Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

IF.......

Suspend belief here guys.

Lets assume Gunn has a blinder of a season and gets us promoted, and then other clubs head hunt him.

A. Would he go?

B. Would you care?

C. At least he''d no longer be the Odd Job man around the club.

Hmm?

A. Would he go? I doubt it. I don''t think there''d be any clubs better than us interested after getting us promoted.

B. Would you care? I think consistency would be important, so losing him as soon as we get promoted might hinder our chances the following season.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]Well according to you Wiz, Gunn will definitely fail & promotion is not on the cards. So, this post is pointless![/quote]

Is it Iwan?

I''m genuinely interested in posters views on all possible scenarios.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Lets assume Gunn has a blinder of a season and gets us promoted, and then other clubs head hunt him.

A. Would he go? I don''t think a bigger club would want him as he would be totally unproved at Championship level.

B. Would you care? Not really

Hmm?

[/quote]

Wiz. Are you paving the way for a more open minded stance as regards Gunn? You must admit you have a tendency to turn more often than a London Taxi. 

A. Would he go? You''re going to have to elaborate on that scenario, as i just can''t see how or why you could possibly imply that he may leave the club for another, unless your asking whether he''d retire after one decent season?

B. Would you care? If he were to get us promoted then yes. You''d assume the players would of taken to him in this scenario, and the last thing we''d need in this case would be another break up in the dressing room. And after 5 (or what would be 6) years of trying to search and find at least an ounce of harmony with the squad and staff now, it would seem so cruel to us and the club to break it up immediately.

C. At least he''d no longer be the Odd Job man around the club. If we''re being honest... That isn''t really a question is it?

[/quote]Anyway, this is all irrelative, as i am utterly convinced Gunn can''t manage this club.Bryan''s last 5 or 6 games in charge were undeniably shamefully performed, ''especially'' considering the circumstances. And i imagine it could only be at Norwich that we could see someone continue their job after a shocking run of results like that, leading unto what it ultimately did for the club (i.e. relegation).It''s Disgraceful that he still now controls the same position of authority at the club that he did last season, and i expect nothing but carnage and failiure at Norwich next season.My dreams of hope and success at Norwich can no longer live if we persist with utter incompetence.The whole scenario joke, and we''re a joke for it.

[quote user="Romantic"]Wiz. Are you paving the way for a more open minded stance as regards Gunn? You must admit you have a tendency to turn more often than a London Taxi. 
[/quote]

Whilst I''m very nervous and doubtful about Gunns ability Romantic, I am thinking, slowly, of cutting him some slack for the first few games to see if it was indeed all Roeders fault for the mess we''re in.

I''ve done the same with the new signings, but as they say, Gunn has form, he precided over our relegation.

Come on chaps it''s a fair question by Wiz.IMO I doubt he''d go,  either way he''d get shifted around the club again.  I suspect in the future the board are laying foundations for Gunn to be a Board Member.  So in that sense ''Mr Odd Job'' will stay here indefinitely.

A. Would he go?

B. Would you care?

Hmm?

[/quote]In response to Question A; No, I don''t think he would go. I mean, he is Norwich through and through. The family live here and I''m sure he wouldn''t want to leave them at home or move anywhere else.Question B; I think Gunn has come in for a bit of a hard time. Especially on this forum. Yet, the internet is faceless so people feel like they can say what they want, instead of venting their anger in a more positive way. I was not a fan of the appointment, simply because i think Gunn has done too much for the club to put his legendary status on the line. But, we''re not gonna make a change by whining on a message board. So, if he got replaced as manager then so be it, but I would care if he still wasn''t around at the club and as an ambassador for the city.C isn''t a question.

A. Would he go?

B. Would you care?

Hmm?

[/quote]Gunn being head hunted [:D]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="First Wizard"]Suspend belief here guys.

A. Would he go?

B. Would you care?

Hmm?[/quote]Gunn being head hunted [:D][/quote]Yep! P19 W5. Sounds about right!

I bet they''re forming a queue down at Carrow Rd as we speak! [:S]

i think your confidence has grown regarding mr gunn wiz but you wont admit it as you feel you would be going back on your original thoughts .

do i sence a change of heart .. perhaps ?

or have you tried to hex mr gunn and your spell has failed ..

A. Would he go?  I don''t think he would, as much as some slate the guy his heart is with NCFC.

B. Would you care?  Yes I would, it wouldn''t be the same without him at the club in some capacity, I can''t really remember very well a time without Gunny there, ok I can but not much lol.

C. At least he''d no longer be the Odd Job man around the club.  Let''s see how we feel at the end of this season.

Hmm?

[/quote]

[quote user="singing canary"]i think your confidence has grown regarding mr gunn wiz but you wont admit it as you feel you would be going back on your original thoughts . do i sence a change of heart .. perhaps ? or have you tried to hex mr gunn and your spell has failed ..[/quote]

That''s never stopped him before. [:P]

A. Would he go?

B. Would you care?

Hmm?

[/quote]

I''d just shoot him before the season starts... thus making the whole scenario hypothetical......

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="First Wizard"]

A. Would he go?

B. Would you care?

Hmm?

[/quote]

I''d just shoot him before the season starts... thus making the whole scenario hypothetical......

[/quote]

I''m not sure it''s politically correct to shoot him before the start of the season, Cluck. Give it til mid September and see if we are in the top six first.[:)]

[quote user="singing canary"]i think your confidence has grown regarding mr gunn wiz but you wont admit it as you feel you would be going back on your original thoughts . do i sence a change of heart .. perhaps ? or have you tried to hex mr gunn and your spell has failed ..[/quote]

Sadly SC, the slate isn''t now clean with me regarding Gunn, I thought it was crazy to give him the job in the first place, and sheer bloody arrogance on his part in accepting it.

Moan as we will about Roeder, Gunns lack of tactical knowledge done for us last season just as much imo.

It will take an imediate promotion to force a change of opinion from me on this, but I fear even harder times ahead with Gunn in charge.

However, having said all that, I''ll give him a few games before I kick off...........but there won''t be many!

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"][quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="First Wizard"]

A. Would he go?

B. Would you care?

Hmm?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not sure it''s politically correct to shoot him before the start of the season, Cluck. Give it til mid September and see if we are in the top six first.[:)]

[/quote]

Nah.... why wait?

It''s best to be first in the queue ''cos come September there''ll be hundreds wanting to do it.......

[;)]

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="The Voice Of Reason"][quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="First Wizard"]

A. Would he go?

B. Would you care?

Hmm?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nah.... why wait?

It''s best to be first in the queue ''cos come September there''ll be hundreds wanting to do it.......

[;)]

[/quote]

Shooting is so clinical, don''t you want to have some fun with a good flogging first then a hanging? It would keep the baying mobs entertained whilst the firing squad are getting ready.[:D] 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

IF.......

a picture paints a thousand words then why cant i paint you?

Kojak sung that y''know....

jas :)

[/quote]

Written by David Gates, sung by Bread originally.

If he gets headhunted by FC Barcelona, Man U, or Argentina, why would he stay in Norwich?  If he gets headhunted by Hartlepoole, Cowdenbeath or Lowestoft, why would he go?  It''s all relative, isn''t it.

I''d be surprised seeing as he''s been with the club for some many years now, but I''d wish him all the best. He''s been more than loyal to the cause for better or worse. If he went to Ipswich though....that''d take the biscuit. The thing is in football today, the examples of people staying at one club for an extended period of time are becoming increasingly rare. The managers are not given much time if results dip (we''re just as guilty of this, although in the case of Grant and Roeder I still think their dismissals were justified), the players are basically in a glorified cattle market and with the recession stirring up all kinds of finacial issues even the higher ups are moving clubs. If anything, his leaving could be a question of when and not if. 

I wanted Roader to see out last season. I thought it was a good idea to bring in Gunn for the Barnsley game. I was concerned that he got the Job for the rest of last season. I was against his appointment. But then what do I know, with my track record he will probably be the best thing since jonnie Bonds green and yella army? 

A. Would he go?

B. Would you care?

Hmm?

[/quote]

If we got promoted, the only really bigger jobs than Norwich would be Prem clubs.

I doubt he would get offered a prem job based on 1 season in LG1

I think the flack he has recieved is over the top IMHO.

I think he deserves a shot at building his own team and giving it a go.

Like most managers he may fail or may do well. Only time will tell.

I remember how everyone was clamouring for Paul Jewell to become our manager............ not many would have him now.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"][quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="The Voice Of Reason"][quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="First Wizard"]

A. Would he go?

B. Would you care?

Hmm?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nah.... why wait?

[;)]

[/quote]

Shooting is so clinical

[/quote]Then let Cureton do it.