Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Top Commentary Moments

Following on from a thread about the re-release of some of our better moments on DVD, i must confess to watching quite alot of them latly,some of the Commentaries really stick with me.

"Its the big man, its the Welsh man, In Cardiff, for Delia and the Boss, Norwich stare at the Premiership" Iwan puttin us 1-0 up at the Millenium.

"Haha this is just like watching fantasy football" John Motson after Mark Bowen put us 2-0 up in Munich

"Well he either scores spectacular goals or important goals........and thats ones both" Another Gossy vs Munich moment.

I can very vaguly remember our UEFA cup run, but i was thinking to myself how unlcuky we were with Goss hitting the bar at Carrow Road (Then Crook blazing over) and Ekoku putting just wide early on at the San Siro. Could have been so much different. 

Although i am anti board, Delia, Gunn and think we have a terrible team, im getting so excited for the start of the season.

OTBC

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Following on from a thread about the re-release of some of our better moments on DVD, i must confess to watching quite alot of them latly,some of the Commentaries really stick with me.

"Its the big man, its the Welsh man, In Cardiff, for Delia and the Boss, Norwich stare at the Premiership" Iwan puttin us 1-0 up at the Millenium.

"Haha this is just like watching fantasy football" John Motson after Mark Bowen put us 2-0 up in Munich

"Well he either scores spectacular goals or important goals........and thats ones both" Another Gossy vs Munich moment.

I can very vaguly remember our UEFA cup run, but i was thinking to myself how unlcuky we were with Goss hitting the bar at Carrow Road (Then Crook blazing over) and Ekoku putting just wide early on at the San Siro. Could have been so much different. 

Although i am anti board, Delia, Gunn and think we have a terrible team, im getting so excited for the start of the season.

OTBC

[/quote]

That always sends a shiver down my spine [:(]

[quote user="The Undertaker"][quote user="CDMullins"]

OTBC

[/quote]

That always sends a shiver down my spine [:(]

[/quote]You feeling like a shiver right now? Iwan''s goal

[quote user="CDMullins"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I''ve got that whole match on dvd..... I was so p*ssed at the Millenium that all I could remember was Horsfields elbow, McVeighs amazing bit of skill and Notmans cross for the goal..... couldnt remember a single other thing on the pitch, was absolutely mesmerrised by the fans.......

As it happens, we didnt play at that well to be honest, and deserved to lose the game.

Not strictly commentary, but, "I have a question we would all like the answer to", Neil Adams "Go on Nicky". Caller "How long is your ........".  Followed by childish sniggering from Matt Gudgeon and Neil Adams, classic.

you can''t beat some classic Roy Waller moments, sometimes you didn''t know what team had scored...

My best Roy Waller moment was when he got interviewed by Craig Fleming after Sunderland after being drenched....

I HATE COMMENTATORS, they persist on saying players names wrong, even when the other one with them says it right, they just carry one, even with simple names, the Champions league final, Barcelona suddenly started playing chabby, who is that ??? its not hard to say Xavi, its not far off how its spelt really.

and they say the most obvious things, its just so annoying, i often listen to music when watching footy on the TV

For me it has to be the commentary from the scum game at portaloo rd, when bellamy scored a header, and we won 1-0. I know the whole piece. It was malky commentating with Roy Waller, and as we scored malky shouted, "oooooh, that''s magnafacant!" in the most scottish accent I''ve ever heard (hence the spelling of magnificent). It was awsome.

Just watched the iwan goal, it really works, literally shiver down my spine, incredible, i''ll never forget waving him goodbye on the division 1 champions parade bus through the city. Give him a coaching job along with dion and hucks, there aren''t enough legends managing our club!!![:P]

[quote user="Willmeister"]Or Neil Adams scream when Ched scored that rocket at Cardiff.
[/quote]

or his scream at Croft''s goal against the scum earlier this season

not City but i seem to remember on an England game years ago "Ohhhhh and Seamans all over the place" [;)] made me laugh anyways

John Motson from the 1996 Euro Championships :

And the Germans are on the ball.........................................................................Kuntz!!!!

I remember Baddiel & Skinner picking this up on their Fantasy Football show.  Still has me in stitches now!!!!

That Motson ''Kuntz'' one was superb. Also had a good laugh about one earlier in the season on the radio. Scholes had been injured and the commentator said ''Scholes gets up gingerly''.

I was at the game so didn''t hear it, but i remember my mate having a good laugh about a Waller moment back in the early 00s when we drew 1-1 with a late equaliser. Hadji i think it was had hit the side netting, and Waller was certain it was a goal. He kept going on about it being 2-0, and Adams had to correct him.

That Iwan goal gives me goosebumps too. What a moment that was!

Firstly the " Heres Fleck Again "  cry from the commentary box when he volleyed in the winner in the dying seconds at Millwall but one piece of commentary that stands out for me was when we played at Oldham live on Skys Monday Night Game. It was Robins 2nd I think when we broke away with Fox and he squared it early for Robins to slot home. The crowd were booing for offside etc but it clearly wasn''t and I think it was Martin Tyler who was most complimentary about the goal.

[quote user="The Gunn Show"]

[quote user="Willmeister"]Or Neil Adams scream when Ched scored that rocket at Cardiff.[/quote]

or his scream at Croft''s goal against the scum earlier this season

not City but i seem to remember on an England game years ago "Ohhhhh and Seamans all over the place" [;)] made me laugh anyways

[/quote] It''s not football, but Ian Bishop at the 20/20 World Cup, when a catch was on one commentator said its an Australian fielder under it and Bishop said, ''Its a Hussey'' made me chuckle anyway.

Cricket again, a famous one from a few years ago. England v West Indies, not sure of the commentator:

"The bowlers Holding, the batsmans Willey"

I remember the test match cricket classic from years back"the batsman Holding(Michael) the bowlers Willey(Peter)"

Harry Carpenter  -   The University Boat Race 1977

"Ah, isn''t that nice, the wife of the Cambridge President is kissing the cox of the Oxford crew"[;)]

I remember Iwans header.. i honestly thought we''d won on golden goal! didnt Gillingham get promoted by a golden goal 12 months earlier?

if he had scored 2 minutes earlier......

jas :)

[quote user="AJ"]"And Smith must score..."
[/quote]

thast the name of Brightons fanzine....which we will be able to buy in league 1 now :(

jas :)