Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Scottish pre-season opponents confirmed

[quote user="First Wizard"]There''s a hell of a lo of games there Pete, injuries worry me.[/quote]

May have a point there Wiz, does anyone remember such a packed pre-season programme before?  It seems much heavier than in the past few seasons to me.  Either we will hit the ground running when the real stuff kicks off or else we could be carrying a few crocks I guess.

I''d discount the Norwich City XI fixtures (particularly the game the day before the Dartford fixture) as they''ll play the Academy side and maybe one or two coming back from injury.

[quote user="First Wizard"]There''s a hell of a lo of games there Pete, injuries worry me.[/quote]Bear in mind that most of these games will be fielding ''fringe'' or youth players so Gunn can give them a good look over with the first team. Spillane and Martin will be given a good amount of time to prove themselves, as will Cureton. Doesn''t seem bad on that front.

Seems to me that, as many people have pointed out, we will have virtually a complete new team by the start of the season so we will need as many games as possible to sort out positions, tactics etc.

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]Seems to me that, as many people have pointed out, we will have virtually a complete new team by the start of the season so we will need as many games as possible to sort out positions, tactics etc.
[/quote]

I agree totally. I think players like Rudd will be able to iron out any problems while gaining some needed experience.

Like most teams, I also think we will probably be signing players in July so not every player will play every game.

Plus as Sporst Desk Pete pointed out the Norwich X1 games will be a mixture of acad. players plus maybe a few trial players if last year is anything to go by?

Also a lot of the friendly games will probably have unlimited subs, so most players might only get 45 mins.

I think the more players the management can see in action, the better. It gives every squad player a chance to make a claim for the starting 16 

On another note its pretty cool that the club supports the local clubs by sending a Norwich X1.

Oddly I agree with Wiz too. However, the XI games in particular won''t feature many first team players (I can''t see them being needed, plus its good experience for the others) so it should be fine injury wise.

Dereham Town vs Norwich City XI... I''m there. Leave home, hop across the road and left 200 meters and i''m at Aldiss Park, worth the effort I reckon. Hopefully a better game than last year though.

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]Oddly I agree with Wiz too. However, the XI games in particular won''t feature many first team players (I can''t see them being needed, plus its good experience for the others) so it should be fine injury wise.

Dereham Town vs Norwich City XI... I''m there. Leave home, hop across the road and left 200 meters and i''m at Aldiss Park, worth the effort I reckon. Hopefully a better game than last year though.[/quote]So...you don''t agree with him? [:D]