Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

Player Names on the back of your Shirt

Every few seasons I like to get a new top, and part of the fun is deciding which player''s name to get on the back. I like to spend a few hours thinking about our stars, who I like the most and why. Previous shirts have had; Robins/Eadie/Mulryne/MacVeigh and Huckerby.

I wanted to buy a new shirt last season, but I just couldnt bring myself to idolise anyone in that team. They were either awful, on loan or not a player who I wanted on my shirt (ie Drury) so I didnt get one.

I want to buy a shirt this season and am worried that yet again I won''t be able to admire anyone enough to get their names on the shirt. I don''t personally like silly names or my own name on the shirt so it needs to be a player.

Do you think we will sign anyone exciting enough to warrant their names on supporters shirts? Gill/Tudor-Jones and Nelson havent done it for me yet...

Who would you get if you had to choose?

You going to the Rovers game in May? I live in Bristol so am gonna be making an appearance over the bank hol weekend.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]On the upside - Gill is certainly a cheap option [;)][/quote]I always hoped we''d sign Ibrahim Ba...

Not a bad idea! I do like Cody!!

Butterworth and Culverhouse were definate no no''s as a poor teenager! :)

I''ve never had a players name on any of my shirts recently, mainly because they change like the wind.

But, if I were to get one it would have to be Nelson, because it''s Nelsons County

[quote user="Blainsey"]You going to the Rovers game in May? I live in Bristol so am gonna be making an appearance over the bank hol weekend.[/quote]I certainly am!

I got Huckerby on the back of mine last season...... I believe [:|]

I also got Hoolahan on the back of my other one last season.... I don''t believe [:|]

[quote user="Spineless Fooks"]Don''t get one unless you are twelve or under....[/quote]I didn''t realise we all had to conform to your agenda when we started

following football.... I can only thank you for passing on your

undisputable wisdom upon us....Now sir, please accept this hat as an item of which others can recognise your undeniable authority and importance over all of us mere football fans......... [:|]

Why the hell do you want someone else''s name on your shirt?

Do you put someone else''s number on your house?  Do you use someone else''s name when you book a holiday? Do you give someone else''s phone number when you want them to call back?

Get a grip man for heavens'' sake.....

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

Do you put someone else''s number on your house?  Do you use someone else''s name when you book a holiday? Do you give someone else''s phone number when you want them to call back?

[/quote]i have to for their card to work.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

I like it. Don''t be mean to me.

[quote user="Blainsey"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

I like it. Don''t be mean to me.

[/quote]

I can''t be seen to show favouritism on here Blainsey...thus everyone must expect to take their fair share of abuse...... Afterall....I am the forum bastard aren''t I?

Now get a grip......

I might get Gill just to piss my mate off who is an exeter fan, so far i had to resort to sticking a piece of paper on the back of my Norwich Shirt which said "GILL" then standing with my back against his office window.I got a 1 fingered salute as he was in a meeting at the time, i laughed.

Good, BA, very good indeed.

I needed a new hat ;).

Nah, seriously, ruin your shirts if you want to but it was only my opinion, didn''t mean to offend anyone....

[quote user="Cluck is God"]Why the hell do you want someone else''s name on your shirt?

Get a grip man for heavens'' sake.....[/quote]Yep, walking through Gentlemens Walk with "CLUCK" on your back and a load of chavs behind imitating chickens sound like fun to me! [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck is God"]Why the hell do you want someone else''s name on your shirt?

Get a grip man for heavens'' sake.....[/quote]Yep, walking through Gentlemens Walk with "CLUCK" on your back and a load of chavs behind imitating chickens sound like fun to me! [:D]

[/quote]

Mmmmm....you should be so lucky to have me on your back sweetie!......

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck is God"]Why the hell do you want someone else''s name on your shirt?

Get a grip man for heavens'' sake.....[/quote]Yep, walking through Gentlemens Walk with "CLUCK" on your back and a load of chavs behind imitating chickens sound like fun to me! [:D][/quote]Mmmmm....you should be so lucky to have me on your back sweetie!......[/quote]Using the pink again I see. Is that to match your lipstick?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck is God"]Why the hell do you want someone else''s name on your shirt?

Get a grip man for heavens'' sake.....[/quote]Yep, walking through Gentlemens Walk with "CLUCK" on your back and a load of chavs behind imitating chickens sound like fun to me! [:D][/quote]Mmmmm....you should be so lucky to have me on your back sweetie!......[/quote]Using the pink again I see. Is that to match your lipstick?

[/quote]

Beakstick actually......

I saw this young lady with ''Mercedes'' on the back of her shirt. I asked her why?

She said she loved cars and had changed her name to that.

She asked my name and I told her BeerTits.