Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

Grant Holt signing closer?

Grant Holt and Andy Bishop. They are the 2 forwards i would love here. If they manage to sign Bishop and hang on to Holt, i would put them amongst the favourites to get promoted.

[quote user="canaryspike7"]Grant Holt will be our player by mid July.[/quote]

Would we have to pay a fee for him?Because if we do then he will never be our player

I''m not going to pretend that its a 100% reliable source but yeah apparently it''s between us and another club, but he would prefer Norwich, he loves the area so I''m told.

[quote user="canaryspike7"]I''m not going to pretend that its a 100% reliable source but yeah apparently it''s between us and another club, but he would prefer Norwich, he loves the area so I''m told.[/quote] i have heard the same story from somebody , can you confirm who the second club is then if both match up then there could be some truth in this

I was reliabily informed almost four weeks ago that Holt would definatly be signing and i did post this on the forum. 

I have spoken to this source again this morning and he has stated that nothing has changed albeit things are taking longer than anticipated as Shrewsbury are looking to replace before selling and City are waiting to sell before buying.

I think the message is watch this space! 

[quote user="Salahuddin"]So if it did happen who would be happy with him here?[/quote]

Errrr No! Bit of a trundler and why did he leave Forest to drop to div 2? Not exactly ambitous.....on second thoughts he would fit right in here!

[quote user="Pissed as a Mattress"]

I have been told it depends on season ticket rebates unclaimed.

[/quote]LOL...they''re waiting for Mr Trumpton to make his decision before finalising the budget

[quote user="colneycanary"]Grant Holt and Andy Bishop. They are the 2 forwards i would love here. If they manage to sign Bishop and hang on to Holt, i would put them amongst the favourites to get promoted.[/quote]Holt has a better goalscoring record although he is a tad older. He has also played at a higher level so I would go for Holt over Bishop to be honest.

so does this mean that next season when Bishop fails to score and turn in poor performances we''ll all be ''bashing the bishop''????[:$]

[quote user="canaryspike7"]It appears that Colchester were the "other" club.[/quote]

...and they appear to be ''closer'' than we are.