Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Hartlepool fans 'Pleased to see Nelson go'

[quote user="king canary"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="cityangel"]At least we''re getting a bit of height in the team now.[/quote]At last! [Y][:D]Oh no......must... resist... inner Smudger!! [:|]BOARD OUT GUNN OUT BOO BOO BOO STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT ME!![:''(][/quote]

You didnt call anyone a sheep or something else insulting. I believe i was a ''dick'' once.

5/10 for the Smudger impression.

[/quote]Not an impression, just an evil spirit that rises to the surface from time to time. I''m thinking of calling an exorcist. [:P]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="king canary"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="cityangel"]At least we''re getting a bit of height in the team now.[/quote]

At last! [Y][:D]

Oh no...

...must... resist... inner Smudger!! [:|]

BOARD OUT GUNN OUT BOO BOO BOO STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT ME!!

[:''(]
[/quote]

You didnt call anyone a sheep or something else insulting. I believe i was a ''dick'' once.

5/10 for the Smudger impression.

[/quote]

Not an impression, just an evil spirit that rises to the surface from time to time. I''m thinking of calling an exorcist. [:P]
[/quote]

Dont. You will only get Wiz.

Supporters are always pleased when a player goes-it can be justified, of course, but, all because he gets a slating and a overall thumbs down upon his departure, it doesn''t logically mean he was as bad as they suddenly make out!

As has been pointed out on here, people were pleased when Ashton left, a lot more people were glad when Earnie toddled off, and, when we sold Shackell, we were laughing in Wolves'' faces-but he nearly made the difference when he came back last season!

Like everyone else, I will wait to see MN play, and thats over 10-12 games, not 1.

I realise that there are people out there who think we should be "displaying ambition" by going for the likes of David Wheater and Tom Huddlestone instead, but ho hum, Vidic could have a damascus moment and plead for a move here and everyone would harp on about how so-and-so skinned him last season.

Welcome, therefore Micky-we need a tough bastard at the back, it could be you!

you are wasting your time DEB. He is obviously a fantastic player. A whole host of clubs were chasing him, apparently we even beat the mighty Scunthorpe for his sgnature.

Must be because he realises that NCFC are really going places as a club.

[quote user="LQ"]The speed at which the interweb warrior can dis a new player on here just astounds me.

[/quote]

You need to get around cyberspace a bit more......novice.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]you are wasting your time DEB. He is obviously a fantastic player. A whole host of clubs were chasing him, apparently we even beat the mighty Scunthorpe for his sgnature. Must be because he realises that NCFC are really going places as a club.[/quote]

It''s because we have hot water and no portakabins as changing rooms....(for now)....

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]you are wasting your time DEB. He is obviously a fantastic player. A whole host of clubs were chasing him, apparently we even beat the mighty Scunthorpe for his sgnature. Must be because he realises that NCFC are really going places as a club.[/quote]

Yes - we certainly are!

Is anyone really interested in what Hartlepool fans think?

I would say i was not in the least bit disappointed Croft decided the grass was greener elsewhere...but i doubt any Derby fans are interested in what i think. [:D]

You do realise he was an international goalkeeper until he lost arm against the French.... then blow me down he went into defence and a shot took his eye out.....

Poor bastard. Nice of Norwich to take on yet another cripple though.........

So we were in a relegation battle before last season even started? A touch of the Mystic Megs there, methinks...

[quote user="Mazy Run"]So we were in a relegation battle before last season even started? A touch of the Mystic Megs there, methinks...[/quote]

Hardly needed a Mystic Meg to see that coming though did it. We''ve been on the slide since relegation from the Premiership. And, to be honest, looking at our current squad I wouldn''t say it''s over yet.

Just taking it back to the first post, note that it doesn''t state the total number of votes received? These on-line polls tend to get around a hundred votes on average... that''s hardly a reasonable amount of the whole hartlepool fan base who have seen nelson play week in out week out is it.

I myself haven''t seen Nelson play however he can''t be much worse than our leaky defence last year... and to sign on a free transfer beating championship clubs... we can''t complain too much surely :)

[quote]I myself haven''t seen Nelson play however he can''t be much worse

than our leaky defence last year... and to sign on a free transfer

beating championship clubs... we can''t complain too much surely :)[/quote]Don''t say that too loud, you''ll only get "BUT IT''S ONLY BLOODY SCUNTHORPE" in return... [;)]

I dont really know much about Nelson, But i remember the Forrest fans saying the same about Clingan. I''ll wait and see before rubbishing the guy.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Why would Hartlepool fans be that bothered about him leaving?, after all he was part of a defence of a team that avoided relegation to league 2 by one point last season! - hardly solid[/quote]

Only 2 other clubs in league 1 concede more goals than Hartlepool - but here''s the thing, it was in no part down to Nelson. He was on outstanding form, organising his defence & showing true leadership qualities. This almost rewarded him with a mega money move to become a standby centre-back at Leicester City when they tabled a massive £150,000 bid. Hartlepool turned the bid down, and this resulted in a mad scramble for Nelson''s signature at the end of the season!

Spot on beagle, I mentioned this the other day. The forest fans weren''t exactly downbeat at losing Clingan saying it was "no big loss" - look how he turned out... let''s all wait and see :)

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Well, I''m pleased to see him arrive. With him, Doc and Stef - with Spillane filling in if needed - I think we have a strong back line with a good mixture of experience. If Nelson can recapture the form that has seen him do well where ever he''s been, he could be a good signing.[/quote]

That said I''d still like a backup for Semmy in the form of, you know, someone who can defend. [Y]
[/quote]

Spillane?  He played about half of his games for Luton at right back, and the other half at centre back.

[quote user="DEB never forgotten"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Why would Hartlepool fans be that bothered about him leaving?, after all he was part of a defence of a team that avoided relegation to league 2 by one point last season! - hardly solid[/quote]

Only 2 other clubs in league 1 concede more goals than Hartlepool - but here''s the thing, it was in no part down to Nelson. He was on outstanding form, organising his defence & showing true leadership qualities. This almost rewarded him with a mega money move to become a standby centre-back at Leicester City when they tabled a massive £150,000 bid. Hartlepool turned the bid down, and this resulted in a mad scramble for Nelson''s signature at the end of the season!

[/quote]Nelson is different class. I think he''s up there in the top 20 defenders in England if I''m honest.

I''m not going to make a decision about any of the signings I''ve not seen until I have actually seen them play - he might be great, he might be crap, time will tell. 

I couldn''t care less about a poll in which 3 people and a dog voted - those sort of polls are about as representative and accurate as an Iranian general election.

For me, the fact that his manager wanted to keep him (offering improved terms) and Scunthorpe wanted him (whether we like it or not, the fact is that they are in a division higher than us right now, get used to it) those have to at least be taken as positive signs. 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

I''m not going to make a decision about any of the signings I''ve not seen until I have actually seen them play - he might be great, he might be crap, time will tell. 

I couldn''t care less about a poll in which 3 people and a dog voted - those sort of polls are about as representative and accurate as an Iranian general election.

For me, the fact that his manager wanted to keep him (offering improved terms) and Scunthorpe wanted him (whether we like it or not, the fact is that they are in a division higher than us right now, get used to it) those have to at least be taken as positive signs. 

[/quote]

You may have just increased the intellectual level of this thread 500% with one post.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]To be fair if you has done a poll when we sold Shackell you probably would have found more than 50% of Norwich fans pleased to see him go for that money! maybe they are just all fed up with the "will he, won''t he" sign his contract saga.[/quote]and at the time he wasnt playing well! confidence was low and money was good!

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Spot on beagle, I mentioned this the other day. The forest fans weren''t exactly downbeat at losing Clingan saying it was "no big loss" - look how he turned out... let''s all wait and see :)[/quote]

He was no big loss to them - Forest stayed up, we didnt!

Hi all first post please be kind!

Few other things Unless he has a pacy CB next to him he struggles with any sort of pace, He is a HOOF ball merchant but his heading and positional awareness is spot on aslong as he isnt ball watching.

He is a bog standard League 1 CB now nothing special like he was a few years ago but again that could be down to things becoming stale, I hope he does well for you but unless your manager has a strict pass out of defence 9 times out of 10 he will find an opposition full back.

Good luck for the season but not when you play us

[quote user="HUFC Neal"]Hi all first post please be kind!

Few other things Unless he has a pacy CB next to him he struggles with any sort of pace, He is a HOOF ball merchant but his heading and positional awareness is spot on aslong as he isnt ball watching.

He is a bog standard League 1 CB now nothing special like he was a few years ago but again that could be down to things becoming stale, I hope he does well for you but unless your manager has a strict pass out of defence 9 times out of 10 he will find an opposition full back.

Good luck for the season but not when you play us[/quote]Oh dear. We''ve got Stefanovic and Doherty, both slow.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

You do realise he was an international goalkeeper until he lost arm against the French.... then blow me down he went into defence and a shot took his eye out.....

Poor bastard. Nice of Norwich to take on yet another cripple though.........

[/quote]

Cluck, for all of your recent posts I have to give you 11/10 superb [*]

Keep it up. [Y]

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Well, I''m pleased to see him arrive. With him, Doc and Stef - with Spillane filling in if needed - I think we have a strong back line with a good mixture of experience. If Nelson can recapture the form that has seen him do well where ever he''s been, he could be a good signing.[/quote]

That said I''d still like a backup for Semmy in the form of, you know, someone who can defend. [Y]
[/quote]

Spillane?  He played about half of his games for Luton at right back, and the other half at centre back.

[/quote]

Yes Luton fan''s really rated Spillane last season, I''d have him playing ahead of Otsemobor this season!