Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Breaking News

Man Utd accept an £80 million bid for Ronaldo and Real Madrid are given permission to talk to the player.

What in the world is this world coming to? Is he REALLY worth £80 million? This really is the silly season.

I can''t believe some of the prices players go for these days, makes me realise how well we did to draft in Huckerby for only around a million!

I truly believe we''re actually doing something sensible by picking up some experienced and hungry bosmans/freebies.Gill is a great example of this, and if we can bring in more like him, I''m confident we will have a decent squad at the start of the season.

...another one of our targets going to a rival, we were better than Man Utd just before Smith took over the club, when will this club show some ambition !Doomed I tell yer, we''re all DOOOOMED !

Ronaldo will never be at a club longer than 2 or 3 years from now IMO. Once he wins the champions league with Real Madrid (which is looking increasingly likely next season) he''ll move to Italy and so on. Glad we''ve got that arrogant c0ck out of our league anyway...

[quote user="Spineless Fooks"]Ronaldo will never be at a club longer than 2 or 3 years from now IMO. Once he wins the champions league with Real Madrid (which is looking increasingly likely next season) he''ll move to Italy and so on. Glad we''ve got that arrogant c0ck out of our league anyway...[/quote]I thought we were in League 1?

I am so glad he is finally going. I had enough of listening about this last season and glad I wont have to listen to another summer of this as its just getting boring now so I am glad he is finally going.

But £80 Million for a football player? I know this sounds stupid in this day and age but I still think £1 Million for a player is too much. All it is is just someone who kicks a football.

[quote user="AJ"]Man Utd accept an £80 million bid for Ronaldo and Real Madrid are given permission to talk to the player.

What in the world is this world coming to? Is he REALLY worth £80 million? This really is the silly season.

I can''t believe some of the prices players go for these days, makes me realise how well we did to draft in Huckerby for only around a million!I truly believe we''re actually doing something sensible by picking up some experienced and hungry bosmans/freebies.Gill is a great example of this, and if we can bring in more like him, I''m confident we will have a decent squad at the start of the season.[/quote]Load of rubbish! Huckerby was a mediocre premierleague player with us and was IMO worth no-where near 1m. Sort it out. How many caps did Huckerby get? Oh yea 1 england B!

[quote user="canarytom"]And what exactly has this got to do with Norwich? Sort it out please mods[/quote]Agreed.Who gives a toss what is going on at the red scum?

[quote user="CT "][quote user="AJ"]Man Utd accept an £80 million bid for Ronaldo and Real Madrid are given permission to talk to the player.

I can''t believe some of the prices players go for these days, makes me realise how well we did to draft in Huckerby for only around a million!I truly believe we''re actually doing something sensible by picking up some experienced and hungry bosmans/freebies.Gill is a great example of this, and if we can bring in more like him, I''m confident we will have a decent squad at the start of the season.[/quote]Load of rubbish! Huckerby was a mediocre premierleague player with us and was IMO worth no-where near 1m. Sort it out. How many caps did Huckerby get? Oh yea 1 england B![/quote]So do you reckon ''winker'' is worth £80m?  I don''t, and I think that''s the point the OP was making, Hucks was better value

[quote user="I am a Banana"]real splash £130M in one week!![/quote]

Real splash £130m of the bank''s money.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]real splash £130M in one week!![/quote]How many times would that buy our squad (or, what''s left of it, rather)?

Great news, I couldn''t stand another summer of these tedious stories. He is not worth that much - in the CL final, Pujol made a complete monkey out of him.

[quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"][quote user="CT "][quote user="AJ"]Man Utd accept an £80 million bid for Ronaldo and Real Madrid are given permission to talk to the player.

I can''t believe some of the prices players go for these days, makes me realise how well we did to draft in Huckerby for only around a million!I truly believe we''re actually doing something sensible by picking up some experienced and hungry bosmans/freebies.Gill is a great example of this, and if we can bring in more like him, I''m confident we will have a decent squad at the start of the season.[/quote]Load of rubbish! Huckerby was a mediocre premierleague player with us and was IMO worth no-where near 1m. Sort it out. How many caps did Huckerby get? Oh yea 1 england B![/quote]So do you reckon ''winker'' is worth £80m?  I don''t, and I think that''s the point the OP was making, Hucks was better value[/quote]Thank you The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard for understanding the point I was making. We need to look for players who are worth their value, or, indeed available on a free at a decent cause. Too many times we''ve been hounded or landed crap as a panic buy (Cureton comes to mind). Hucks was clearly value for money, and it was a good bit of business. It''s just a shame we let our best asset last season...[quote user="canarytom"]And what exactly has this got to do with Norwich? Sort it out please mods[/quote]If you read my original post, and what I''ve just written above, you can see that I''ve linked it into being about us in the transfer window. Okay, Ronaldo is a top class player, everyone knows that. But he is not worth £80 Million, and Bent isn''t worth as much as Tottenham paid for him. Point is, we need to be clever in this transfer window, and as we have next to no money already, be sharp with deals.

Trevor Francis, £1 million pounds to Nottingham Forest. Clough must be mad, no player is worth a million pounds!!!!   Oh sorry, same story wrong era!!!!! 

Its good business for Man U in this day and age that 80 million is 10% off the debt they have.Real Madrid are not a business and thus money has to come from some place so you have to worry about the brains for what they are doing long term.Its a bit depressing for me though Newcastle United are for sale no doubt you can get a good price of say 60-80 million cash a top 5 sized english team for the price of one player.Never mind the disparity of Man U > Norwich City there is a concerning void between Man U and the Liverpools, Arsenals etc.I remember playing champoinship manager/football manager now once you had the huge stadium and all the players and you won all the time you unistalled and found somthing else to do.Football is becoming like that for me infact I hate it a bit now (prem and champs league) and I am depressingly happy that we are in the thrid division since we can make signings that will have an impact for less than 500k and the other teams can also.  I am also happy with Gill if we had a policy like Athletic Bilbao I would be estatic and I am so happy for the guy. It will not happen but we need an NFL style overhaul of the top class game all unpredictability is being weeded out at the highest level.

Do y''all realise that someone could buy our club with that fee,...

Jesus wept, what is football coming to?

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]Real Madrid are not a business and thus money has to come from some place so you have to worry about the brains for what they are doing long term.[/quote][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]real splash £130M in one week!![/quote]

Real splash £130m of the bank''s money.

[/quote]This is Spain we are talking about, its a bit different.Barca and Madrid are bigger in spain than the top 4 are here.  One of the practical upshots of this is thart no bank operating in spain dares try and get its money back from either team for fear that the fans will cause a run on them, like northern rock, but for football reasons.  So Real and Barca can borrow to splash the cash while sure that if they can''t make repayments they won''t get foreclosed on.  Much safer than for english clubs.