Sign in to follow this  
Mtv

Just what is the problem then?

On here and other boards this sometimes comes up and I cant see the problem....anyway here it is,If , in the future, our new owner wanted to sell Carrow Road to devolop as a housing estate or something and Move the Football to , say Colney, who would object? 

I would''nt would you? (wait for the roars of ''tradition'' ''blasphemer'' blah de blah..)  In 40 years time when City are playing at ''Colney arena'' our kids will be telling their kids about the time we used to play at Carrow Road and those same people would being saying ''but we''d never let them move us from here''

All tosh and if it makes the new owners money to invest in the team I''d move tomorrow!

go on then.........................................

Does anyone miss the nest?     Most city fans dont even know where it is. Tradtion is on thing but it is not everything. And we make our history by the decisions we make now.

Oh yes and Colney can hold 25,000 fans can it?

Are you really that stupid?

I think the clue was in the use of the words "Colney Arena".....

[quote user="ndhscanary"]Oh yes and Colney can hold 25,000 fans can it?[/quote]

[quote user="ACE"]
I think the clue was in the use of the words "Colney Arena".....

[quote user="ndhscanary"]Oh yes and Colney can hold 25,000 fans can it?[/quote][/quote]

Yeh i know but it will all cost a hell of a lot of money. Building new stand, You then have to consider that the road will have to be turned into dual carriageway to deal with more cars(health and safety) i believe. Also a car park will need to be built as unlike carrow road it is not in city and basically no parking is available there. By the time you have paid for all that you may not have that much money left after everything is built

Sometimes it just makes you wonder whether this WHOLE board is infested with kids.........................

If money were no object it could be a good thing, money never is no object though.  Clubs that have moved out of town from their traditional homes tend to end up with half empty stadiums.  The key thing here is transport.  Carrow Road is a pain to get to / get parked / get out of by car, but is right next to the train station, the Riverside and Prince of Wales road, so people can fit the football in around other things if they want to.  If you move the ground out to Colney, you will lose people who walk to the ground, often taking in a pub or two on the way.  You would almost certainly lose travellers from London, who travel up by train.

Rather than move from Carrow Rd. it is better to improve the parking facilities there, perhaps they should use the rebate money to buy a bigger car park?

Pressure to sell the ground has been there for years, even more so after the recent development around the ground. Selling and rebuilding would be fine as long as the new ground was the property of the club and not merely a holding company.Just outside M25 NW side would be nice.

do you remember the hulla ballo that went on when the old N&N shut? people were hanging flowers on the railings and moaning that people would''nt be able to get to the new hospital........................Well I, for one, hate that run down old place it was difficult to park it was difficult to get to etc etc.... I would hazard a guess that it would be the same if/ehen we move. It doesnt have to be CAolney, that was just an example but it would''nt bother me on little bit to move from carrow road.............

The obvious place is Colney, wherever it would be it would have to be out of town though - unless you bought Eaton or Waterloo Park off the council and plonked it in there, there just isn''t the space in Norwich for it.You''d have to research how many of your regulars travel on foot, by car, etc, obviously.  All well and good breaking even on selling one to build another, but if you end up with 12,000 regulars in a 30,000 stadium because of transport and location, it''s no good to anyone.

True but the privoso on this little theory was that it would make money for any new owner, because therec would be no point otherwise......