Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Still no injuries...!

One of the big contributing factors in our success last year was the remarkable injury free run we had throughout the year, with the exception of the odd niggle here and there.

Although it''s early days yet, this stage of the season is often a big time for injuries as players adjust to playing one or even two games of pro football in the premiership every week.

And yet still nothing at NCFC. This should be a great thing and it is, we''re obviously doing something very right to keep the players fit but not overstretched.

But i wouldn''t mind us getting the odd minor injury or suspension just to get some squad rotation going!! If we become a side who never gets injuries, the likes of Brennan, Helveg, Mulryne, McVeigh, Svensson and even Doherty will start to get seriously impatient and could start thinking about looking elsewhere. Especially Brennan. The guy is quality and i really want to see him given his chance in the Prem. I''d hate to see him go. I''m hoping while the younguns (shackell, jarvis etc) are still just that they will be more patient.

Don''t get me wrong, i don''t want to see anyone hurt, it just sometimes seems like the only way we might get to see some of our players this season!

Good post, but I would much rather they get their chance by playing very well in the reserves!!

Fingers x''d for no injuries!

I just don''t see this Brennan thing. If he''s "class" how come he walked out of a play-off team into our arms for free without any other team showing any sign of interest?

How come he hardly played last season, and when he did he didn''t set the world on fire? I mean, he was ok, but a cut above the rest? Nah.

I am not saying he is no good at all, and he will be a very useful squad player. I just think this is a serious case of "he hasn''t played badly yet so he must be good" syndrome. He hasn''t had the chance to suffer a loss of form, so no-one''s started slating him yet.