Sign in to follow this  
canarynotsonew77

Cheeky b*****ds!!!!!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

we are constantly being told that the Directors are fans just like us, we are constantly being told that the club is on the look out for new investment, well here we have a Director who has £1M to invest (if you believe the figures bandied around in the press), so why not invest it in players, no strings attached?

[/quote]

This looks like the so called Investment prior to the rebate plea.

[quote user="jbghost"]

The rebate matching money is a donation to the club by Michael Foulger, not an investment.

[/quote]

Is the donation a donation, a loan or a purchase of shares?

Anyway it could still be the money that was being talked about before the rebate plea.

It is a donation. Confirmed on the offy board yesterday by Joe Ferrari

Hello,

I have been quite busy preparing for today''s announcement, as have the Board Directors who I needed to speak to in order to source an answer to this question.

Michael Foulger''s matching contribution on unclaimed rebate money is a donation. It is not a loan and it is not in return for equity.

Thanks,

Joe

Lambo, sorry to hear about your job, it nearly happened to me. Hope you got some cash as a payoff and find something else soon.As for Foulger and McNally, it seems to me they''re damned if they do, damned if they don''t. Isn''t it part of their job to maximise funds available to the club? Which is exactly what they''re doing. Would those who think they''re taking the p*ss be happy if they sat on their arses and did nothing? I don''t think so.

[quote user="jbghost"]

It is a donation. Confirmed on the offy board yesterday by Joe Ferrari

Hello,

I have been quite busy preparing for today''s announcement, as have the Board Directors who I needed to speak to in order to source an answer to this question.

Michael Foulger''s matching contribution on unclaimed rebate money is a donation. It is not a loan and it is not in return for equity.

Thanks,

Joe

[/quote]  So that is one hell of a donation!! It looks as though around half of the season ticket holders (9,000?) will waive their right to a rebate, estimated (so I hear) to be worth £450,000.  Michael F. will match it in a no strings donation. So he is putting into the playing budget as much as 9,000 other supportes are doing.  i always thought if you Blackmail someone you made money !!??

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Lambo, sorry to hear about your job, it nearly happened to me. Hope you got some cash as a payoff and find something else soon.

As for Foulger and McNally, it seems to me they''re damned if they do, damned if they don''t. Isn''t it part of their job to maximise funds available to the club? Which is exactly what they''re doing. Would those who think they''re taking the p*ss be happy if they sat on their arses and did nothing? I don''t think so.
[/quote]

Its the way they''ve gone about it. We as loyal supporters and the single Biggest asset this club has, has had to endure crap season after season yet we still stick with it and this lot has the audacity to guilt trip us even after the doss they serve up. I think thats the main gripe and i for one can understand peoples negative reaction to such insulting gestures. Its time they we''re made responsible for their actions instead of asking the hard pressed fans

Maybe the club should register itself as a registered charity and get some extra money that way

Spike i couldnt have said it better myself. the board will just get players in from free transfers, and personally the money raised from the rebate we should have a say who comes in as its our money instead of the board chucking a contract at a no hoper or someone who is past it.

1) ''Free'' transfers still cost money. The player budget includes: transfer fees; signing-on fees (can be stupidly high especially wen there''s been no transfer fee); agent fees; wages etc. And if I remember correctly there''s VAT to find on the fees too.2) How would ''us'' getting a say in who we buy work then? Gunny comes on here and starts a thread saying "I''m thinking of going in for a couple of players. What do you guys (and girls!) think of X or Y for £***,***?" Can''t see it myself!

[quote user="LQ"]1) ''Free'' transfers still cost money. The player budget includes: transfer fees; signing-on fees (can be stupidly high especially wen there''s been no transfer fee); agent fees; wages etc. And if I remember correctly there''s VAT to find on the fees too.

2) How would ''us'' getting a say in who we buy work then? Gunny comes on here and starts a thread saying "I''m thinking of going in for a couple of players. What do you guys (and girls!) think of X or Y for £***,***?" Can''t see it myself!

[/quote]

Yeah, at least we the fans get to make an important decision like ''Do we have Green or Yellow shorts?''   Mind you, it was a few years ago....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="LQ"]1) ''Free'' transfers still cost money. The player budget includes: transfer fees; signing-on fees (can be stupidly high especially wen there''s been no transfer fee); agent fees; wages etc. And if I remember correctly there''s VAT to find on the fees too.2) How would ''us'' getting a say in who we buy work then? Gunny comes on here and starts a thread saying "I''m thinking of going in for a couple of players. What do you guys (and girls!) think of X or Y for £***,***?" Can''t see it myself![/quote]

Yeah, at least we the fans get to make an important decision like ''Do we have Green or Yellow shorts?''   Mind you, it was a few years ago....

[/quote]How did the Ebbsfleet experiment work out ?  Are the fans still picking the team there ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="LQ"]1) ''Free'' transfers still cost money. The player budget includes: transfer fees; signing-on fees (can be stupidly high especially wen there''s been no transfer fee); agent fees; wages etc. And if I remember correctly there''s VAT to find on the fees too.

2) How would ''us'' getting a say in who we buy work then? Gunny comes on here and starts a thread saying "I''m thinking of going in for a couple of players. What do you guys (and girls!) think of X or Y for £***,***?" Can''t see it myself!

[/quote]

[/quote]

How did the Ebbsfleet experiment work out ?  Are the fans still picking the team there ?
[/quote]

Is your current job as official ''NCFC Boardroom Crumb Consumer'' now under threat?  Now that Downsize is in the mix, I wonder if he''s going to bring his own ''Noo Noo'' in - to consume tasty tit-bits and hoover up the mess?http://t4toby.wordpress.com/2008/02/29/killer-terrorist-vacuum-cleaners/

I remain astounded that there are so many posters that are either too illiterate or too numerically challenged to understand as has repeatedly been pointed out in the media and by professional studies that football is financially dependent on benefactors. It is also staggering that so many people think that other people should be obliged to give their money to the club to subsidise their weekend entertainment. Anyone reading this board would think that Norfolk is inundated with a bunch of low IQ scroungers.

[quote user="T"]I remain astounded that there are so many posters that are either too illiterate or too numerically challenged to understand as has repeatedly been pointed out in the media and by professional studies that football is financially dependent on benefactors. It is also staggering that so many people think that other people should be obliged to give their money to the club to subsidise their weekend entertainment. Anyone reading this board would think that Norfolk is inundated with a bunch of low IQ scroungers.[/quote]

So many posters?

I thought those who reclaimed the rebate were just a small minority? 

You carry on remaining astounded....Because this thicko is a £100+ quid in credit - thanks to the offer of a rebate from NCFC when I renewed my season ticket before the first deadline.

The club shouldn''t have offered the rebate. It''s their incompetence and lack of foresight that they haven''t budgeted for relegation.

Yeah, damn those bunch of  low IQ Norfolk scroungers....It''ll be there fault if we struggle or fail....

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Cluck is God"]It''s a tax dodge......[/quote]

funny.

[/quote]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/fastshow/characters/rowley_birkin.shtml"Yes...vewwy funny."

T - What on earth are you talking about? I do not think that Mr Foulger is obligated to hand over any money. The facts speak for themselves, under the stewardship of the current board, of which Mr Foulger is a member, we have seen a steady year on year decline culminating in relegation to the third teir of English football. The facts regarding the price of a season ticket are also indisputable, price "X" if we stay in the Championship", price "Y" if we get relegated to League One and price "Z" if we get promoted to the Premiership. The fact is we got relegated to League One, therefore price "Y" applies. We are constantly being told the board are fans of the club, just like us, we are constantly told that the club is always looking for investment. Here we have a director (and fan?) of the club with apparently up to £1M available to donate to the club, so I ask again,why not donate that £1M and say all waived rebates will be added to that amount?

I find it very unfortunate that the club has effectivley looked to back out of the contract to offer a season ticket at price "Y", I find it equally unfortunate that you (T) think that by asking the question I have, I am looking for somebody to "subsidise" my weekend entertainment, when clearly I have paid price "Y" as set by the club.

Enough of the facts, now for the opinion bit, I believe to use the term "shortfall" is misleading at best. What is this so called "shortfall"?, one conclusion is that the club never really thought they would have to pay out a rebate, as they were complacent about the possibility of relegation (shock, horror), if this is true is it a "shortfall"? because as pointed out above the season tickets were offered at price "Y" and the fans paid price "Y".

So if all of the above makes me numerically challenged then so be it, much better to be numerically challenged than a gullible twit...

Emotional blackmail from Foulger - a terrible PR exercise!

The facts are -

It was the club who thought up the rebate scheme and they wern''t forced to do it!

If Foulger has got money he wishes to put into the club then why doesn''t he just do it or better if he''d of put the money into the club last season by putting up funds to buy Leroy Lita then the odds are we''d of stayed up and the rebates wouldn''t of kicked in anyway!

It has been the boards bad decision making ever since getting into the Premiership up to present that has got us into the mess we''re in now which is 3rd tier football for the 1st time in 49 years not the fans!

Nearly most other clubs in our position last season would of not been getting 24/25,000 crowds and the blue S*um 43 miles down A140 came in the top 10 yet had crowds 3000 smaller than ours! 

And no I don''t think that people have to put money into the club and I''m grateful for the funds that Foulger, Delia and CO have put in but I don''t apreciate the clubs tugging on my emotional attachment to the club in order to try and stop me claiming money from a scheme that the club themselves initiated!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Emotional blackmail from Foulger - a terrible PR exercise!

The facts are -

It was the club who thought up the rebate scheme and they wern''t forced to do it!

If Foulger has got money he wishes to put into the club then why doesn''t he just do it or better if he''d of put the money into the club last season by putting up funds to buy Leroy Lita then the odds are we''d of stayed up and the rebates wouldn''t of kicked in anyway!

It has been the boards bad decision making ever since getting into the Premiership up to present that has got us into the mess we''re in now which is 3rd tier football for the 1st time in 49 years not the fans!

Nearly most other clubs in our position last season would of not been getting 24/25,000 crowds and the blue S*um 43 miles down A140 came in the top 10 yet had crowds 3000 smaller than ours! 

And no I don''t think that people have to put money into the club and I''m grateful for the funds that Foulger, Delia and CO have put in but I don''t apreciate the clubs tugging on my emotional attachment to the club in order to try and stop me claiming money from a scheme that the club themselves initiated!

[/quote]

Spot on grantroederdisaster

[quote user="T"]I remain astounded that there are so many posters that are either too illiterate or too numerically challenged to understand as has repeatedly been pointed out in the media and by professional studies that football is financially dependent on benefactors. It is also staggering that so many people think that other people should be obliged to give their money to the club to subsidise their weekend entertainment. Anyone reading this board would think that Norfolk is inundated with a bunch of low IQ scroungers.[/quote]

Oh Dear...........

[quote user="T"] It is also staggering that so many people think that other people should be obliged to give their money to the club to subsidise their weekend entertainment. [/quote]NCFC is a business in which Mr Foulger is a director and shareholder, it is not uncommon for those who own businesses to use their own money to support the business, only last week our window cleaner spent £2 on a new bucket to replace his old one which leaked. Are you suggesting that I as a customer should have paid him his fee and then given him a donation of £2 for his new bucket, I do after all benefit from having clean windows?

To be clear I have absolutely no problem with people claiming their rebate. That was the basis on which the ST were offered and it is a personal choice how people spend their money. What is complete nonsense is to compare football with a commercial business. The recent guardian report showed that 15 out of 20 premiership clubs relied on cash from the directors. The directors make no money out of the club. They are benefactors not investors. What is total hypocrisy is to claim the rebate but expect sometime else to donate their money without any strings attached to subsidise their weekend entertainment. Individuals still have a personal decision whether to claim the rebate or not and if they have an emotional reaction to the request to provide additional support to the club then that is their problem.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="T"] It is also staggering that so many people think that other people should be obliged to give their money to the club to subsidise their weekend entertainment. [/quote]

NCFC is a business in which Mr Foulger is a director and shareholder, it is not uncommon for those who own businesses to use their own money to support the business, only last week our window cleaner spent £2 on a new bucket to replace his old one which leaked. Are you suggesting that I as a customer should have paid him his fee and then given him a donation of £2 for his new bucket, I do after all benefit from having clean windows?
[/quote]

[8]"There''s a Black Hole in the club bucket, dear Delia dear Delia....There''s a Black Hole in the club bucket, dear Delia - a Black Hole!"[8]

[8] "Then mend it Micky Foulger, Micky Foulger, Micky Foulger....Then mend it Micky Foulger, Micky Foulger - Mend it!"[8]

[8] "With what shall I mend it? Dear Delia, dear Delia? With what shall I mend it? Dear Delia - with what?"[8]

[8] "With your readies and the rebates, Micky Foulger, Micky Foulger - with your readies and the rebates Micky Foulger - use both!"[8]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

grd, you don''t do the rest of your argument much good by including wild fantasy like this. You might as well blame Foulger for not shelling out for Ronaldo. Lita would never have signed for us in a million years! Any criticism re Lita should be aimed at Roeder for the terms of his loan which meant he couldn''t come back oncce his first loan expired.

[quote user="T"]To be clear I have absolutely no problem with people claiming their rebate. That was the basis on which the ST were offered and it is a personal choice how people spend their money. What is complete nonsense is to compare football with a commercial business. The recent guardian report showed that 15 out of 20 premiership clubs relied on cash from the directors. The directors make no money out of the club. They are benefactors not investors. What is total hypocrisy is to claim the rebate but expect sometime else to donate their money without any strings attached to subsidise their weekend entertainment. Individuals still have a personal decision whether to claim the rebate or not and if they have an emotional reaction to the request to provide additional support to the club then that is their problem.[/quote]

Absolute twalddle!

The directors of the football clubs have been the ones who have forced the issue in the first place.

If clubs were run on proper business lines then very few would need to subsidise anything.

It is the directors who have sanctioned over the top expenditure on players wages, stadia, restaurants etc etc.

This is rife througout the upper leagues.

It was directors who greedily gobbled up and sold out to Sky, Sentanta, ITV,BBC, it is those same directors who scrabble for every tilt at those millions.

Had they have succeded do you not think they would have taken a profit as many have done before.

If they fail in that bid then they should bear the brunt. The fans pay, in general, what is asked in the way of admission, overly priced food and drink etc.

In Norwich''s case the fans have remained loyal to an ever declining commodity (yes commodity) that has been served up by a totally inadequate board of directors via the managers/players under their control.

If at this stage their decisions mean that the club needs more cash then they, the self selected custodians, are the ones that should do the finding.

By all means appeal to the fans, via shares, donations whatever BUT to try and subtely force those same loyal fans via thinly veiled blackmail stinks of a high level of immorality.

Butler, are you suggesting the directors should be ensuring the club is spending less money?Makes a change form the usual argument on here I suppose. [:|]