Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

confederations cup, whats that noise??

Try reading the other post on the confederations cup before starting a new thread. In addition, quite why this topic is being discussed in the NORWICH CITY forum is beyond me!

I think that Canarytom should become part of the web team, the messageboard would be much better if he was an admin.

[quote user="Big Bob"]I think that Canarytom should become part of the web team, the messageboard would be much better if he was an admin.[/quote]

My first job would be banning CT!

[quote user="canarytom"]

[quote user="Big Bob"]I think that Canarytom should become part of the web team, the messageboard would be much better if he was an admin.[/quote]

My first job would be banning CT!

[/quote]

Ahh somebody please give this man admin tools.

However i have to agree with CTID, the noise is pretty much intolerable, and it''s consistant throughout the whole game which makes it worse. Really really annoying. However after doing some research, i have found that they are banned for next summers world cup.

[quote user="Big Bob"]However i have to agree with CTID, the noise is pretty much intolerable, and it''s consistant throughout the whole game which makes it worse. Really really annoying. However after doing some research, i have found that they are banned for next summers world cup.[/quote]No they aren''t, FIFA un-banned them. They will be very much present.

[quote user="canarytom"]Try reading the other post on the confederations cup before starting a new thread. In addition, quite why this topic is being discussed in the NORWICH CITY forum is beyond me![/quote]get a life

South Africa gave the Vuvuzelas (annoying horns) to the locals along with the tickets. Its like a nest of hornets. Awful. But its currently drowning out the idiot commentators on ESPN. Believe me, the horns make more sense.

[quote user="Penfold"][quote user="Big Bob"]However i have to agree with CTID, the noise is pretty much intolerable, and it''s consistant throughout the whole game which makes it worse. Really really annoying. However after doing some research, i have found that they are banned for next summers world cup.[/quote]

No they aren''t, FIFA un-banned them. They will be very much present.
[/quote]

Oh really, on this forum i was looking at earlier, there were lots of South Africans, and they were saying that they''ve been banned. Perhaps they should allow them at South Africa''s games but ban them for all the others.

[quote user="Burping Canary"]They have been banned. Im in south africa at the moment.......................[/quote]

That''s great news

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010confederations-cup/2009/06/18/1332455/fifa-will-not-ban-vuvuzela-horn-at-world-cup-finals-blatter

Was an awful noise! Sounded like a B52 was circling the stadium!Seemed to die down a bit late in the second half though, hopefully the beeb will have it fixed for the next set of games!

Only just heard it and it really is ghastly. Hope they ban it for the World Cup as it just drowns out any atmosphere.

Personally I think talking about the Confederations Cup has slightly more to do with NCFC than multiple threads on Smudger, CT or Asda

FIFA wanted them banned as they thought they may be used as weapons but in the end have allowed them in grounds for the world cup, after South Africa protested that they added to the African party spirit.

Personaly I think they are irritating and make the match sound like a Formula one race, and they dont even take a break when a goal is scored or an attck is on, and am inclined to agree with FIFA because if someone was blowing one of them down my ear all through the game, I would probably end up ramming it up their ----!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Singing or blowing some peice of crap? I take singing over that god awful noise to add to the atmosphere everytime. With this crud you cant or wont hear any singing, so for me it will lack atmosphere.

The latest news by Blatter, when quizzed a couple of days ago is they will be allowed during 2010 World Cup to add to the African party mood.

B#llocks! I will be watcing on mute I think.

It''s very annoying indeed, I have strugled to watch an entire confederations match this summer because of those consistent irritating horns, I heard that Fifa are looking into it so hopefully they will sort this out for next years World cup.

The sound those things make is terrible, however they would make terrific pea-shooters. Stuff a wet paper towel ball down it and you could take someones head off! We should offer a prize to anyone that could take out the referee. ;o)

Watching Spain vs South africa now and the noise its still their (its called a vuvuzela) by the way. Its so pointless though totally drowns out the atmosphere. Still Sepp Blatter is an idiot and has never actually made a good decision so i very much doubt they will ban it. Can anyone else see this being Englands excuse next year when we go out on penalties in the world cup next year?

Much of the noise is from fans of the USA team as we crushed Egypt while Italy crumbled like little girls in front of Andrie Chikatilo as they "played" Brazil.  US advances while Italy and Egypt go home early.  We finally had sensible refs who weren''t going to pull out a red card for obvious yellow card offenses by our players while completely ignoring worse tackles by theirs.  BRING ON SPAIN! (and a ref who doesn''t play that "fake falling deserves a card" game) 

Those horns are irritating.  In CONCACAF, almost every game we are in and played outside the US has that noise. Even some of the home games do if there are enough illegals here to attend their beloved poor country''s match.   That happens more than you''d think.

Isn''t the vuvuzela traditional in South Africa?  If so, surely they shouldn''t be banned - do we really want to homogenise football everywhere to be exactly the same?

And after all, they''re about a million times less less irritating and intrusive than the bl**dy England band...

Traditional?  There has only been plastic for about 90 years, and I doubt those female-sexual-organ name sounding things were being made right then.  If it''s a tradition, it''s not much of one.  However, thinking FIFA is going to do anything about it is silly, wishful thinking.  It is also paternal, disrespectful, and bordering on racist.  Do you not think FIFA knew about the noise when they selected S Af to host?  Why ban it frou the World Cup but not the preliminaries?

Sure they are annoying, but you will get used to it quickly enough unless you are so whiny as to try to purposely be bothered by it.  I leave that for the politically correct types, and I could not give a flying monkey if they are uncomfortable after all the damage they have inflicted.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Traditional?  There has only been plastic for about 90 years, and I doubt those female-sexual-organ name sounding things were being made right then.  If it''s a tradition, it''s not much of one.  However, thinking FIFA is going to do anything about it is silly, wishful thinking.  It is also paternal, disrespectful, and bordering on racist.  Do you not think FIFA knew about the noise when they selected S Af to host?  Why ban it frou the World Cup but not the preliminaries?

Sure they are annoying, but you will get used to it quickly enough unless you are so whiny as to try to purposely be bothered by it.  I leave that for the politically correct types, and I could not give a flying monkey if they are uncomfortable after all the damage they have inflicted.

[/quote]What an idiot you are. Racist because I find that monotonous drone deeply unbearable? It''s the politically correct people like you that stops people caring about genuine racism. I don''t care what colour the person blowing the horn is, all I know is that it gives me a headache. And for the record, vuvuzelas have only been present at football matches for under a decade and their introduction was commercial rather than cultural. Ban the effing vuvuzela. Let me enjoy my football.