Sign in to follow this  
yossarian

"Cheering Laundry"

I think its LQ who summed up last season best with the genius statement "ultimately we''re just cheering laundry."

Firstly - well played LQ - you have a way with words which i envy.

Secondly - the signing of a local (albeit a liverpool fan) chap who will "stick his foot in" will begin to rectitfy the "cheering laundry" situation.

Cheers

Wish I could take the credit for the line but it''s a Seinfeld classic I''m afraid.Goes with the old ''manager changes, owners change, players change but the fans are the only constant'' adage that crosses the divides of all spectator sports.I know where you''re coming from re Gill though. We need a team we can call ''ours'' through thick and thin, otherwise we''re just... (you know the rest!)

[quote user="LQ"]Wish I could take the credit for the line but it''s a Seinfeld classic I''m afraid.

Goes with the old ''manager changes, owners change, players change but the fans are the only constant'' adage that crosses the divides of all spectator sports.

I know where you''re coming from re Gill though. We need a team we can call ''ours'' through thick and thin, otherwise we''re just... (you know the rest!)

[/quote]

Did you find your heels yet LQ?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="LQ"]Wish I could take the credit for the line but it''s a Seinfeld classic I''m afraid.

Goes with the old ''manager changes, owners change, players change but the fans are the only constant'' adage that crosses the divides of all spectator sports.

I know where you''re coming from re Gill though. We need a team we can call ''ours'' through thick and thin, otherwise we''re just... (you know the rest!)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Down Boy!!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wondered when that would come up....I''ll re-phrase that!!