Sign in to follow this  
Efan Ekoku

Paul Mcveigh

Heard this a couple weeks back, he was contacted when staying at Huckerby''s place in the US having trials at 4 teams over there. Invited to drop into Colney on his return for a bit of training and a chat

If he comes with no transfer fee attached and his wages are low enough, then WLY is worth a shot (on a short-term contract only). It''s the old Luton connection again.

[quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]If he comes with no transfer fee attached and his wages are low enough, then WLY is worth a shot (on a short-term contract only). It''s the old Luton connection again.[/quote]I''d rather we looked at someone like Ali Dia. His wages will be low, no transfer fee. Has Prem experience.Or we could swoop for Iwan Roberts or Daryl Sutch. They probably could do a job at this level.

I woulda thought we had learnt our lesson re:signing our own rejects in Cureton and Rusty ?Now if we let them go there has got to have been a damn good reason, with the exception being Roeder had the judgement of a goldfish re: hucks

I would have him back as a squad player, 3 goals in 12 games from midfield for Luton last year, suggests that he still has what it takes to change a game.

Unfortunately he signed for Luton for a manager that played him, and last season was at Luton under a different manager who didnt - apparently because of a huge appearance bonus that he had, meaning that they couldnt really afford to play him.

To be honest, I saw him not too long ago, and he didnt look in particularly bad shape.....

[quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"]I think he barely managed to get a game for Luton last season, so god help us if he is coming back![/quote]

Like I said, he was paid on appearances which the club couldnt afford to meet, and scored 3 goals in 12 games from midfield. They simply couldnt afford to honour his appearance bonuses unless they really needed him on the pitch, apparently this was around 2.5k per game so if he had played 50 games, Luton would have had to pay him 125k!  He played 12, which cost them 30k......... along with his basic wage! There are very few players in League Two that earn more than 2k a week.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"]I think he barely managed to get a game for Luton last season, so god help us if he is coming back![/quote]

Like I said, he was paid on appearances which the club couldnt afford to meet, and scored 3 goals in 12 games from midfield. They simply couldnt afford to honour his appearance bonuses unless they really needed him on the pitch, apparently this was around 2.5k per game so if he had played 50 games, Luton would have had to pay him 125k!  He played 12, which cost them 30k......... along with his basic wage! There are very few players in League Two that earn more than 2k a week.

[/quote]

Doesn''t say much for his commitment to Luton''s cause.

[quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote] Doesn''t say much for his commitment to Luton''s cause.[/quote]

Remember that he cant breach a contract with his agent though.

Dear God....who next??  Doug Livermore, John Ryan, Viv Busby, Dunc, David Cross, Peter Sylvester??  I know any of the ''59 team who are still with us??  Lets see how far backwards we really can go.  Can''t we look at anyone under 25??[:S]

With ''we love you Paul McVeigh'' replacing Hoolahan and with Kenny Foggo on the other wing to replace Crofty we will be going places! To the Conference and very fast!

[quote user="Efan Ekoku"]I will post this again when it happens!![/quote]

hope you enjoyed your 2 brief posts on the pinkun.. pity you won tget the chance to post it again

jas :)

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Oh blimey [:|][/quote]

Lol...............help![:(]

[/quote]

lol thought of putting that myself

We do not need yet another small striker. It was a pity that Paul McVeigh took so long to break into our first team when he was at his best. That is now a long time ago.