Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

Hoolahan

As a wide man he plays like Huckerby, but obviously he''s not nearly as quick - for too many seasons now we''ve lacked two wingers on the pitch who give great width at the same time - like Huckerby, Hoolahan is always looking to come inside giving us a lopsided look to our play, and cuter teams on the day found us out and would negate the threat of Croft/the opposing flank early on.Keep Hoolahan if he''s going to be utilised in an effective role behind the forwards, but he might as well go otherwise.

If we have a ''big and strong team'' next season there''ll be no need for wingers cos everything will be hoafed through the middle

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]If we have a ''big and strong team'' next season there''ll be no need for wingers cos everything will be hoafed through the middle[/quote]

None of the teams promoted from this division last season played hoofball.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]If we have a ''big and strong team'' next season there''ll be no need for wingers cos everything will be hoafed through the middle[/quote]

None of the teams promoted from this division last season played hoofball.
[/quote]

I agree Shyster and hope that we don''t play hoofball. Just reading Butterworth''s comment''s in todays EDP I just have the feeling that''s what may just happen

Just because a player is over 6'' it doesn''t mean he can''t play football. Does mean you don''t get bullied out of the game though. We have been far too lightweight for the last 2 seasons at least

[quote user="Shyster"]As a wide man he plays like Huckerby, but obviously he''s not nearly as quick - for too many seasons now we''ve lacked two wingers on the pitch who give great width at the same time - like Huckerby, Hoolahan is always looking to come inside giving us a lopsided look to our play, and cuter teams on the day found us out and would negate the threat of Croft/the opposing flank early on.

Keep Hoolahan if he''s going to be utilised in an effective role behind the forwards, but he might as well go otherwise.[/quote]

I would be interested to know where he played for Blackpool in league one.... because he destroyed the league that year!

I''m personally in the not bothered if he goes camp...never really got what he brings to the team, yes he has some skill and can dribble a bit, but prone to losing the ball very cheaply by either poor passing or holding on to it to long and not having enough strength, little end product for me and doesn''t weigh in with enough goals for an attacking midfielder.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Hoolahan and Clingan MUST be our pairing in midfield next season[/quote]

???? Are you going to pay Clingans wages to keep him here????  If someone doesn''t you won''t be seeing him at Carra again.

Id be happy to see Wes leave, doesnt cut it, no pace, no end product cant and wont kick with his right!

Just not good enough

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Id be happy to see Wes leave, doesnt cut it, no pace, no end product cant and wont kick with his right!

Just not good enough

[/quote]

what? wes is the only creative player we have, he is more then good enough. keeping wes is essential for us to stand a chance next season

Creating what exactly??? chances for the oppostion when he trips over the ball or gets brushed off the ball.

[quote user="Shyster"]As a wide man he plays like Huckerby, but obviously he''s not nearly as quick - for too many seasons now we''ve lacked two wingers on the pitch who give great width at the same time - like Huckerby, Hoolahan is always looking to come inside giving us a lopsided look to our play, and cuter teams on the day found us out and would negate the threat of Croft/the opposing flank early on.Keep Hoolahan if he''s going to be utilised in an effective role behind the forwards, but he might as well go otherwise.[/quote]You cant play two wingers these days, in fact not since about 1979....  if you could play a huckerby you''d lose 5-2 every week

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Creating what exactly??? chances for the oppostion when he trips over the ball or gets brushed off the ball.

[/quote]

Statistically we won most of our points last season when Wes Hoolahan was in the side. I personally looked through the results and line ups from last season and like i say the vast majority of our wins came in the games Hoolahan started.

If Roeder hadn''t kept leaving him out at the start of last season and then if he hadn''t missed our run in i firmly beleive we''d have have stayed up.

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]Hopefully We Will Keep Hoolahan.[/quote]

You Must Type Really Slow, And It Is A Little Strange That You Write A Capital Letter Before Every Single Word Jen_Jen. Have You Always Done This, Or Are You Attention Seeking? Do You Do This When You Write With A Pen? I Have Never Known Anybody To Do This Before, Sorry But I Find It A Little Odd And Had To Have A Go At Doing It Myself.

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

Statistically we won most of our points last season when Wes Hoolahan was in the side. I personally looked through the results and line ups from last season and like i say the vast majority of our wins came in the games Hoolahan started.

If Roeder hadn''t kept leaving him out at the start of last season and then if he hadn''t missed our run in i firmly beleive we''d have have stayed up.

[/quote]

Forget looking at stats after a match, watch him play.

He played a fair bit of football towards the end of the season and did nothing.

Really? I saw him doing something our players failed to do last season... actually want the ball at their feet and try to do something with it.

Did you see the Palace match at home last season? Hoolahan came on at half time when we were 2-0 down and we looked a different side.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Lambo"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Forget looking at stats after a match, watch him play.

He played a fair bit of football towards the end of the season and did nothing.

[/quote]

I disagree with this, I thought that we were just starting to see the real Wes Hoolohan when Gunn came in and started playing him as an attacking midfielder, scored a goal or two (at last) and generally looked menacing before getting wiped out for the season by injury.

In fact, I couldnt disagree more, he was instrumental in Gunns early good form..... and his loss was instrumental in the sudden loss of that form. We missed Hoolohan a hell of a lot.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

You Must Type Really Slow, And It Is A Little Strange That You Write A Capital Letter Before Every Single Word Jen_Jen. Have You Always Done This, Or Are You Attention Seeking? Do You Do This When You Write With A Pen? I Have Never Known Anybody To Do This Before, Sorry But I Find It A Little Odd And Had To Have A Go At Doing It Myself.

[/quote]

I''m A Slow Typer Anyway To Be Honest, So It Doesn''t Make Much Difference. I Normally Only Do This When Typing Things........... i write like this with a pen, so don''t worry.............. And I''m Not Attention Seeking, I Promise !!!!  I Have Had Lots Of People On Here Comment About It. It Appears To Bother Quite A Lot Of People. :(  But I''m Just Used To Typing Like This, Sorry :)

[quote user="Jen_Jen"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

I''m A Slow Typer Anyway To Be Honest, So It Doesn''t Make Much Difference. I Normally Only Do This When Typing Things........... i write like this with a pen, so don''t worry.............. And I''m Not Attention Seeking, I Promise !!!!  I Have Had Lots Of People On Here Comment About It. It Appears To Bother Quite A Lot Of People. :(  But I''m Just Used To Typing Like This, Sorry :)

[/quote]

Dont apologise, I am just being a big bully and you have made me feel all guilty now!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Jen_Jen"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dont apologise, I am just being a big bully and you have made me feel all guilty now!

[/quote]

Nooooooooo. Don''t Feel Guilty. I Get It All The Time, So Don''t Worry! :)

[quote user="Shyster"]As a wide man he plays like Huckerby, but obviously he''s not nearly as quick - for too many seasons now we''ve lacked two wingers on the pitch who give great width at the same time - like Huckerby, Hoolahan is always looking to come inside giving us a lopsided look to our play, and cuter teams on the day found us out and would negate the threat of Croft/the opposing flank early on.Keep Hoolahan if he''s going to be utilised in an effective role behind the forwards, but he might as well go otherwise.[/quote]

So... Everybody in agreement with the post above now are we?

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="Shyster"]As a wide man he plays like Huckerby, but obviously he''s not nearly as quick - for too many seasons now we''ve lacked two wingers on the pitch who give great width at the same time - like Huckerby, Hoolahan is always looking to come inside giving us a lopsided look to our play, and cuter teams on the day found us out and would negate the threat of Croft/the opposing flank early on.Keep Hoolahan if he''s going to be utilised in an effective role behind the forwards, but he might as well go otherwise.[/quote]

I would be interested to know where he played for Blackpool in league one.... because he destroyed the league that year!

[/quote]

At Blackpool, Hoolahan, was fielded on the left, but played a free role because he benefited from having full-backs who were willing to get forward in support and exploit space on the flanks - we have Otsemobor (who is able to perform such tasks on the right, but rarely does) and Spillane (who doesn''t have an Asa Hall to get him out of the s*it) and who really isn''t suited to the right-back position.As for left-backs we have the ever so not so pacey, injury prone Drury and the knee ligament fu*ked Wiggins who will never exactly run the line like a dart ever again - I''m not sure he ever did.So ultimately we require pacey left sided players or as I''ve said over & over again, Hoolahan is superfluous to requirements, which is ridiculous, because he''s already proved he can rip this Division apart in the right set up.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="Shyster"]As a wide man he plays like Huckerby, but obviously he''s not nearly as quick - for too many seasons now we''ve lacked two wingers on the pitch who give great width at the same time - like Huckerby, Hoolahan is always looking to come inside giving us a lopsided look to our play, and cuter teams on the day found us out and would negate the threat of Croft/the opposing flank early on.

Keep Hoolahan if he''s going to be utilised in an effective role behind the forwards, but he might as well go otherwise.[/quote]

[/quote]

At Blackpool, Hoolahan, was fielded on the left, but played a free role because he benefited from having full-backs who were willing to get forward in support and exploit space on the flanks - we have Otsemobor (who is able to perform such tasks on the right, but rarely does) and Spillane (who doesn''t have an Asa Hall to get him out of the s*it) and who really isn''t suited to the right-back position.

As for left-backs we have the ever so not so pacey, injury prone Drury and the knee ligament fu*ked Wiggins who will never exactly run the line like a dart ever again - I''m not sure he ever did.

So ultimately we require pacey left sided players or as I''ve said over & over again, Hoolahan is superfluous to requirements, which is ridiculous, because he''s already proved he can rip this Division apart in the right set up.
[/quote]

Lambert doesn''t do flair which is fair enough.

Someone else may.