Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Adnams wins Town beer contract

Wouldn''t it be nice if we signed up with our local brewer Woodfordes instead of the rubbish they currently serve?  

[quote user="gary "]can you piss in it before you seal the barrel[/quote]Unfortunatley I just sell the stuff dont make it!

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="gary "]can you piss in it before you seal the barrel[/quote]
Unfortunatley I just sell the stuff dont make it!
[/quote]

What pub do you work in? [:D]

[quote user="Ed Notty"]Wouldn''t it be nice if we signed up with our local brewer Woodfordes instead of the rubbish they currently serve?  [/quote]

Yeah, put me down for a gallon of Nelson''s Revenge.

I love going to the Fur and Feather at Woodbastwick next to their brewery, and having  a pint of everything !!!

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="gary "]can you piss in it before you seal the barrel[/quote]Unfortunatley I just sell the stuff dont make it![/quote]

What pub do you work in? [:D]

[/quote]Haha not quite I work in there nice new shiney cellar and kitchen shop. Student summer job, not high up in the company!

I would love to see a local brewery (or anything for that matter) replace the rubbish in the Russell Allison.  The football club would get some good publicity for a change by bringing in a local ale (even as a guest ale every home game).  Then again, Doncaster probably signed a contract with Carling for the next decade.

[quote user="Ed Notty"]Wouldn''t it be nice if we signed up with our local brewer Woodfordes instead of the rubbish they currently serve?  [/quote]They actually do serve Woodfordes at CR but only in the corporates. It comes in a box which brews the beer on the fly.

I know real ale is notorious for going off pretty rapidly, but if the bar managers were to start with a pin (four and a half gallon cask) of a Woodfordes, Wolfe, CHB, Buffy''s or another locally brewed ale in each bar, I''m sure they would empty those in one session on a matchday - I would certainly do my bit to help out there! If those proved popular, they could increase the size of the order for the next match. Simples!

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/content/greenun/sport/football/championship/ipswich-town/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=IpswichTownFC&tBrand=GreenUnOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=IPED23%20Jun%202009%2008%3A51%3A12%3A827

Nice pint that. Gone are the days of Town ripping fans off with Bosnian lager.

[/quote]

This is disturbing news, my favourite pint now on sale in a portaloo near you, why would they do that to me??? why???? Grossly unfair!