Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Hartlepool fans 'Pleased to see Nelson go'

Interesting. Our board sell our 25 year old best centre back for around £750k whilst fighting a relegation battle in a ''fire sale'' - sorry that mean''t to read ''for footballing reasons''! - and now replace him with a 29 year old that Hartlepool fans are happy to see the back of.

No doubt the ''happy clappies'' see it as an excellent signing & feel excitement about how the squad is shaping up!

Makes you laugh.

A poll of their fans resulted in:                                                                                                       Pleased He''s Gone (49%)
Not Bothered Either Way (26%)

http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=158220

Ambassador

With your clever use of statisitics and your intelligent "happy-clappies" insight ;

you''re really spoiling us..............

To be fair if you has done a poll when we sold Shackell you probably would have found more than 50% of Norwich fans pleased to see him go for that money! maybe they are just all fed up with the "will he, won''t he" sign his contract saga.

Many online fans were happy to see the back of Dean Ashton....''No doubt the ''happy clappies'' see it as an excellent signing''Ha ha, Smudger is a happy clappy! [:D]

[quote user="DEBra"]

Interesting. Our board sell our 25 year old best centre back for around £750k whilst fighting a relegation battle in a ''fire sale'' - sorry that mean''t to read ''for footballing reasons''! - and now replace him with a 29 year old that Hartlepool fans are happy to see the back of.

No doubt the ''happy clappies'' see it as an excellent signing & feel excitement about how the squad is shaping up!

Makes you laugh.

A poll of their fans resulted in:                                                                                                       Pleased He''s Gone (49%)Not Bothered Either Way (26%)

http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=158220

[/quote]Pointless.

The speed at which the interweb warrior can dis a new player on here just astounds me.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Call me old fashioned but I like to reserve judgement about a player''s abilities until I''ve see him play. [Y]
[/quote]

You''re old fashioned [:P]

Make up your mind now. He''s either brilliant or sh*t. There is no in between. There are no grey areas. That''s how it works here. NOW DO IT!!!!1!!1!1!!!!!!!

[;)]

Smudger is a happy clappy.

It''s interesting as on 606 they all seem to say he seemed disinterested and his head was elsewhere. Hopefully it was just the want for a new challenge.

[quote user="LQ"]The speed at which the interweb warrior can dis a new player on here just astounds me.

[/quote]

lol and before a ball has been kicked by him.  I wish these people had the foresight to predict the lottery numbers, we could all benefit from the Lotto and Euromillions [:D]

If you listen to Nelson''s interview on Radio Norfolk, he states that he knew he''d known that he wanted to leave Hartlepool for sometime, and acknowledged that it effected his form last season. Considering, I don''t think we should be surprised that some of their supporters are glad to see him go. I''[m sure a lot of City supporters would be equally pleased to see a player leave who no longer wanted to play for the club

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="LQ"]The speed at which the interweb warrior can dis a new player on here just astounds me.

[/quote]

lol and before a ball has been kicked by him.  I wish these people had the foresight to predict the lottery numbers, we could all benefit from the Lotto and Euromillions [:D]

[/quote]

That''s the interweb for you. Everyone has to have an opinion on every subject under the sun regardless of whether they have the first clue what they''re on about. Any attempt to wait until facts become clearer will see you derided as a ''fence sitter''. This is bad. Talking sh*t without engaging brain first is good.

Smudger

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Call me old fashioned but I like to reserve judgement about a player''s abilities until I''ve see him play. [Y][/quote]That''s just ridiculous

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Call me old fashioned but I like to reserve judgement about a player''s abilities until I''ve see him play. [Y][/quote]That''s just ridiculous [/quote]It''s a habit I''m trying to kick. I wish, wish, wish I could totally write off a player before I''ve seem him in action. At least then I''d fit in. [:''(]

Well, I''m pleased to see him arrive. With him, Doc and Stef - with Spillane filling in if needed - I think we have a strong back line with a good mixture of experience. If Nelson can recapture the form that has seen him do well where ever he''s been, he could be a good signing.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Call me old fashioned but I like to reserve judgement about a player''s abilities until I''ve see him play. [Y]
[/quote]

You''re old fashioned [:P]

Make up your mind now. He''s either brilliant or sh*t. There is no in between. There are no grey areas. That''s how it works here. NOW DO IT!!!!1!!1!1!!!!!!!

[;)]

Smudger is a happy clappy.

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Well, I''m pleased to see him arrive. With him, Doc and Stef - with Spillane filling in if needed - I think we have a strong back line with a good mixture of experience. If Nelson can recapture the form that has seen him do well where ever he''s been, he could be a good signing.[/quote]That said I''d still like a backup for Semmy in the form of, you know, someone who can defend. [Y]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Call me old fashioned but I like to reserve judgement about a player''s abilities until I''ve see him play. [Y][/quote]Sensible opinion on the Pink''Un message board - BOOOOOO!!!!!!!

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s the interweb for you. Everyone has to have an opinion on every subject under the sun regardless of whether they have the first clue what they''re on about. Any attempt to wait until facts become clearer will see you derided as a ''fence sitter''. This is bad. Talking sh*t without engaging brain first is good.

Smudger

[/quote]

What''s all this Smudger thing at the end of some peoples posts lol?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Call me old fashioned but I like to reserve judgement about a player''s abilities until I''ve see him play. [Y][/quote]Sensible opinion on the Pink''Un message board - BOOOOOO!!!!!!!

[/quote]Delia worshipping board sympathiser - BOOO!!! OUT OUT OUT! TROO FANS ONLI!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger

[/quote]

What''s all this Smudger thing at the end of some peoples posts lol?

[/quote]

He says he searches using his own name to find threads he has partaken in, and posts that mention him get in the way of doing this. So shack suggested a game which I quite enjoy.

Smudger

At least we''re getting a bit of height in the team now.

[quote user="cityangel"]At least we''re getting a bit of height in the team now.[/quote]At last! [Y][:D]Oh no...

...must... resist... inner Smudger!! [:|]

BOARD OUT GUNN OUT BOO BOO BOO STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT ME!!

[:''(]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="cityangel"]At least we''re getting a bit of height in the team now.[/quote]

At last! [Y][:D]

Oh no...

...must... resist... inner Smudger!! [:|]

BOARD OUT GUNN OUT BOO BOO BOO STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT ME!!

[:''(]
[/quote]

You didnt call anyone a sheep or something else insulting. I believe i was a ''dick'' once.

5/10 for the Smudger impression.