Sign in to follow this  
canarynotsonew77

Cheeky b*****ds!!!!!

Just read where Foulger has made another plea for fans to forget the rebate. Cheeky sod. Stop begging Foulger, it''s pathetic. I claimed my rebate ages ago, there was never any way that Gunn was getting his hands on my money.

By the way, I don''t care that this is another rebate thread, it''s a public forum, and people have the right to post what they want.

[quote user="canaryspike7"]

Just read where Foulger has made another plea for fans to forget the rebate. Cheeky sod. Stop begging Foulger, it''s pathetic. I claimed my rebate ages ago, there was never any way that Gunn was getting his hands on my money.

By the way, I don''t care that this is another rebate thread, it''s a public forum, and people have the right to post what they want.

[/quote]

McNally actually...

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="canaryspike7"]

[/quote]

McNally actually...

[/quote]

If you look on the Evening News website Michael Foulger is making another plea as well as the press release from our new Chief Exec.

I actually think all that''s been achieved, by both, is to remind the absent minded they better get their rebate request in.  Better they had kept quiet & let the date slip by

[/quote]

Why the surprise? They''ve been blaggin'' your money for years... only now you''re beginning to notice.

Would you trust this board to invest our rebates in new players? I don''t.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Ankles50"]

I actually think all that''s been achieved, by both, is to remind the absent minded they better get their rebate request in.  Better they had kept quiet & let the date slip by

[/quote]

Yes - agree with that analysis. We received two rebate letters for myself and my daughter which I intended to send off, but they soon ended up under a bundle of other stuff, and I only ended up sending the letter last week having a clear-out of my in-tray and finding them when looking for something else.

I can’t see how that this plea will make supporters “un-claim” their rebate (for want of a better word), and my view is that it may well prompt more to remember that the deadline is almost upon us.

[quote user="Ankles50"]

[/quote]

Yep, a bit of a faux pas there.

[quote user="BBFF"]

Would you trust this board to invest our rebates in new players? I don''t.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST
[/quote]I wouldn''t either but we will never know whether or not those returned rebates have been invested in the the team.

Somebody at Carrow Road obviously thinks there is a feelgood factor surrounding our new Chief Executive because why get him to make his plea when he does not turn up for work until next monday?Not satisfied with that Mr F is wheeled out again.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Somebody at Carrow Road obviously thinks there is a feelgood factor surrounding our new Chief Executive because why get him to make his plea when he does not turn up for work until next monday?Not satisfied with that Mr F is wheeled out again.[/quote]

That is what struck me.

Of all the things he could have chosen to say, subjects to address before actually starting his new job. Someone, somewhere has made that decision and missed the general mood of the fans again.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Somebody at Carrow Road obviously thinks there is a feelgood factor surrounding our new Chief Executive because why get him to make his plea when he does not turn up for work until next monday?Not satisfied with that Mr F is wheeled out again.[/quote]

That is what struck me.

Of all the things he could have chosen to say, subjects to address before actually starting his new job. Someone, somewhere has made that decision and missed the general mood of the fans again.

[/quote]Am afraid they are very good at that. Have claimed rebate and was letting whole thing fade into background but they now bring it to forefront again. Not best first comment CE could have made.

[/quote]

So you claimed your rebate ages ago.  Well done!  How smug and superior you must feel.  I assume that you won''t be moaning about the lack of budget for playing staff next season.  It''s very easy to criticise others but when push came to shove you weren''t willing to put your hand in your pocket.  From this point forward you should just shut up and put up.

After much souls searching, I have finally decided to leave my rebate alone. And the outcome will be very interesting - almost a referendum on the Clubs position with the supporters. It will be revealing, I feel, to see if this message board truly reflects the feelings and actions of the majority of City fans.

I claimed my rebate yesterday but only because i was made redundant  last Thursday and could do with all the spare cash i can get til i sort out a new job.

[quote user="Balham Yellow"][quote user="canaryspike7"]

[/quote]

So you claimed your rebate ages ago.  Well done!  How smug and superior you must feel.  I assume that you won''t be moaning about the lack of budget for playing staff next season.  It''s very easy to criticise others but when push came to shove you weren''t willing to put your hand in your pocket.  From this point forward you should just shut up and put up.

[/quote]Surely the fact that he bought a season ticket shows that he is prepared to put his hand in his pocket.  Everybodys financial situation is different and no-one should be singled out because they did or didn''t claim theirs back.I had the option to claim back £92 and I did.   Until this club finallys start to get back in touch with its supporters and not treat us with such contempt then I would make the same choice next season.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

That is what struck me.

[/quote]

I thought it was roughly 50/50 amongst ST holders to claim or not to claim?

[/quote]He''s not a cheeky sod and it''s not pathetic it''s good business and it''s people trying to get money on the pitch. I''ve made my position clear on other threads I left over a thousand pounds of rebate in the club, not because I support the board, not because I support Bryan Gunn but because I support Norwich City and even if half of that money is wasted we will still have more chance of getting out of this league with it than without it. It''s the easiest thing in the world to find fault with others but unless you have a sensible alternative, which no one on this forum does, you have to support what you have.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Balham Yellow"][quote user="canaryspike7"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Surely the fact that he bought a season ticket shows that he is prepared to put his hand in his pocket.  Everybodys financial situation is different and no-one should be singled out because they did or didn''t claim theirs back.

I had the option to claim back £92 and I did.   Until this club finallys start to get back in touch with its supporters and not treat us with such contempt then I would make the same choice next season.

[/quote]

That just about sums up my feelings as well.  Not going to criticise people if they decided to leave their rebate with the Club, that''s their choice, but wish both sides of the fence would get off their high horses.  That particularly applies to those thinking that they are better supporters just because they''ve done one thing or the other.

Absolutely right. Fed up with hearing all the individuals telling us they have claimed their rebate. We all make our choice and should respect other points of view on this. At the end of the day the really good thing is that Foulger is giving the club money equal to the unclaimed rebates.

I have no problem with what McNally has said - he''s right, the club could do with the money and if fans are generous enough to not claim it then the club would be very grateful. Makes sense really, he''s not trying to stop people claiming it using underhand tricks, just saying the club could do with every last penny.Foulger on the other hand is a grade A C**T  - If he has money to put into the club, and wants to help out the club, he should put it in regardless rather than blackmail people to whom £50 is a lot of money to foresake their rebate.  Regardless of what happens I expect Foulger to substancially invest in the club or step down from his position. You can''t say you want to invest in the club, then not do it on the basis that the fans didn''t match your contribution.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]All this just says to me that when the new directors are finally announced they will not be bringing much money with them.
[/quote]

Worryingly insightful......

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="canaryspike7"]

[/quote]

He''s not a cheeky sod and it''s not pathetic it''s good business and it''s people trying to get money on the pitch. I''ve made my position clear on other threads I left over a thousand pounds of rebate in the club, not because I support the board, not because I support Bryan Gunn but because I support Norwich City and even if half of that money is wasted we will still have more chance of getting out of this league with it than without it. It''s the easiest thing in the world to find fault with others but unless you have a sensible alternative, which no one on this forum does, you have to support what you have.
[/quote]

Really?, one thousand....rebates for season ticket seem to be floating at 70-90quid each, so you have a dozen full priced, not child/pensioner ST do you?

[quote user="Ankles50"][quote user="foggo7"][quote user="canaryspike7"]

[/quote]

He''s not a cheeky sod and it''s not pathetic it''s good business and it''s people trying to get money on the pitch. I''ve made my position clear on other threads I left over a thousand pounds of rebate in the club, not because I support the board, not because I support Bryan Gunn but because I support Norwich City and even if half of that money is wasted we will still have more chance of getting out of this league with it than without it. It''s the easiest thing in the world to find fault with others but unless you have a sensible alternative, which no one on this forum does, you have to support what you have.
[/quote]

Really?, one thousand....rebates for season ticket seem to be floating at 70-90quid each, so you have a dozen full priced, not child/pensioner ST do you?

[/quote]

Perhaps he has a box?

Balham Yellow - You need to look at the bigger picture mate. If we do not get out of League One it will not be because fans took their rebate. Ask yourself this, why is Foulger only "match funding"?, we are constantly being told that the Directors are fans just like us, we are constantly being told that the club is on the look out for new investment, well here we have a Director who has £1M to invest (if you believe the figures bandied around in the press), so why not invest it in players, no strings attached?

I will go further and say I do not believe the figures being bandied around, they are only accurate if you can demonstrate that all 18,200 ST renewals would have renewed if the rebate was not on offer.

So being less gullible than yourself i can see this stunt for what it is.

[quote user="Balham Yellow"]

[/quote]Another moron trying to take the moral high ground. I''m tired of it.Let me help you out here:The club have acted like a lottery player who promises to lavish money on his friends should he win, then rescinds that offer when he does. "Oh - that - well, we didnt really think it would come true, did we?" In other words, the "offer" was infact nothing more than a cynical marketing ploy to sustain our investment across another dreadful season. If you are incapable of seeing that, then you are even more of a fool than I gave you credit for.

[quote user="Ankles50"][quote user="foggo7"][quote user="canaryspike7"]

[/quote]He''s not a cheeky sod and it''s not pathetic it''s good business and it''s people trying to get money on the pitch. I''ve made my position clear on other threads I left over a thousand pounds of rebate in the club, not because I support the board, not because I support Bryan Gunn but because I support Norwich City and even if half of that money is wasted we will still have more chance of getting out of this league with it than without it. It''s the easiest thing in the world to find fault with others but unless you have a sensible alternative, which no one on this forum does, you have to support what you have.[/quote]

[/quote]3 tickets in the barclay for myself and my two kids 4 tickets top of the terrace carvery I use for business. It wasn''t really about that I was just trying to make the point that even though I don''t support the board or the manager I really really support the club and that comes first

Wigan fans are paying £250 for PL football and our board want me to pay for their mistakes buy giving up my 20% of the £700 i pay for two tickets to watch third tier football.They can kiss my Norwich City bean bag.If Foulgar wants to match the so called missing million those who are mad enough to give their rebate up can do so,Smith & Jones should make up whats missing (£999,99).