Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Norwich V Man U 11

Can anyone answer these questions please

1. What is a Man u 11, will it include any big players will Sir Alex be coming etc etc or is it basically the reserve side?
  2. How much are tickets?

Thanks

OTBC

St.John

The Man Ure first team are on a pre-season tour to the far east so it will be a team of kids and maybe a name or two if they are recovering from injury.

No idea about the ticket cost as I''m on holiday, but even if I was around, I wouldn''t go if you paid me. I''d much prefer to go to see City play Dartford!

Didn''t it say earlier that Manure XI  managed by Ole Gunnar Solskjær. Meaning reserves and kids.... Also now the Wigan XI will have a new manager

Any sane person would stay away from the man u pre season game, let the chavvy kids from yarmouth go.

Right said Fred. It will be a good exercise for us.

And we even might make a few quid out of the game as well. 

But filling half of Carrow Road with a bunch of East Anglian based plastic Man Ure fans, who have been given a chance to see some of their future heroes in the flesh is not in the longer term interests of NCFC.

Not every one from Yarmouth is a Man Utd fan and a chav....

Anyway, if the kids suport the big sides (although they are glory hunting sods) why shoudn''t they go see their team when they are 20 minutes down the road?

I think it will be very much a case of only "genuine" Man U fans recognising any of that eleven. Somebody said that the famous players will be away in the Far East at the time.

[quote user="Spineless Fooks"]Not every one from Yarmouth is a Man Utd fan and a chav.... Anyway, if the kids suport the big sides (although they are glory hunting sods) why shoudn''t they go see their team when they are 20 minutes down the road?[/quote]

I’m not advocating football supporters missing out or not going to see their team play, however vile the team they support may be.

I’m sure there are a number of kids in and around East Anglia who support or may support Man Ure. Having this game may could attract a few more (or a load more) kids to follow the red fifth as opposed to NCFC.

We spend a fortune trying to get kids to support NCFC via community schemes, steeply discounted U-12 and U-16 season tickets and all sorts of other stuff, and then we arrange a friendly against precisely the sort of team that all our marketing and different initiatives are trying to get those living in our catchment area not to support.

It doesn’t seem right to me.

It''s a Man Utd 11 though Tim, none of the kids on the pitch are gonna inspire a young''un to support Man Utd are they? Even if they do, when they see the first team play they aren''t going to see the same players they saw a Carrow Road again are they?

And I can''t believe the club are getting slagged off for arranging a friendly with the second best ( :P ) team in europe. It''s not as if we''ll be in their league any time soon is it? Yeah it''s only the kids but NCFC won''t care will they? And I''m sure a number of fans won''t either - It''s still Manchester United after all!

I think I am going to give it a miss. I probably wont have even heard of any of their players on show. I can also seeing it being like the spurs friendly last season just being full of Man U "fans". Although when I say the fans I mean the gloryhunters who dont have a clue about football. You can see now that none of them will actually know any of the players on show.

You miserable old lot!! Its a good chance to see our ''new'' players (i live in hope), and a few good up and coming utd players hopefully...

That aside its just another chance to cheer on our ''beloved'' team...but im starting to wonder how many people on here actually support the team in the true sense of the word.

And i believe its a tenner for those of you who asked.