Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Lee and Shackell

I think we can all rule out Shacks returning, Lee on the other hand isn''t a lost cause, my only worry is that it''d take Hoolahan going the other way to get him which i''m not sure is worth it.

If we swap Hoolahan for Lee i will leave :( he is much better, and can get us back up, i would love Lee to come, but not for Hoolahan

Is it worth selling our one real flair player capable of winning us a game for a striker who while showed a great deal of passion and comittment but ultimatly their being a few other options available to us which could allow us to keep Wes?

[quote user="Lambo"]

Is it worth selling our one real flair player capable of winning us a game for a striker who while showed a great deal of passion and comittment but ultimatly their being a few other options available to us which could allow us to keep Wes?

[/quote]difference of opinion.i personally dont rate hoolahan, too left footed, not quick enough or a good enough physical presence, and i think he can be wasteful with the ball, id rather have an out and out wnger.

Lee is crap

Shackell will have no desire whatsoever to play in the 3rd tier and you are simply clueless for bringing up the subject.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Lee is crap

Shackell will have no desire whatsoever to play in the 3rd tier and you are simply clueless for bringing up the subject.

[/quote]

did you start watching Norwich again last season then smudger?

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]
difference of opinion.
i personally dont rate hoolahan, too left footed, not quick enough or a good enough physical presence, and i think he can be wasteful with the ball, id rather have an out and out wnger.
[/quote]

I don''t rate Hoolahan either... he is a little boy lost... gives the ball away cheaply, doesn''t create or score enough and is not good enough defensively either... he is clueless apart from running around in pretty circles like a chicken with it''s head cut off.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Smudger"]

Lee is crap

[/quote] did you start watching Norwich again last season then smudger?[/quote]

I saw 4 or 5 games on free tickets and a couple on the TV... plenty enough if you are a good judge of what is a decent player and what isn''t.

Shame we do not have that kind of talent spotting within the club I would say.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Lee is crap

I saw 4 or 5 games on free tickets and a couple on the TV... plenty enough if you are a good judge of what is a decent player and what isn''t.

[/quote]

It would seem you''re not.

Keep going to games though, you might get there one day.

][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Smudger"]

Lee is crap

[/quote] did you start watching Norwich again last season then smudger?[/quote]

Shame we do not have that kind of talent spotting within the club I would say.

[/quote]

I must have missed your tenure as England Manager [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Lee is crap

[/quote]

Indeed, thank you for putting me right Mr Smudger. I will be eternally grateful for your insight.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]
difference of opinion.
i personally dont rate hoolahan, too left footed, not quick enough or a good enough physical presence, and i think he can be wasteful with the ball, id rather have an out and out wnger.
[/quote]

I don''t rate Hoolahan either... he is a little boy lost... gives the ball away cheaply, doesn''t create or score enough and is not good enough defensively either... he is clueless apart from running around in pretty circles like a chicken with it''s head cut off.

[/quote]

Yet we looked a far better team with him in our side, and i remember having an argument with someone over Hoolahan before where if you look at our total of points won last season we only won a handful of them without Hoolahan playing.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Smudger"]

Lee is crap

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you are telling me that Fat Boy Lee is the striker to get NCFC promoted are you???  hahahahaha now I have heard everything... he was good enough to play a helping hand in getting us relegated though!

Are you also trying to tell me that Shackell would have any interest whatsoever in playing for a team in the 3rd tier that is not even going to finish in the top half of the table?

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]
difference of opinion.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yet we looked a far better team with him in our side, and i remember having an argument with someone over Hoolahan before where if you look at our total of points won last season we only won a handful of them without Hoolahan playing.

[/quote]

So if Hoolahan had of played all season he would of been the difference between us staying up or going down would he?

Just because he may of been slightly better than what ever other useless toss pot we played out on the left wing doesn''t mean that he is any good.

If we had kept a certain Mr Huckerby in that position though then he may of well of been the difference.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Alan Lee, please god no , old , lazy , looking for a retirement home , you just know Gunn will sign him .
[/quote]

Yep add to that the fact that most of our fans are clueless applauding us signing strikers like Strivahka just because he scored 12 goals in a noddy''s league, he could be Gunn''s perfect target.

One thing that might prevent Gunny landing him of course is finances... we can but live in hope hey???

I think both Lee and Shacks have their sights set higher.  Think we might have a chance to sign Lee if he gets no other offers but think we can do better than him given that it will probably take up to £500k to get him.  Would rather we have Cort and save the money.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Lambo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]
difference of opinion.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So if Hoolahan had of played all season he would of been the difference between us staying up or going down would he?

Just because he may of been slightly better than what ever other useless toss pot we played out on the left wing doesn''t mean that he is any good.

If we had kept a certain Mr Huckerby in that position though then he may of well of been the difference.

[/quote]

Thats something neither of us will ever know mate, just i spent time looking over our results and line ups from last season and most of our points were won when he started games.

As for young Darren... i''m completely with you on that one, he would have been much more up for the fight than anyone else we had was.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Smudger"]

Lee is crap

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you are telling me that Fat Boy Lee is the striker to get NCFC promoted are you???  hahahahaha now I have heard everything... he was good enough to play a helping hand in getting us relegated though!

Are you also trying to tell me that Shackell would have any interest whatsoever in playing for a team in the 3rd tier that is not even going to finish in the top half of the table?

[/quote]

I''m pretty sure had we had Alan Lee from the start of the season we''d have had a much better chance to stay up than we would have with the likes of Sibs.

He''s got a bit of everything as a striker. He''s strong, comeptitive, a bit of pace (helped by his determination) and he scores goals at Championship level. He''s not Fernando Torres but then we''re not Liverpool.

As for Shackell...I don''t believe I commented on him.

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]I have to admit, big John Hartson was quicker than Lee![/quote]Clearly you didn''t see him run from the half way line, beat two defenders for pace, and then smash the ball against the upright last season (against Watford I think)?

Lee type is exactly the player we need because he knows how to kick the sh*t out of defenders and get away with it, he''s a proven championship stirker and so playing against the quality of teams we''ll be playing in league 1 then he could do just fine, however I don''t really think he''s going to be worth the transfer fees and wages, i''d much rather we went after someone with a bit more energy left in the tank. Lee''s effort is commendable but he keeps on having to come off at about the 75 minute mark because he''s run himself into the ground. Grant Holt would be a much better bet because for him coming to Norwich will be a step up and therefore i think he will have a lot more hunger. Furthermore Lee had something to prove when he arrived because he was an ex-binner, I''m not convinced his commitment will be at the same level next season if we sign him as he will feel his perormances last season showed his commitment to the club and now he can sit back and rake in the 5K a week we will most likely pay him. Add to that the fact that his age increases the likelihood for injury. By signing him I think we would be repeating the mistakes that Roeder made by signing over the hill players who can''t perform and don''t live up to expectations. We could end up with another Sibierski or Stefanovic on our hands draining our resources for more commited younger players with their high wages. Additionally Hoolahan is one of our few genuinely skillful players, the whole reason we signed him was because when playing for Blackpool he was running rings around league one defenders, there is no reason he won''t do so again. I personally believe think we would be getting an extremely raw deal were the Lee for Hoolahan swap to go ahead.

On the Shackell front I hope we do sign him but can''t see it happening

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]Alan Lee, please god no , old , lazy , looking for a retirement home , you just know Gunn will sign him .[/quote]Yep add to that the fact that most of our fans are clueless applauding us signing strikers like Strivahka just because he scored 12 goals in a noddy''s league, he could be Gunn''s perfect target.

One thing that might prevent Gunny landing him of course is finances... we can but live in hope hey??? [/quote]Good to see you have taken your apprentice under your wing smudger! [;)]

And Did Lee Kick The Sh*t Out Of The Ipswich Defenders At The Derby?

I Think Not.............

He Only Wants To Sign For Norwich Because It Is Convenient For Housing Situation In East Anglia.