Sign in to follow this  
yossarian

Financial Meltdown and why we (might ) need the scum.

Mixed feelings about southampton.....not my favourite club and their mess only helps us to attract the players that would otherwise signed for them and help keep wages down because they wont be able to compete with us , charlton and huddfield financially. Anyway.....it should be noted that i dont want any more clubs to bite the dust (well Newcastle would be f***ing funny but......) When the scum were struggling financially , did anyone actually want them to fold? Or do we actually need the scum for our own identity as fans? Own up......

[quote user="yossarian"]Mixed feelings about southampton.....not my favourite club and their mess only helps us to attract the players that would otherwise signed for them and help keep wages down because they wont be able to compete with us , charlton and huddfield financially. Anyway.....it should be noted that i dont want any more clubs to bite the dust (well Newcastle would be f***ing funny but......) When the scum were struggling financially , did anyone actually want them to fold? Or do we actually need the scum for our own identity as fans? Own up......[/quote] I might take the piss yossar but no way would I want NCFC to go out of business, I cannot believe any true football fan would enjoying seeing another club go to the wall especially your biggest rivals. Youa re right when you say you need us and yes we also need you, its healthy for football in our region.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="yossarian"]Mixed feelings about southampton.....not my favourite club and their mess only helps us to attract the players that would otherwise signed for them and help keep wages down because they wont be able to compete with us , charlton and huddfield financially. Anyway.....it should be noted that i dont want any more clubs to bite the dust (well Newcastle would be f***ing funny but......) When the scum were struggling financially , did anyone actually want them to fold? Or do we actually need the scum for our own identity as fans? Own up......[/quote] I might take the piss yossar but no way would I want NCFC to go out of business, I cannot believe any true football fan would enjoying seeing another club go to the wall especially your biggest rivals. Youa re right when you say you need us and yes we also need you, its healthy for football in our region.
[/quote]

slime back under your rock, inbred

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="yossarian"]Mixed feelings about southampton.....not my favourite club and their mess only helps us to attract the players that would otherwise signed for them and help keep wages down because they wont be able to compete with us , charlton and huddfield financially. Anyway.....it should be noted that i dont want any more clubs to bite the dust (well Newcastle would be f***ing funny but......) When the scum were struggling financially , did anyone actually want them to fold? Or do we actually need the scum for our own identity as fans? Own up......[/quote] I might take the piss yossar but no way would I want NCFC to go out of business, I cannot believe any true football fan would enjoying seeing another club go to the wall especially your biggest rivals. Youa re right when you say you need us and yes we also need you, its healthy for football in our region.[/quote]

[/quote] Yes that sure was the voice of reason.

true............. although i will always have a feeling of smug superiority over you blues...... because no matter how grim things get here........and they are pretty f***ing grim at the moment........we have never had to shaft St.Johns ambulance for their expenses........you could (in a distant and terrifying future) win the champions league and i would still know we are a better club with more class simply cos we haven''t shat on a bunch of hardworking volunteers just to pay for finidi george to wibble about the pitch pretending to be that other finidi george (the one who was a really good player for nigeria) . end of rant. feel better.

how are inbreds more slimey? at least be accurate with your insults. i like bluemike......hes a scummer.....but hes our scummer

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="yossarian"]Mixed feelings about southampton.....not my favourite club and their mess only helps us to attract the players that would otherwise signed for them and help keep wages down because they wont be able to compete with us , charlton and huddfield financially. Anyway.....it should be noted that i dont want any more clubs to bite the dust (well Newcastle would be f***ing funny but......) When the scum were struggling financially , did anyone actually want them to fold? Or do we actually need the scum for our own identity as fans? Own up......[/quote] I might take the piss yossar but no way would I want NCFC to go out of business, I cannot believe any true football fan would enjoying seeing another club go to the wall especially your biggest rivals. Youa re right when you say you need us and yes we also need you, its healthy for football in our region.
[/quote]

[/quote]

That sure was being reasonable, now if you ain''t got a decent blue message board get back in bed with your sister!

I''m afraid I cannot hide the fact that I would love to see them fold, I''d actually like to see much worse things happen to them but folding would have been great

Well to be honest, I always vowed that if I won mega amounts on the euro lottery, I would actually buy the arms dealer out. I would then take great delight in tearing down Poorman Road and turning it into a car park. (With public conveniences of course, so if I did ever have the misfortune of being stuck in the land that time forgot I could quite literally p**s on the remnants that were formally known as the s**m).

However I must be mellowing in my old age as I quite like some of blue mikes input (when hes not on a wind up of course!!!)

no i love the rivalry! We have to hate each other but really when it came down to it, i like their style of football. There are a number of teams i hate more... WBA, Palace, Millwall, Chelsea, Wolves, Birmingham... I could go on!Don''t get me wrong, I hate Inbredswich but...quite a bit of it is probably because I have to and was taught to hate them from about the age of say... 3 or 4? (elder brothers see to those sort of things don''t they!)

Now come on gents play nice with the grubby neighbour. Now hands on hearts, are you relly not going to miss our games with the scum next year? I am. As much as I hate them blue tossers I have to be honest and say I''m going to miss the games against the dirty scumbags next season. We need them as much as they need us.[;)]

I''d miss the Ipswich games too much. I''ll miss them this year as it is, I just don''t have the same disdain for Colchester as I do for Ippy. Even if one of the two clubs went completely belly up, I still think the fans would share a rivalry and that the club that did go belly up would be reborn in some fashion, i.e Wimbledon forming a new club after the previous Wimbledon relocated and legally continued under a different name. I believe there is also now a newly formed Gretna FC somewhere, there may be more examples out there. So it''s entirely possible that whilst a rivalry would be put on hold for a while we''d still have a chance of the rivalry continuing.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

ignore him blue Mike.. everyone else does... i agree with what you say.... to see you fold would be disastrous! we need the Derby and the rivalry.. the gap of however long it will be till the next derby will only whet our appetites further....

On another note.. if Ipswich ever gained City status (PFFFT!) would you find it soul destroying supporting "Ipswich City fc?" a new team with no history to it whatsover?

jas :)

[quote user="yossarian"]how are inbreds more slimey? at least be accurate with your insults. i like bluemike......hes a scummer.....but hes our scummer[/quote]

I vote that we make Bluemike any honoury Norwich fan.

Bring out the gimp!

I find Scummer a bit offensive really for an Ippo fan. I much prefer Binner.

As you were.

Nope, I have no desire to see any club go under - not even the scum. We''d all soon get pretty bored having nobody to hate. Mind you, City could become an East Anglian super club with that vastly bigger fan base with the loss of the scum!! We''d certainly be in need of a much more ambitious and competent board as well in that scenario.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="yossarian"]Mixed feelings about southampton.....not my favourite club and their mess only helps us to attract the players that would otherwise signed for them and help keep wages down because they wont be able to compete with us , charlton and huddfield financially. Anyway.....it should be noted that i dont want any more clubs to bite the dust (well Newcastle would be f***ing funny but......) When the scum were struggling financially , did anyone actually want them to fold? Or do we actually need the scum for our own identity as fans? Own up......[/quote] I might take the piss yossar but no way would I want NCFC to go out of business, I cannot believe any true football fan would enjoying seeing another club go to the wall especially your biggest rivals. Youa re right when you say you need us and yes we also need you, its healthy for football in our region.[/quote]

[/quote] Yes that sure was the voice of reason.[/quote]

ignore him blue Mike.. everyone else does... i agree with what you say.... to see you fold would be disastrous! we need the Derby and the rivalry.. the gap of however long it will be till the next derby will only whet our appetites further....

On another note.. if Ipswich ever gained City status (PFFFT!) would you find it soul destroying supporting "Ipswich City fc?" a new team with no history to it whatsover?

[/quote] Jas, IF we did ever become a city, and I say IF, i would hate the thought that we could ever be called Ipswich City, it just wont be accepted, we would have to stay "Town".

[quote user="foggo7"]I''m afraid I cannot hide the fact that I would love to see them fold, I''d actually like to see much worse things happen to them but folding would have been great
[/quote]

I hate the blue filth with a passion, but fold? no, I wouldn''t wish for that.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Jas, IF we did ever become a city, and I say IF, i would hate the thought that we could ever be called Ipswich City, it just wont be accepted, we would have to stay "Town".
[/quote]

......Or Tahhhnn as I believe it is pronounced

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I hate the blue filth with a passion, but fold? no, I wouldn''t wish for that.

[/quote]

Quoted for truth.

[/quote]

But c''mon Mike - You DO like to see the Scum struggle in league ONE  dont you [:)]

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

......Or Tahhhnn as I believe it is pronounced

[/quote]

Nope! slight misconception there. It''s more likely to be said as "Towan" ![;)]