Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Ladbrokes make us second favourites for promotion!

Quite surprised to see that Ladbrokes rate us so highly. Ladbrokes odds are as follows:

Leeds 3/1

City 6/1

Charlton 7/1

MK Dons 8/1

Brighton 9/1 (Why these odds, have they spent a fair bit of dosh on their squad?)

Millwall 12/1

Brighton have got a new majority shareholder in life long fan, and massive multi-millionaire Tony Bloom. I think his Dad may of had a fairly large stake in the club at some point in their history, and his son, Tony, seems to be following in his footsteps.The lads supposed to be ''very'' rich, shown by him investing £80 million in Brighton''s up and coming £90 million 22,500 seater stadium a year before his take over.On top of that i think their manager Russell Slade got about 5 wins in 7 games at the end of the season, popelling them out of the relegation zone, despite being 5 or 6 points adrift toward the end of the season, and in that, they seemed certainties for relegation.They''ve got a very bright future. I personally know tons of Brighton fans, and their all really sticking this in my face (needless to say the past few months have been a horrible experience).However, i have to say that i''m convinced their still not going up. They''ve ripped up the root players at the club recently, getting rid of a ''lot'' of their core and future talents, and i feel pretty sure it''s not going to do them any favours this season. And before Slade went on his impressive winning streak, the performances Brighton were churning out were pretty gutless.To be honest, i think, like we seem to do so often, they''ve created too much instability at the club to collectively pull themselves through the season to a good standard.I think they''ll finish mid-table personally.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Are these odds to win the league or just to get promoted?[/quote]

They''re the odds to win the League. In theory we should be about 6/4 to just get promoted, automatically or through the Play-Offs.

Best keep your money in your pocket methinks......

Remember that we were the favourites in our first season down from the Premiership, didnt quite turn out right then did it!

Of course, the bookies dont necessarily want the ''favourites'' to win, so can be creative with their odds. They make a hell of a lot more money if one of the outsiders win, so many people will bet on the apparent ''favourites''......

[quote user="I am a Banana"]how about the odds for us to stay in league 1?? were not getting promoted nor relegated![/quote]Prove it little boy.  I don''t think we will win the League but people seem to be over rating the hovel called League 1.

Regarding Tony Bloom at Brighton he is one of the most succesful gamblers the world has ever seen and now runs a huge Asian Hcap football betting business amongst other business interests.  He is very very well connected in football and I would imagine has a very useful scouting network available to him via the people that work for him who analyze matches.  Ideal Chairman if you ask me!!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Are these odds to win the league or just to get promoted?[/quote]

I would assume they''re odds to win the league. Ladbrokes had the odds for every team in our league, and of course all leagues. If you look at their odds you have a forecasted, theoretical league table for our division.

I wonder how much money you would win if you put a pound on to correctly forecast all twenty four teams in any division? Nigh on impossible to get right though!