Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Hartlepool fans 'Pleased to see Nelson go'

How far we haven fallen when a player we sign can only afford to venture as far as Majorca for his honeymoon.A prem player would have been on some remote carribean island.

[quote user="HUFC Neal"]Hi all first post please be kind!

Few other things Unless he has a pacy CB next to him he struggles with any sort of pace, He is a HOOF ball merchant but his heading and positional awareness is spot on aslong as he isnt ball watching.

He is a bog standard League 1 CB now nothing special like he was a few years ago but again that could be down to things becoming stale, I hope he does well for you but unless your manager has a strict pass out of defence 9 times out of 10 he will find an opposition full back.

Good luck for the season but not when you play us[/quote]Thanks for that.  Good luck this season.You could be describing Captain Doc there, you know.  Sounds like a match made in heaven.

[quote user="HUFC Neal"]Hi all first post please be kind! Few other things Unless he has a pacy CB next to him he struggles with any sort of pace, He is a HOOF ball merchant but his heading and positional awareness is spot on aslong as he isnt ball watching. He is a bog standard League 1 CB now nothing special like he was a few years ago but again that could be down to things becoming stale, I hope he does well for you but unless your manager has a strict pass out of defence 9 times out of 10 he will find an opposition full back. Good luck for the season but not when you play us[/quote]

I heard from one of my ''Pools'' Monkey Hanger supporting mates, that one of Nelson''s hoofed ''clearances'' soared over the Cyril Knowles Stand towards the Marina.....It landed on the deck of HMS Trincomalee - and nearly sank her!

Imagine that, ''Nelson'' sinking one of his own ships?

I''d have much preferred if we were to sign Ben Clark.....He seems to have a bit more about him..... 

Wonder how many fans were involved in the original poll. 20?. 100?. Does the poll have any significance at all?.

[quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"]If you listen to Nelson''s interview on Radio Norfolk, he states that he knew he''d known that he wanted to leave Hartlepool for sometime, and acknowledged that it effected his form last season. Considering, I don''t think we should be surprised that some of their supporters are glad to see him go. I''[m sure a lot of City supporters would be equally pleased to see a player leave who no longer wanted to play for the club[/quote]

Not the sort of player you''d want as a roll model and certainly not the sort i want in the trenches of Division 3.

[quote user="DEB (never forgotten)"]

Interesting. Our board sell our 25 year old best centre back for around £750k whilst fighting a relegation battle in a ''fire sale'' - sorry that mean''t to read ''for footballing reasons''! - and now replace him with a 29 year old that Hartlepool fans are happy to see the back of.

No doubt the ''happy clappies'' see it as an excellent signing & feel excitement about how the squad is shaping up!

Makes you laugh.

A poll of their fans resulted in:                                                                                                       Pleased He''s Gone (49%)
Not Bothered Either Way (26%)

http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=158220

whats that?? ANOTHER LINK!!!!

Had a wee chat with a pool season ticket holder from work, asked about Nelson and he said that he is a good league 1 player but will play no further, hard as nails and commited but lacks talent, but if you want a man who can hoof the ball out then he will do well.

He said that he has been pants but he wantedto go last season.

He also mentioned about Butterworth, he said that he was very highly rated up there and a lot of fans were annoyed that he wasn''t given the chance to take the helm. Said he knows good players and organises the defence well.

I say give the lad a chance........

He''s crap.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"]If you listen to Nelson''s interview on Radio Norfolk, he states that he knew he''d known that he wanted to leave Hartlepool for sometime, and acknowledged that it effected his form last season. Considering, I don''t think we should be surprised that some of their supporters are glad to see him go. I''[m sure a lot of City supporters would be equally pleased to see a player leave who no longer wanted to play for the club[/quote]

Not the sort of player you''d want as a roll model and certainly not the sort i want in the trenches of Division 3.

[/quote]

It''s probably not ideal but I think it''s just human nature once somebody decides to move on.