Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

confederations cup, whats that noise??

Spain = Fail. It was like watching Arsenal play. All huff and puff, no muff.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

jv, you are seriously confused about sport in America.  Football players are tested regularly for steroids, so if they use them, they get caught and tossed quickly.  The World Series is for the world championship.  The best players in the world play in the Major Leagues, not in Japan or Taiwan or Domincan Republic.  The best non-Americans come to play in the Majors, so fretting over the term "World" Series is just moaning for the sake of moaning.  We do compete in the championship tournament the Japanese have been trying to lure us into, and have been for years.  We generally send rookies and college players, though, as the pros can''t be bothered.  If you don''t think rugby and Prem players are using anything to beef up or for endurance, then you are blind.  Do you think that is Drogba''s natural physical build?  Come on! Criticizing Amercian football because players wear gear is also ridiculous and makes you look dumb and/or dishonest. The contact in football is far more cpmsostantly brutal than it is in rugby.  Our guys not good enough for football play rugby, so we do have that as a sport too, but it is played by relatively inferior athletes here.  Oh, and I don''t care for baseball at all, but you seem to be quite the cricket fan.  Which game is slower? - Dude I would be careful about making allegations about Drogba, of course I think that it is his natural build. My allegations about American Footballers are completely founded, as the problem is both huge over there and well documented. Rugby players and footballers are tested here for illegal performance enhancing substances and very rarely do they fail. I have also never ever in my life considered myself to be a cricket fan, but if I had to choose a sport out of the two, I would certainly choose cricket.  Houston, if the ''World Series'' does not permit clubs outside of two nations then why is it called the ''World Series'', why would it not be called the ''North American Series''.  Im sure the FA would not consider renaming the ''FA Cup'' as the ''World Cup'' on the basis that we have footballers from all over the world in our leagues.

Yes, Shackattack, is was the Copa America I was thinking of as a tourny in which we participate sometimes.  How you can call that a big one but not the Confederations Cup is beyond me. And why then caveat it with a "you only do well if you get a favorable draw"?  To say the Brazilians, Spaniards and Italians are mentially not there is disengeuous at best.  If that was the case, they WOULD NOT HAVE brought their best players but rather given up-and-comers a run to see what they have to offer.  That is not the case, especially with the World Cup around the corner.  How many World Cups have Spain and Portugal won?  How many times has Spain flopped out of the World Cup when they were one of the favorites?  They have all that supposed talent and yet........? - You only have to look at the teams that have pulled out of the competition to see why it is not a serious competition. 1996 European Champs winners Germany pulled out of the 1997 tournament, 1998 World Cup winners France pulled out of the 1999 tournament, Germany again pulled out in 2003. Why? Because with their players having played 40 or 50 games at that stage, and want to take the World Cup a lot more seriously. Why have the Spanish and Italians participated and taken strong squads? In order to stay onside of FIFA. If they pee off FIFA then they are basically ruling themselves out of any bid to host a World Cup.

Shirt tugging is not manly either, but it does not cause the embarrassment that rolling around screaming like you''ve got a severe case of PMS because someone brushed by you.  Diving should result in a yellow card or at least a change of possesion EVERY TIME it happens.  If the refs ruled the roost as they should, such ninny tactics would quickly disappear. At least FIFA limits how long someone can lay there fake crying before the stretcher comes on.  Seems that can of mirical spray has been discovered to be bogus because they no longer use it, whatever the hell it was.  You know, laying their like he''s been hit with shrapnel, spray comes out and suddenly he''s sprinting up and down the field like nothing.  Only is soccer, as played by the Meds and Latins. - You just sound like a typical jumped up, homophobic American bully to be honest. What normal Americans normally refer to as a ''Douchebag?''

However much Rooney dives, you know the players in Italy, France and Argentins are doing it 10 times more often. Comparing him to them is apples to oranges.  If he''s the worst in England, then England doesn''t have much of a problem because he''d still be the best by far in leagues where sissy play is a tactic.  Tell that to your 50 yr old girfriend''s dad, jv - What is it exactly that you would like me to tell him?.

[/quote][/quote]

jv, grow up.  Randy Lerner was pants on a pants US team.  Nobody, Drogba included, is built like a brick sh!thouse naturally.  But if you think it is his natural build and that the NFL allows steroid use, then it must be.  Decades ago, it was a problem, but it is not now.  Why do you think linemen look like they do now whereas 25 years ago they looked like bodybuilders?  (Hint: they started testing for steroids).  It IS the World Series because as I said and you don''t seem to understand, the BEST players in the world play in the Major Leagues.  The Prem doesn''t have a monopoly on that so your comparison falls flat, again..  It has been called the World Series for a century, so why should they change the name just because some other countries decided they wanted to be like us and play an American sport?  The Japanese have a pretty good professional league, and I don''t think anyone anywhere would care if they called their championship The Galaxy Series.  I know Miss Universe wouldn''t. So why do you?

How does ridculing the magic spray used for miracle recovery in soccer made me a bully?  If the spray was "all that", they use it for way more stuff than fake soccer injuries, wouldn''t they.  Someone who getrs called a douchebag here is not based on them being perceived as a bully.  If you want to use American vernacular, at least have the decency to learn it properly before embarrassing yourself again.  It''s not even so much the fake falls, although that bothers me too because it so often results in nothing instead of what could have been a clear shot on goal if the player had toughed it out and broken through instead of collpasing like an extra from the "I Don''t Like Mondays" video.  It is the feminine screeching and tears rolling that turns many Americans off soccer.  That is just embarrassing behavior for professional athlete men to portray. What any of that has to do with homosexuality is beyond me.  Are you gay, by chance, or at least bi-sexual (since you keep referring to  your 50 yr old girlfriend)?

The Confederation''s Cup is not a major deal, okay.  It is obviously not a chance to get a look at potential opponents for next summer''s (or winter''s in S AF) World Cup, which is why Italy, Spain and Brazil all sent their best line ups.  Really, if they didn''t care, they''d have brought in their back ups and scrubs, not their top stars.  Spain HAD a 35 game unbeaten streak and a 15 game winning streak.  You don''t think they wanted to set the wins and unbeaten records instead of being tied for them? If they are in S Af to goof around, then they are screwing themselves towards another premature exit from another World Cup, aren''t they.  How many games will they be coming off of next year during the tourney?

Read the last paragraph from my last response to your clown act.  THAT is what you should tell your 50 yr old girlfriend''s dad.  I thought that was clear.  Did anyone else not understand, or was it just jv?

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

jv, you are seriously confused about sport in America.  Football players are tested regularly for steroids, so if they use them, they get caught and tossed quickly.  The World Series is for the world championship.  The best players in the world play in the Major Leagues, not in Japan or Taiwan or Domincan Republic.  The best non-Americans come to play in the Majors, so fretting over the term "World" Series is just moaning for the sake of moaning.  We do compete in the championship tournament the Japanese have been trying to lure us into, and have been for years.  We generally send rookies and college players, though, as the pros can''t be bothered.  If you don''t think rugby and Prem players are using anything to beef up or for endurance, then you are blind.  Do you think that is Drogba''s natural physical build?  Come on! Criticizing Amercian football because players wear gear is also ridiculous and makes you look dumb and/or dishonest. The contact in football is far more cpmsostantly brutal than it is in rugby.  Our guys not good enough for football play rugby, so we do have that as a sport too, but it is played by relatively inferior athletes here.  Oh, and I don''t care for baseball at all, but you seem to be quite the cricket fan.  Which game is slower? - Dude I would be careful about making allegations about Drogba, of course I think that it is his natural build. My allegations about American Footballers are completely founded, as the problem is both huge over there and well documented. Rugby players and footballers are tested here for illegal performance enhancing substances and very rarely do they fail. I have also never ever in my life considered myself to be a cricket fan, but if I had to choose a sport out of the two, I would certainly choose cricket.  Houston, if the ''World Series'' does not permit clubs outside of two nations then why is it called the ''World Series'', why would it not be called the ''North American Series''.  Im sure the FA would not consider renaming the ''FA Cup'' as the ''World Cup'' on the basis that we have footballers from all over the world in our leagues.

Yes, Shackattack, is was the Copa America I was thinking of as a tourny in which we participate sometimes.  How you can call that a big one but not the Confederations Cup is beyond me. And why then caveat it with a "you only do well if you get a favorable draw"?  To say the Brazilians, Spaniards and Italians are mentially not there is disengeuous at best.  If that was the case, they WOULD NOT HAVE brought their best players but rather given up-and-comers a run to see what they have to offer.  That is not the case, especially with the World Cup around the corner.  How many World Cups have Spain and Portugal won?  How many times has Spain flopped out of the World Cup when they were one of the favorites?  They have all that supposed talent and yet........? - You only have to look at the teams that have pulled out of the competition to see why it is not a serious competition. 1996 European Champs winners Germany pulled out of the 1997 tournament, 1998 World Cup winners France pulled out of the 1999 tournament, Germany again pulled out in 2003. Why? Because with their players having played 40 or 50 games at that stage, and want to take the World Cup a lot more seriously. Why have the Spanish and Italians participated and taken strong squads? In order to stay onside of FIFA. If they pee off FIFA then they are basically ruling themselves out of any bid to host a World Cup.

Shirt tugging is not manly either, but it does not cause the embarrassment that rolling around screaming like you''ve got a severe case of PMS because someone brushed by you.  Diving should result in a yellow card or at least a change of possesion EVERY TIME it happens.  If the refs ruled the roost as they should, such ninny tactics would quickly disappear. At least FIFA limits how long someone can lay there fake crying before the stretcher comes on.  Seems that can of mirical spray has been discovered to be bogus because they no longer use it, whatever the hell it was.  You know, laying their like he''s been hit with shrapnel, spray comes out and suddenly he''s sprinting up and down the field like nothing.  Only is soccer, as played by the Meds and Latins. - You just sound like a typical jumped up, homophobic American bully to be honest. What normal Americans normally refer to as a ''Douchebag?''

However much Rooney dives, you know the players in Italy, France and Argentins are doing it 10 times more often. Comparing him to them is apples to oranges.  If he''s the worst in England, then England doesn''t have much of a problem because he''d still be the best by far in leagues where sissy play is a tactic.  Tell that to your 50 yr old girfriend''s dad, jv - What is it exactly that you would like me to tell him?.

[/quote][/quote]

jv, grow up.  Randy Lerner was pants on a pants US team.  Nobody, Drogba included, is built like a brick sh!thouse naturally. - Yes they are HC, go to Africa and you would feel very small, I have an African friend who is completely clean living and much bigger than Drogba. But if you think it is his natural build and that the NFL allows steroid use, then it must be.  Decades ago, it was a problem, but it is not now.  Why do you think linemen look like they do now whereas 25 years ago they looked like bodybuilders?  (Hint: they started testing for steroids).  It IS the World Series because as I said and you don''t seem to understand, the BEST players in the world play in the Major Leagues.  The Prem doesn''t have a monopoly on that so your comparison falls flat, again..  It has been called the World Series for a century, so why should they change the name just because some other countries decided they wanted to be like us and play an American sport?  The Japanese have a pretty good professional league, and I don''t think anyone anywhere would care if they called their championship The Galaxy Series.  I know Miss Universe wouldn''t. So why do you? - At lease Miss Universe is an international competition, and with no evidence of human life outside of this planet, this is a much more suitable name then the World Baseball Series. Although still a stupid example as an American invented that too. Just another sad piece of American culture, 5 year old girls dressed like sluts and judged out of 10 by dribbling freaks.

How does ridculing the magic spray used for miracle recovery in soccer made me a bully?  If the spray was "all that", they use it for way more stuff than fake soccer injuries, wouldn''t they. - I have never used the term Magic Spray, that is some stupid term that you invented,  in fact I think you will find that it is generally a aerosol form of painkiller. And as you are aware, painkillers are indeed used for a variety of situations. Someone who getrs called a douchebag here is not based on them being perceived as a bully.  If you want to use American vernacular, at least have the decency to learn it properly before embarrassing yourself again.  It''s not even so much the fake falls, although that bothers me too because it so often results in nothing instead of what could have been a clear shot on goal if the player had toughed it out and broken through instead of collpasing like an extra from the "I Don''t Like Mondays" video.  It is the feminine screeching and tears rolling that turns many Americans off soccer.  That is just embarrassing behavior for professional athlete men to portray. What any of that has to do with homosexuality is beyond me.  Are you gay, by chance, or at least bi-sexual (since you keep referring to  your 50 yr old girlfriend)? - No I am not gay, and I do not have a 50 year old girlfriend, quite how having a 50 year old gf would constitute being gay I do not know. My girflfriend is in fact 23. Although if I was gay I would not have a problem in admitting that, and there are two homosexul men that I know of who post on here. What issue would you have if I was gay?

The Confederation''s Cup is not a major deal, okay.  It is obviously not a chance to get a look at potential opponents for next summer''s (or winter''s in S AF) World Cup, which is why Italy, Spain and Brazil all sent their best line ups.  Really, if they didn''t care, they''d have brought in their back ups and scrubs, not their top stars.  Spain HAD a 35 game unbeaten streak and a 15 game winning streak.  You don''t think they wanted to set the wins and unbeaten records instead of being tied for them? If they are in S Af to goof around, then they are screwing themselves towards another premature exit from another World Cup, aren''t they.  How many games will they be coming off of next year during the tourney? - I hadnt even heard of the Confederations cup before this year, and the fact that this is the first year that a European team has pulled out says it all. You have to understand that those Spanish and Italian players would have played 50-60 games in the last year, the American based players play what, 30? There is a big difference in physical condition. Huckerby mentioned that the LESS physical demands of the MLS were what attracted him there in the first place.

Read the last paragraph from my last response to your clown act.  THAT is what you should tell your 50 yr old girlfriend''s dad.  I thought that was clear.  Did anyone else not understand, or was it just jv? - You are so prententious HC, you make a lot of references to what other people think about your inane drivel. Is that why you are arguing? To get attention from other people? I am replying to you, not for the benefit of other lurkers on here.

[/quote]

You really enjoy being abused, don''t you jv.  First, you keep coming back for more, and 2nd, your replies are obviously based on bigotry, and what you imagine or what your 50 yr old girlfriend''s dad read for you without clarification (nhot that any is needed for the literate-half-wit or smarter crowd).  Lucky for you, I am happy to oblige.

Africans in some places may be big, but nobody is big AND cut like a bodybuilder naturally.  Why don''t you read complete thoughts and answer those instead of half of the idea and taking everything out of context?  That way, you won''t make such an a-hole ofd yourself time and again.  I''m trying to help you.

Once again, dim bulb, and you can even ask your old girlfriend''s American dad about this, the World Series has been called the World Series for decades before anyone else even though of trying to be cool like Americans and adopting a purly American game.  Why should the Major Leagues change the name of their championship series if there are not several inferior leagues in other countries?  The UK is neiter United, nor a Kingdom. Change the name!  I don''t think King Elizabeth II would mind.

Miss Universe is not about 5 years olds.  Where you got that from, I have no idea.  You know who wins it the most, though?  Vile Americans who abuse their baby girls into dressing like whores.  Whoops, nope.  It is the Columbians and Venezualans. Are there no beauty pageants for children in England?  Personally, I find the whole concept repugnant, but I was using it as another fine example of your whining about World Series being pure bigotry.  Mr. Universe, the steroid abusing friend of Didier Drogba, also agrees.  If you hate America because we have a World Series, then you are really searching for reasons to hate us, and that means you pretty much hate everywhere, because there a whole lot worse things being done around the globe than people calling their championship World Series.  Greenland is not in the World Cup, so how can it be the World Cup?  The Pacific Ocean is not in it either.  Hey look everybody!  I can be just as childish and stupid as jv!

Where did I ever give any hint that YOU had referred to the magic spray as magic spray?  How stupid are you, jv?  I proudly and sarcastically call it magic spray, and I forbid anyone as uptight and lonely as you from using my term.  I don''t want dunces like you associated with my phrase. Not only am I not accusing you of using the term, I am actually banning you from using it.  Why has it disappeared from the game, if it was a legitimate source of stopping men from weeping like children stuck in a stining  nettle bush? 

Whether you are gay or not is a valid question.  I am trying to understand you as something other than a populist moron bigot, and inate character flaws you admit to might help me undertstand what I am dealing with.  That you don''t find homosexuality as a flaw, for example, lets me know better what kind of propaganda swilling jackwad you are. Garbage in, garnage out. That''s your mantra, and you believe it.

I know how many games the players of Spain and America have played.  They are professional athletes. Besides, no player HAS to report to national games if they don''t want to, yet they all did.  You and Randy "Pants" Lerner know that. They are going to have to do it again next year.  Many of the US players have Euro teams for their home clubs, so they too are coming off long seasons.  The Spanish looked very fit, and in fact it was the Americans who were looking ragged in the last 15 minutes of yesterday''s beatdown.  However, our superior coaching and discipline held tight and we sent another top ranked team home early.  

Do I make a lot of references to other people who may be reading my comments, or did I make just one and you took that to mean lots?  All you lurkers out there, listen up!  jv is not writing his insulting, nonsensical, incoherent bigotry for you. It is for me only, so please don''t read it.  I, on the other hand, hope you all read my stuff and get as big a kick out of it as I do.  I do mean everything I write, but I also try to make it amusing with sarcasm and exaggeration or extreme examples. Also, I do not think of you as lurkers but as my friends, and to that I offer a big thank you and a welcoming [{] (Hey jv, that last sentence there was more sarcasm designed to annoy you.)

Is it just me, or is HC seemingly obsessed with JV''s girlfriend?As far as I can tell JV mentioned his girlfriend''s dad once with relevance to the matter being discussed and since then HC has mentioned it in every post he''s made since.I don''t think he''s a very well person.

Just noticed he has a homosexual fixation too.Lots of issues there, bet he''d be a life''s work for a psychiatrist... [:D]It''s OK HC, you big strapping heterosexual you.

(or not!)

[quote user="Herb"]Just noticed he has a homosexual fixation too.
Lots of issues there, bet he''d be a life''s work for a psychiatrist... [:D]

It''s OK HC, you big strapping heterosexual you.

(or not!)
[/quote]

I believe that is the sound of crickets NOT being drowned out by laughter. Herb strikes again.

[quote user="Herb"]Just noticed he has a homosexual fixation too.
Lots of issues there, bet he''d be a life''s work for a psychiatrist... [:D]

It''s OK HC, you big strapping heterosexual you.

(or not!)
[/quote]

"Hey! see the ball-game last night?"

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

You really enjoy being abused, don''t you jv.  First, you keep coming back for more, and 2nd, your replies are obviously based on bigotry, and what you imagine or what your 50 yr old girlfriend''s dad read for you without clarification (nhot that any is needed for the literate-half-wit or smarter crowd).  Lucky for you, I am happy to oblige.

Africans in some places may be big, but nobody is big AND cut like a bodybuilder naturally.  Why don''t you read complete thoughts and answer those instead of half of the idea and taking everything out of context?  That way, you won''t make such an a-hole ofd yourself time and again.  I''m trying to help you.

Once again, dim bulb, and you can even ask your old girlfriend''s American dad about this, the World Series has been called the World Series for decades before anyone else even though of trying to be cool like Americans and adopting a purly American game.  Why should the Major Leagues change the name of their championship series if there are not several inferior leagues in other countries?  The UK is neiter United, nor a Kingdom. Change the name!  I don''t think King Elizabeth II would mind.

Miss Universe is not about 5 years olds.  Where you got that from, I have no idea.  You know who wins it the most, though?  Vile Americans who abuse their baby girls into dressing like whores.  Whoops, nope.  It is the Columbians and Venezualans. Are there no beauty pageants for children in England?  Personally, I find the whole concept repugnant, but I was using it as another fine example of your whining about World Series being pure bigotry.  Mr. Universe, the steroid abusing friend of Didier Drogba, also agrees.  If you hate America because we have a World Series, then you are really searching for reasons to hate us, and that means you pretty much hate everywhere, because there a whole lot worse things being done around the globe than people calling their championship World Series.  Greenland is not in the World Cup, so how can it be the World Cup?  The Pacific Ocean is not in it either.  Hey look everybody!  I can be just as childish and stupid as jv!

Where did I ever give any hint that YOU had referred to the magic spray as magic spray?  How stupid are you, jv?  I proudly and sarcastically call it magic spray, and I forbid anyone as uptight and lonely as you from using my term.  I don''t want dunces like you associated with my phrase. Not only am I not accusing you of using the term, I am actually banning you from using it.  Why has it disappeared from the game, if it was a legitimate source of stopping men from weeping like children stuck in a stining  nettle bush? 

Whether you are gay or not is a valid question.  I am trying to understand you as something other than a populist moron bigot, and inate character flaws you admit to might help me undertstand what I am dealing with.  That you don''t find homosexuality as a flaw, for example, lets me know better what kind of propaganda swilling jackwad you are. Garbage in, garnage out. That''s your mantra, and you believe it.

I know how many games the players of Spain and America have played.  They are professional athletes. Besides, no player HAS to report to national games if they don''t want to, yet they all did.  You and Randy "Pants" Lerner know that. They are going to have to do it again next year.  Many of the US players have Euro teams for their home clubs, so they too are coming off long seasons.  The Spanish looked very fit, and in fact it was the Americans who were looking ragged in the last 15 minutes of yesterday''s beatdown.  However, our superior coaching and discipline held tight and we sent another top ranked team home early.  

Do I make a lot of references to other people who may be reading my comments, or did I make just one and you took that to mean lots?  All you lurkers out there, listen up!  jv is not writing his insulting, nonsensical, incoherent bigotry for you. It is for me only, so please don''t read it.  I, on the other hand, hope you all read my stuff and get as big a kick out of it as I do.  I do mean everything I write, but I also try to make it amusing with sarcasm and exaggeration or extreme examples. Also, I do not think of you as lurkers but as my friends, and to that I offer a big thank you and a welcoming [{] (Hey jv, that last sentence there was more sarcasm designed to annoy you.)

[/quote]

YAWN

The Vuvuzela is an annoying plastic trumpet also known as a stadium horn that is constantly blown at all soccer/football matches in South Africa. It sounds like a deafening mix of angry elephants trumpeting, a swarm of buzzing bees and a fog horn. What can we do? Go to http://www.banvuvuzela.com/ Register with your name, country and email and then vote. Tell your friends and family to do so too. It is our intention to submit these votes to the relevant authorities who can do something about it. Together we can make our 2010 World Cup the best experience for all.

what the hell is that noise??its so bloody annoying!!!sounds like a giant bee, ive had to turn it off,

hope its not like this next year

well i just see the goals from today''s friendly, and the bloody noise is still there, i would off thought fifa would off banned them by now, its impossible to watch a game

theyre not going to ban them and its too un PC. However annoying they are we must respect that we are in south africa and they are hosts so i see no reason why we should ban them. I do hate them and would rather not have them block out our lads roaring on out team but we are the guests.