Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Assuming Gill is any good (and I have no reason to think otherwise)....

I would take this as the starting line-up for the first match next year:                                                              RuddSpillane                    Stefanovic                                         Doherty                               DruryNew RM                  Gill                                                     Clingan                                Hoolahan

Cody                                               Lee

The line up depends on Drury, Stefanovic and Hoolahan being fit. Also goes on the basis that Clingan and Hoolahan will be here, same for Lee.Looks like a pretty decent line up to me, just need a new RM and to sign Alan Lee. My guess is though the line up will be so different to the one above. The revolving door at Carrow Road wont stop moving for a long time yet IMO- not necessarily (sp?) a bad thing though.

Whoever the RM player is, thats a strong team which shows how fearful other clubs will be when playing us home or away in League 1.

OTBC since 1969

R.I.P. Dad 1939-2008

I still am hopefully of signing Lee, i''d also rather see someone rather than Dec Rudd in goal for this season at least and have him as no2 while actually playing a few games, it''d be unfair on him to throw him straight into the first team without any previous expierience, especially with some of our fans being as hostile as they are at the moment.

Assuming Gill is any good then why was he not a Norwich City player an awful long time ago?

Did that wonderful Head of Scouting Mr Gunn not spot his obvious outstanding talent????  [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Assuming Gill is any good then why was he not a Norwich City player an awful long time ago?

Did that wonderful Head of Scouting Mr Gunn not spot his obvious outstanding talent????  [:$]

[/quote]

Because we wern''t a league 1 club then Smudge, we are now. Thats the sad reality of things, players such as Gill are however the type we need to rebuild the club with, personally i think he''s a good signing, not one Exceter fan on any of their messageboards have a bad word to say about him and quite a few said he''s one of the best players they''ve ever had.

Give the man a chance before we knock him hey?

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Because we wern''t a league 1 club then Smudge, we are now. Thats the sad reality of things, players such as Gill are however the type we need to rebuild the club with, personally i think he''s a good signing, not one Exceter fan on any of their messageboards have a bad word to say about him and quite a few said he''s one of the best players they''ve ever had.

Give the man a chance before we knock him hey?

[/quote]

If he is good enough to win promotion from League 1 then surely he was good enough to try and help save us from the drop from the Championship too I would of thought???

I haven''t slagged him off and said anything about the player as such, what I am calling in to question is the talent spotting of a certain Mr Gunn.

I know not enough of Gill to make a judgement as yet, but I would not be daft enough to take an Exeter fans advice on him being a good player at the levels they have been playing at as evidence that he can cut the mustard in League 1 either.

I am sure that after seeing him 3 or 4 times it should become clear to all that can spot a good player exactly what the fella can do or not, but lets just say that the signing hardly excites me.

[quote user="The Undertaker"]Stop these pointless threads please. No one knows what the team will look like, it''s two months away.[/quote]

With you on this one, what is the point of saying what our best team is going to be until we know who is in the squad.  Still likely that at least a couple of the players selected will leave.

Can we expect a new thread like this everytime a player comes or goes - oh joy...

Who''s abusing you here? People are just giving their opinions on the side you posted as to wether a couple of them will be here or not this season.

Ah sorry just re-read the past couple posts. Ignore them mate, who makes up next seasons team is more vital than it has been the past few seasons IMO, this year''s side is make or break as to wether we can start to re-build the club or wether we can on in decline.

Personally i think it''s a good topic to discuss.

[quote user="CT "]I would take this as the starting line-up for the first match next year:

Rudd
Spillane                    Stefanovic                                         Doherty                               Drury

New RM                  Gill                                                     Clingan                                Hoolahan

Cody                                               Lee

The line up depends on Drury, Stefanovic and Hoolahan being fit. Also goes on the basis that Clingan and Hoolahan will be here, same for Lee.

Looks like a pretty decent line up to me, just need a new RM and to sign Alan Lee. My guess is though the line up will be so different to the one above. The revolving door at Carrow Road wont stop moving for a long time yet IMO- not necessarily (sp?) a bad thing though.
[/quote]

ya RW will be ostomber....

I just got back from a couple of days at work, and received this text message from a mate  advising on the purchase of Matthew Gill. I thought it was a wind up. Gill was formerly of Posh ( my second team) and couldn''t get a regular start, and this was at League Two level, and at a time when Posh were heading towards non league. I fully appreciate we have to cut our cloth accordingly after relegation, but things just seem to get worse every time I read this website.