cancel my subscription, not much worth watching on there now. Would appear that sentanta were far too ambitious with the amount of big money games they paid for. Maybe now the BBC will snap up the 40 odd games setanta had previously applied for.

Most people have it for the footy so I guess most people will cancel their DDR''s.

i only have it for the UCF but it looks like ESPN will take the Prem games which Sky don''t want.

I think whether or not to keep Setanta is an academic question as they are now surely doomed. They tried to overeach themselves and should have stuck to what they did best - providing alternative football coverage rather than try to compete with Sky Sports.

Sais in one of the papers today that anyone who pays by credit card should switch to a DDR , you can at least then cancel the payment when you want to not like a credit card regular payment.

[quote user="tank"]i only have it for the UCF but it looks like ESPN will take the Prem games which Sky don''t want.[/quote]

it''s not that sky don''t want then (they''d bite your hand off for them) the situation is that they are not allowed to bid for all of the rights

[quote user="spudgfsh"]

[quote user="tank"]i only have it for the UCF but it looks like ESPN will take the Prem games which Sky don''t want.[/quote]

it''s not that sky don''t want then (they''d bite your hand off for them) the situation is that they are not allowed to bid for all of the rights

[/quote]

word has it Disney want to add to ESPN''s America channle with a British sports channle with the rights to the Premiership top of their list.

so if they get the 40 games this time round they will try and get the rights that sky has at the minute in a bidding war...

I''ve never had it..... I watch my City home games live, and my City away games in a pub with real life friends.

Any other team bores me these days, so I can truly say that I am not an armchair fan. I catch the odd game on the ''normal'' telly or freeview...... the way that things should be.

I miss UFC since Bravo lost it to Setanta,i wish sky would buy the rights to it,ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! love it!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

I miss UFC since Bravo lost it to Setanta,i wish sky would buy the rights to it,ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! love it!!

[/quote]

your in luck

tonight virgin one 9pm  

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]I have Sentanta but it comes with part of my Virgin Media package, if I had been paying extra for it then I would without a doubt cancel my subscription, not much worth watching on there now. Would appear that sentanta were far too ambitious with the amount of big money games they paid for. Maybe now the BBC will snap up the 40 odd games setanta had previously applied for.[/quote]The only advantage of having cable up til now, absolutely useless otherwise

I have Setanta for UFC and Boxing so yes, I will keep it until it folds.

Never had Setanta so won''t miss it. Sky cost enough each month without shelling out another tenner or thereabouts.

[quote user="wilw6"]

Never had Setanta so won''t miss it. Sky cost enough each month without shelling out another tenner or thereabouts.

[/quote]

do you not think Sky is a rip off?

there are 46 games they are losing.. 23 will go to sky, the other 23 will be bidded on.. could ITV or the Beeb be about to suprise us?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

there are 46 games they are losing.. 23 will go to sky, the other 23 will be bidded on.. could ITV or the Beeb be about to suprise us?

jas :)

[/quote]

i cant see ITV gettin it but the beeb might

What about Channel four or five? Their not really very popular at the moment and if one of them two could get the money together which will be difficult it could be a big coup.

On the subject of Setanta they have just lost the SPL rights aswell so that has got to be them finished now