Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

It defies belief...

...that there are people here saying they''re happy with how the squad is shaping up!  [:O]Where''s the pace in Uncle Fester''s squad? The strong runners and wingers that run like a f*cking dart with the ball at their feet and actually deliver decent crosses. Who is the the potential captain/leader and sage figurehead? Please don''t tell me it''s Mr Liability, Doherty, or the prefered current option Stefanović, who''ll unfortunately be out the best part of the season through injury.  And what''s the score on the Target-man front?

It also defies belief that a club with our reported lowly resources have forked out a quarter of a million for a player who''s suffered a career threatening injury on the back of his being capped for Wales a couple of times - one, if Welsh, could play six decent games for f*cking Hitchin and get in the Welsh squad ffs!! I personally rate the more versatile Asa Hall of Luton than Tudur Jones - we need utility players/midfielders that can run all day and Hall at a similar fee to Jones would''ve been a much better acquisition. Tudur Jones (the Clingan replacement) is going to be sidelined more often than not, and when he does show he''s going to be languid in a team that is so far lacking any kind of leadership and pace whatsoever - and on the subject of pace, surely Uncle Fester should be looking at players such as Albert Adomah of Barnet who has pace in abundance and can play equally well on either wing and is good with either foot?Are we to go through yet another season with these vital positions vacant?By all means bolster the numbers of the depleted squad with signings/freebies such as Gill, but the core of the team must be addressed in the first instance and squandering monies on high risk players the ilk of Tudur Jones is not the way to go.It''s all shaping up to being yet another season of the proverbial ''one step forward, two steps back'', because that is exactly the way Norwich City teams have been playing for the last five years.

have to say i agree on the asa hall front. although having said that IF OTJ stays fit he could turn out to be a very decent signing. The Barnet option is certainly a good one too... however i think you need to remember that it is still Mid June and not all the signings will be in at all. There is still a long way to go on that front... It''s a promising start and too early to start getting uppity and worried.

I''ve heard good things about Asa Hall but OTJ was 1 of the better midfielders at this level before injury and impressed at Swindon last season, if he''s over his injury which i''m sure he is if the management team spent £250k he''ll be an asset to the team

well no don''t ''go away'' unless you''re scared of answering the author of the post?

Fact is its early days in terms of transfer dealings but to answer some of your questions

1) Captain? - Who was our captain when we won promotion to the Premiership? Adam Drury, a more than capable candidate, going to be fit and raring to go next season

2) Asa Hall - Has just pledged his future to Luton, no where near the quality of Tudur-Jones, believe you''re clutching at straws here

3) there isn''t a 3 but please do continue to put your point across as your views are as valid as anyones.

Tell us more of this power you have to look into the very kneecaps and sinews of players, this ability to see into the future of their limbs...

[quote user="Shyster"]...that there are people here saying they''re happy with how the squad is shaping up!  [:O]

Where''s the pace in Uncle Fester''s squad? The strong runners and wingers that run like a f*cking dart with the ball at their feet and actually deliver decent crosses.

Who is the the potential captain/leader and sage figurehead? Please don''t tell me it''s Mr Liability, Doherty, or the prefered current option Stefanović, who''ll unfortunately be out the best part of the season through injury.  

And what''s the score on the Target-man front?

It also defies belief that a club with our reported lowly resources have forked out a quarter of a million for a player who''s suffered a career threatening injury on the back of his being capped for Wales a couple of times - one, if Welsh, could play six decent games for f*cking Hitchin and get in the Welsh squad ffs!! I personally rate the more versatile Asa Hall of Luton than Tudur Jones - we need utility players/midfielders that can run all day and Hall at a similar fee to Jones would''ve been a much better acquisition.

Tudur Jones (the Clingan replacement) is going to be sidelined more often than not, and when he does show he''s going to be languid in a team that is so far lacking any kind of leadership and pace whatsoever - and on the subject of pace, surely Uncle Fester should be looking at players such as Albert Adomah of Barnet who has pace in abundance and can play equally well on either wing and is good with either foot?

Are we to go through yet another season with these vital positions vacant?

By all means bolster the numbers of the depleted squad with signings/freebies such as Gill, but the core of the team must be addressed in the first instance and squandering monies on high risk players the ilk of Tudur Jones is not the way to go.

It''s all shaping up to being yet another season of the proverbial ''one step forward, two steps back'', because that is exactly the way Norwich City teams have been playing for the last five years.[/quote]

Very good post.

[quote user="Shyster"]...that there are people here saying they''re happy with how the squad is shaping up!  [:O]Where''s the pace in Uncle Fester''s squad? The strong runners and wingers that run like a f*cking dart with the ball at their feet and actually deliver decent crosses. Who is the the potential captain/leader and sage figurehead? Please don''t tell me it''s Mr Liability, Doherty, or the prefered current option Stefanović, who''ll unfortunately be out the best part of the season through injury.  And what''s the score on the Target-man front?

It also defies belief that a club with our reported lowly resources have forked out a quarter of a million for a player who''s suffered a career threatening injury on the back of his being capped for Wales a couple of times - one, if Welsh, could play six decent games for f*cking Hitchin and get in the Welsh squad ffs!! I personally rate the more versatile Asa Hall of Luton than Tudur Jones - we need utility players/midfielders that can run all day and Hall at a similar fee to Jones would''ve been a much better acquisition. Tudur Jones (the Clingan replacement) is going to be sidelined more often than not, and when he does show he''s going to be languid in a team that is so far lacking any kind of leadership and pace whatsoever - and on the subject of pace, surely Uncle Fester should be looking at players such as Albert Adomah of Barnet who has pace in abundance and can play equally well on either wing and is good with either foot?Are we to go through yet another season with these vital positions vacant?By all means bolster the numbers of the depleted squad with signings/freebies such as Gill, but the core of the team must be addressed in the first instance and squandering monies on high risk players the ilk of Tudur Jones is not the way to go.It''s all shaping up to being yet another season of the proverbial ''one step forward, two steps back'', because that is exactly the way Norwich City teams have been playing for the last five years.[/quote]

You''re quite right....it defies belief..........however some people are just desperate to be positive about something...............I can''t really blame them. Yes, Asa Hall would''ve been good but I genuinely believe that Tudur Jones has loads of ability and he can only improve here.I hope you''re not hoping that Stefanovic and Tudor Jones will be both be injured next season, you don''t know that they will and is therefore irrelevant in terms of building for next year. In terms of pace I think Hucks will help as everyone reckons he''s coming back ( cue a response about injury etc but again, you don''t know).I like your Uncle Fester bit though.

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

1) Captain? - Who was our captain when we won promotion to the Premiership? Adam Drury, a more than capable candidate, going to be fit and raring to go next season

[/quote]He was a disaster.

Shyster,What''s your opinion of the imminent signing of Nelson, who we''ve apparently beaten Championship team Scunthorpe Utd to sign ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Shyster,

What''s your opinion of the imminent signing of Nelson, who we''ve apparently beaten Championship team Scunthorpe Utd to sign ?
[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ho he he ho ho.....well suck my socks Blubby.....

Not the Scunthorpe United suuuuuuurely?

I bloody give up!........

"Cluck is God" posting in a "It defies Belief" thread.  You couldn''t make it up.

[quote user="7rew"]"Cluck is God" posting in a "It defies Belief" thread.  You couldn''t make it up.
[/quote]

Get back in your box and stop being so bloody blasphemous.........

[quote user="Shyster"]...that there are people here saying they''re happy with how the squad is shaping up!  [:O]

Where''s the pace in Uncle Fester''s squad? The strong runners and wingers that run like a f*cking dart with the ball at their feet and actually deliver decent crosses.

Who is the the potential captain/leader and sage figurehead? Please don''t tell me it''s Mr Liability, Doherty, or the prefered current option Stefanović, who''ll unfortunately be out the best part of the season through injury.  

And what''s the score on the Target-man front?

It also defies belief that a club with our reported lowly resources have forked out a quarter of a million for a player who''s suffered a career threatening injury on the back of his being capped for Wales a couple of times - one, if Welsh, could play six decent games for f*cking Hitchin and get in the Welsh squad ffs!! I personally rate the more versatile Asa Hall of Luton than Tudur Jones - we need utility players/midfielders that can run all day and Hall at a similar fee to Jones would''ve been a much better acquisition.

Tudur Jones (the Clingan replacement) is going to be sidelined more often than not, and when he does show he''s going to be languid in a team that is so far lacking any kind of leadership and pace whatsoever - and on the subject of pace, surely Uncle Fester should be looking at players such as Albert Adomah of Barnet who has pace in abundance and can play equally well on either wing and is good with either foot?

Are we to go through yet another season with these vital positions vacant?

By all means bolster the numbers of the depleted squad with signings/freebies such as Gill, but the core of the team must be addressed in the first instance and squandering monies on high risk players the ilk of Tudur Jones is not the way to go.

It''s all shaping up to being yet another season of the proverbial ''one step forward, two steps back'', because that is exactly the way Norwich City teams have been playing for the last five years.[/quote]

Has anyone bothered to read this ?

It defies belief that we have people prophesising doom just two and a half weeks into June. Seriously, do we have any actual Norwich fans on this forum?

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]It defies belief that we have people prophesising doom just two and a half weeks into June. Seriously, do we have any actual Norwich fans on this forum?[/quote]Nah, we''re all a bunch of binners [:)]

Where''s the pace in Uncle Fester''s squad? The strong runners and wingers that run like a f*cking dart with the ball at their feet and actually deliver decent crosses. - The fastest player in our squad is the a Bryan Gunn signing. Why cant you just wait for Lee Croft and Wes Hoolohans replacements before slapping the keyboard like a spastic.

Who is the the potential captain/leader and sage figurehead? Please don''t tell me it''s Mr Liability, Doherty, or the prefered current option Stefanović, who''ll unfortunately be out the best part of the season through injury.  How about the former Exeter City Captain Matt Gill? or the "Future Wales Captain" Owain Tudor Jones"? Or how about former League winning captain Adam Drury? Keep diggin shitester, keep digging son.

And what''s the score on the Target-man front?  - You cant sign 12 players in one day, its just not actually possible and nobody has done it before.

It also defies belief that a club with our reported lowly resources have forked out a quarter of a million for a player who''s suffered a career threatening injury on the back of his being capped for Wales a couple of times - one, if Welsh, could play six decent games for f*cking Hitchin and get in the Welsh squad ffs!! I personally rate the more versatile Asa Hall of Luton than Tudur Jones - we need utility players/midfielders that can run all day and Hall at a similar fee to Jones would''ve been a much better acquisition. - Lets forget entirely about the key role he played in two successive promotions and the successful championship manager that actually offered him a contract extenstion? In favour of a player that was not in the top three for Lutons player of the year (Spillane was), not in the top three for Luton Players player of the year (Spillane was) and not in the top three for Young Luton fans player of the year (Spillane was).

Tudur Jones (the Clingan replacement) is going to be sidelined more often than not, and when he does show he''s going to be languid in a team that is so far lacking any kind of leadership and pace whatsoever - and on the subject of pace, surely Uncle Fester should be looking at players such as Albert Adomah of Barnet who has pace in abundance and can play equally well on either wing and is good with either foot? Lets all compare a winger with a central midfielder, I tell you what why dont we compare Jamie Cureton and Adam Drury, pointless. How the flippin hell do you know that he is going to be injured? Roy Keane, Dion Dublin..... how many recoveries from career threatening injuries do you want me to list?

Are we to go through yet another season with these vital positions vacant? 1st July 2009, get that into your thick head.

By all means bolster the numbers of the depleted squad with signings/freebies such as Gill, but the core of the team must be addressed in the first instance and squandering monies on high risk players the ilk of Tudur Jones is not the way to go. sssskkkkkkiiiiiiipppppppiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg rrrreeeeeccccccoooooorrrddddddddd

It''s all shaping up to being yet another season of the proverbial ''one step forward, two steps back'', because that is exactly the way Norwich City teams have been playing for the last five years. [/quote]

I will supply the rope and tie the knot if you find the tree branch.

Actually if you read Juan''s post i don''t think Shyster does sum it up perfectly. Lots of assumptions, very little factual information. Juan''s response contains plenty of facts.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="Shyster"]...that there are people here saying they''re happy with how the squad is shaping up!  [:O]Where''s the pace in Uncle Fester''s squad? The strong runners and wingers that run like a f*cking dart with the ball at their feet and actually deliver decent crosses. - The fastest player in our squad is the a Bryan Gunn signing. Why cant you just wait for Lee Croft and Wes Hoolohans replacements before slapping the keyboard like a spastic.Who is the the potential captain/leader and sage figurehead? Please don''t tell me it''s Mr Liability, Doherty, or the prefered current option Stefanović, who''ll unfortunately be out the best part of the season through injury.  How about the former Exeter City Captain Matt Gill? or the "Future Wales Captain" Owain Tudor Jones"? Or how about former League winning captain Adam Drury? Keep diggin shitester, keep digging son.And what''s the score on the Target-man front?  - You cant sign 12 players in one day, its just not actually possible and nobody has done it before.

It also defies belief that a club with our reported lowly resources have forked out a quarter of a million for a player who''s suffered a career threatening injury on the back of his being capped for Wales a couple of times - one, if Welsh, could play six decent games for f*cking Hitchin and get in the Welsh squad ffs!! I personally rate the more versatile Asa Hall of Luton than Tudur Jones - we need utility players/midfielders that can run all day and Hall at a similar fee to Jones would''ve been a much better acquisition. - Lets forget entirely about the key role he played in two successive promotions and the successful championship manager that actually offered him a contract extenstion? In favour of a player that was not in the top three for Lutons player of the year (Spillane was), not in the top three for Luton Players player of the year (Spillane was) and not in the top three for Young Luton fans player of the year (Spillane was).

Tudur Jones (the Clingan replacement) is going to be sidelined more often than not, and when he does show he''s going to be languid in a team that is so far lacking any kind of leadership and pace whatsoever - and on the subject of pace, surely Uncle Fester should be looking at players such as Albert Adomah of Barnet who has pace in abundance and can play equally well on either wing and is good with either foot? Lets all compare a winger with a central midfielder, I tell you what why dont we compare Jamie Cureton and Adam Drury, pointless. How the flippin hell do you know that he is going to be injured? Roy Keane, Dion Dublin..... how many recoveries from career threatening injuries do you want me to list?Are we to go through yet another season with these vital positions vacant? 1st July 2009, get that into your thick head.By all means bolster the numbers of the depleted squad with signings/freebies such as Gill, but the core of the team must be addressed in the first instance and squandering monies on high risk players the ilk of Tudur Jones is not the way to go. sssskkkkkkiiiiiiipppppppiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg rrrreeeeeccccccoooooorrrddddddddd It''s all shaping up to being yet another season of the proverbial ''one step forward, two steps back'', because that is exactly the way Norwich City teams have been playing for the last five years. [/quote]

I will supply the rope and tie the knot if you find the tree branch.

[/quote]Bryan Hamilton almost did