Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

No wonder there's no leftovers for the likes of us!

Look at this list of the Manchester City strikers!!!!!!!!! All eleven of ''em!!!!!!!!!!!

Bellamy, Bojinov, Jo, Robinho, Evans, Caicedo, Vassell, Benjani, Sturridge, Santa Cruz and (soon) Tevez.

Poverty sucks.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Look at this list of the Manchester City strikers!!!!!!!!! All eleven of ''em!!!!!!!!!!!

Bellamy, Bojinov, Jo, Robinho, Evans, Caicedo, Vassell, Benjani, Sturridge, Santa Cruz and (soon) Tevez.

Poverty sucks.

OTBC

[/quote]

I can see Daniel Sturridge going to Chelsea, and Ched Evans going somewhere else. In my opinion they would have lost two players that have the potential to be just as good as any of those other strikers (except maybe Robinho).

I think I am going to find myself hating Man City more than I do Man Utd. Say all that you like about Utd, but they always play their youth if they are good enough. The only two home grown players on that list are Evans and Sturridge, they would get a lot more respect from me if they valued people like that over the journeyman Craig Bellamy and very average Jo (£18m!!).

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Poverty sucks.

OTBC

[/quote]

Just think of all the banners they have to knit ready for matchdays.......

It has it''s compensations.

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Poverty sucks.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Knit?

The mind boggles.

OTBC

Joe Hart bombed out on loan, whilst they''re desperate, it seems, to get rid of Evans and Sturridge.Whats the point of banging on about -and all that investment in- their Academy if they are just not going to bother giving players a chance, is it just so someone within the club can get a semi hard on about the latest Tunisian striker they can buy for £16 Million-just because they can?Arsenal give their young players every chance, as do Liverpool and Man Utd to a lesser degree-of course, there is the argument that they nick their kids from other clubs in the first place, so maybe the argument isn''t that strong, however....Jo, FFS. What scouting masterwork resulted in them spending God only knows how much on him. Someone who shouldn''t be anywhere near a football club, thats who!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]
Joe Hart bombed out on loan, whilst they''re desperate, it seems, to get rid of Evans and Sturridge.

Whats the point of banging on about -and all that investment in- their Academy if they are just not going to bother giving players a chance, is it just so someone within the club can get a semi hard on about the latest Tunisian striker they can buy for £16 Million-just because they can?

Arsenal give their young players every chance, as do Liverpool and Man Utd to a lesser degree-of course, there is the argument that they nick their kids from other clubs in the first place, so maybe the argument isn''t that strong, however....

Jo, FFS. What scouting masterwork resulted in them spending God only knows how much on him. Someone who shouldn''t be anywhere near a football club, thats who!

[/quote]

other than carrigher and gerrard, cant think of many more!! warnock played a few then sold,

Sturridge has joined Chelsea today with a fee to be decided by a tribunal.

City have also signed Taylor for Villa as a back up to given while Hart''s out on loan.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Tevez seems to be horribly overated by all of the commentators - has Joooorbitchan paid them money to say he''s good or something?

[quote user="chicken"]Is it just me or does anyone else think that Tevez seems to be horribly overated by all of the commentators - has Joooorbitchan paid them money to say he''s good or something?[/quote]I don''t know. Tevez seems to be almost the perfect modern day striker to me, Strong enough to hold the ball up, quick enough to stretch defences, clever enough of movement and pass to link up with almost any strike partner and equally happy through the middle or out wide where he also defends well. He doesn''t score a huge amount but, and this might sound a bit daft, that doesn''t matter that much these days where more and more goals are scored by attacking midfielders (Gerrard and Lampard) and wide attackers (Ronaldo, Messi and erm Huckerby). Out and out strikers who hang on the last defender or who rely on instinct to find a yard in the box are finished in the modern game. That''s why nobody wants Owen. How he must hate the man who invented 4-2-3-1!

[quote user="city till i die"]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]
Joe Hart bombed out on loan, whilst they''re desperate, it seems, to get rid of Evans and Sturridge.

Whats the point of banging on about -and all that investment in- their Academy if they are just not going to bother giving players a chance, is it just so someone within the club can get a semi hard on about the latest Tunisian striker they can buy for £16 Million-just because they can?

Arsenal give their young players every chance, as do Liverpool and Man Utd to a lesser degree-of course, there is the argument that they nick their kids from other clubs in the first place, so maybe the argument isn''t that strong, however....

Jo, FFS. What scouting masterwork resulted in them spending God only knows how much on him. Someone who shouldn''t be anywhere near a football club, thats who!

[/quote]

other than carrigher and gerrard, cant think of many more!! warnock played a few then sold,

[/quote]

Michael Owen! Robbie Fowler! Steve McManaman! Dominic Matteo! David Thompson!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="city till i die"]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Michael Owen! Robbie Fowler! Steve McManaman! Dominic Matteo! David Thompson!

[/quote]

About one every five years or so, then.

OTBC

Arsenal may play young players but they''re hardly homegrown talent are they? Isn''t it some prerequisite that every Arsenal player must a) be black b) speak French as a first language or c) be Cesc Fabregas?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Poverty sucks.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Knit?

The mind boggles.

OTBC

[/quote]

Blimey Bly..... I never claimed to be a domestic goddess.

How else do they make cloth these days?....