Sign in to follow this  
Rich T (no not the biscuit!!)

We all hate the summer, but why the panic?!?!?

Yes I am a newbie so no doubt I will get slated or accused of being one of the directors or management team blah, blah, blah! - I''m not and just because I don''t post and choose to now shouldn''t mean that I get slated for having a point.

I''m not here to moan about others, everyone is entitled to their views, it;s just frustrating coming on here and reading nonsense and "crap" rumours, I know how crazy it drives me and I''m sure I''m not the only one!

My point is this, if you look at the facts, as it stands today we''re not in anywhere near as much trouble with the playnig squad as people think, yes we need a GK, a centre back, a target man and a wideman, but on paper if today was the first day of the season we''d be quite strong! (For League 1 that is!)

If you look at it on paper, we have

GK: Nelson (nothing confirmed so assume he''s staying), Rudd and Steer (the latter 2 are internationals and immense talents from what I have seen and I watch the Youth Team play a lot - no that doesn;t make me Ricky Martin!)

DEF: Semmy (RB), Drury (LB), Doc, Stef and Spillane & Kelly (the new Chris Sutton) for CB plus lets not forget that Spillane could play at RB and did so for a few games before he went to Luton and looked composed, we also have Lappin who can play at LB if needed.

MID: Russell, Clingan, Patty, Gill, Hoolahan, Lappin, Korey Smith (who I think will be a star for us next year), Lathrope and Adeyemi - ok some are young, but again there is enough quality in there

FWD: Cureton, Martin, Cody Mc(who again I think will be a top signing and we''ll watch him rip defences apart next year), Daley and Kelly.

I know there are some kids in there, but lets not forget that we had one of the besxt youth teams in the country last year, you get that from having talented players, they just need a chance to show us.

So............the long and short of it is this, it''s not as bad as some make out (althought I''m sure they will still rip this apart) and with the addition of a few new faces we will be strong enough for this division, and yes we might lose Clingan and Hoolahan, but they will go for money which will ultimately "have to be" used for replacements.

BG isn''t stupid, he knows what he needs, he has good men round him in Crook and Butters, let''s just give him a bit of time and then if it doesn''t happen, we slate him then!

Here endeth the speech............

Well an hour after you posted that and I have to say I am surprised the usual people haven''t slated you yet.

As it happens I agree, if we can keep Clingan and Hoolahan, buy a few more we might not do too bad. But then again who knows,the unknown of any season is always worth looking forward to isn''t it?

I know, not sure what to make of it to be honest, maybe they''re all asleep or have become so dispondent with all the depression that they no longer log in!!

I agree, who does knows, guess that''s why we all love the game and our club, come what may, must be do a change in luck and a good season and I am kind of looking forward it, although I say that with a huge bucketful of trepidation!!

Thanks for the comment

Don''t be dis-heartened by the lack of responses.  It''s only natural that you haven''t quite got the hang of getting a reaction from the drama queens and mid-life crises that inhabit this board, your original post was sensible, well thought out, and balanced after all.  Not once did you refer to anyone as a farmyard animal, or suggest that any aspect of the club / a section of the supporter base was flawed / evil and malevolent / part of a wider conspiracy involving the masons.I suspect that as you progress through your posting career, you may yet get the level of response that First Wizard attains.  By then, you really will have learnt how to pull peoples'' chains and start a proper e-bun fight.Keep up the good work Rich !Blah.

Good sensible first post Rich, welcome to this crazy forum.

[quote user="Rich T "]

Thanks, and it is indeed crazy!

Thought i would reply and bring it back to the top as I feel like I got off far too lightly!?!?!?!?!?

[/quote]Attention seeker [;)]