Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Essential, in my view.

A squad of 100% triers.

Nothing like it to stir the crowd, inspire the county - and get this club moving in the right direction.

Easier said than done - but a target well worth pursuing. In my view anyway.

Anybody agree?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

A squad of 100% triers.

Nothing like it to stir the crowd, inspire the county - and get this club moving in the right direction.

Anybody agree?

OTBC

[/quote]Bryan Gunn does.  Must be one of the least divisive things you''ve said on here that - well done [:)]

A squad of 100% triers.

Anybody agree?

OTBC

[/quote]

Absolutely right.

A squad of 100% triers.

Anybody agree?

OTBC

[/quote]

I want every Norwich player to play for the shirt, play for the fans and play for the city.

The days of people like Fozzy not giving a sh*t about this club has to stop immediately, I want players that make the fans proud to wear the shirt, and I want those players to be proud to pull on the shirt of those fans in return.

This ''Civil war'' between the fans, as I have seen it described, will only end when we can be largely united in one thing.... and that is the support of the boys on the pitch. We need players that we can chant for, admire and believe in. Honest, hard working and passionate players that walk on the pitch 100% focussed on the pride of the club and thinking as a club.

Only when we have that will the fans unite, and we havent had that 2001 - 2004, during the Worthy era, where we had passion, pride and loyaly in abundance. People like Malky Mackay, Iwan Roberts, Craig Fleming, Robert Green (nobody can deny that Green was at least a winner) that cared for nothing on a Saturday but coming off the pitch with the 3 points so that they could face them in the city on a saturday night with no guilt and nothing but pride.

Of course, pride and effort isnt the whole picture - me or you would give 100% but wouldnt last 5 minutes - there has to be a certain amount of ability as well. For me, Gill sounds to have that ability. McDonald has that ability.

This is why my boot is firmly in the Gunn, Crook and Butterworth camp. I am judging them on their signings, and so far they have made two. McDonald and Gill, and you can gaurentee that both of those players will not only give 100% every single game, but will also play for the fans and for the club.

Bryan Gunn can sign as many 25k Cody McDonalds as he likes, if each Saturday they turn up like Cody McDonald then I will be proud to call myself a City fan. Each 25k Cody McDonald is 3 times an overpaid Mark Fotheringham in my opinion.

We as fans must take back our club, taking back from the people that dont care about this club, and we now have a management team that are managing for this club and for this clubs fans. That management team wants a playing squad that wants to play for this club and for these fans.

No single player is bigger than this club. Stefanovic has pinned his colours to the wall. As far as Im concerned we publicly know of five players that have signed up to our new army. Spillane, McDonald, Gill, Stefanovic and Cureton.  So far as far as I am concerned, that is our squad at the moment, we have five players that have made a commitment to the fans and those four players have my absolute 100% support in my eyes.

Everybody else can decide whether they are going to fly the yellow and green flag, and until they come out and say that they want to become part of a revolution then they all go as far as im concerned. You have people like Daryl Russell that claim to be Norwich fans and yet neither have even come out and said that they are staying. So what is it Daryl? Are you a Norwich City player? Are you going to support us? Are we supporting you? What about Simon Lappin? are you going to take your new (blatently lower paid) deal? Or were you sitting in the reserves because we were paying you good money? Put your pen where your mouth is and you will get my support.

Same goes to Clingan, yes hes too good for league one, but is he going to come out and offer himself our loyalty? or has he decided to leave? He might be a good player but if he doesnt want to step out on the pitch as a committed Norwich player and as part of a squad that plays for the fans and not for himself then the time will come for him to leave. If he signs a one year extension, then I will add him to my list of five. I suspect that Adam Drury is part of that list already, but until he comes out and commits then im not interested.

So far we have 5 Norwich City players, not including youth players. Stefanovic, Gill, McDonald, Spillane, Cureton. Im not interested in the others in any way unless they want to be here.

There you go, theres my colours on the mast, I couldnt have been any more passionate than that, I hope that those with certain perceptions of me will stop with certain criticism. Theres my mindset, theres my beliefs.

Start of a revolution.

have to agree with everything you''ve said....oh and when the new away kit was unveiled (before relegation mind) drury did say that he was not going anywhere, which i would assume is still the case, and you can''t question his commitment ...so thats 6 lol

[quote user="valiant"]have to agree with everything you''ve said....oh and when the new away kit was unveiled (before relegation mind) drury did say that he was not going anywhere, which i would assume is still the case, and you can''t question his commitment ...so thats 6 lol[/quote]

Cool I will add him to my list. Right now we have a squad of six. Youth players wont be added to that list until they show their worth on the pitch!

cool, 6 is a start haha. i find it interesting that doherty has not come out and said anything, considering he finished the season as captain you would expect him to

[quote user="valiant"]cool, 6 is a start haha. i find it interesting that doherty has not come out and said anything, considering he finished the season as captain you would expect him to[/quote]

Yes thats a tricky one, because he wanted to leave at one point, but he didnt get any better offers. He is under contract, so I cant see him being able to leave if he wanted to, but until he comes out and commits himself either way - he isnt a Norwich player in my eyes.

I believe that as each day passes the lack of a public committment to the club from the likes of the doc and rusty becomes more painfull. Hopefully they will stay (we need players) but i for one won''t be able to lionise them any more. Just wait for the 1st cody mac goal or the 1st time matty gill monsters an opponent - i for one will be quicker onto my feet than for rusty and the doc ...........unless they tell us that they want to stay and soon.

You beat me to that one by seconds.  How can they express their desire to stay from a beach?

[quote user="lappinitup"]Are they back from their holidays yet?[/quote]

They could spell it out in stones so it could be read from the air?

A squad of 100% triers.

Anybody agree?

OTBC

[/quote]agree to a certain extent...we still need footballers....we could have get a squad of this forum of TRIERS but it wont get us anywere apart from relegated...we still need quality...but i would rather see us lose fighting then lose without giving a flying feck(charlton...fulham  cough cough) [Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

A squad of 100% triers.

Anybody agree?

OTBC

[/quote]agree to a certain extent...we still need footballers....we could have get a squad of this forum of TRIERS but it wont get us anywere apart from relegated...we still need quality...but i would rather see us lose fighting then lose without giving a flying feck(charlton...fulham  cough cough) [Y][/quote]

Yes. We must get the best squad of 100 percenters possible. That goes without saying really.

But! No exceptions! None! Whatever the temptation.

I would also deem it essential that each of our 100 perenters actually likes and enjoys playing football - and is not doing it just to earn a living.

OTBC

OTBC

This could be a record! Everyone so far is in agreement and I am more than happy to join in!! Committed, contracted players who have some affinity with the club, the area and the supporters...might even bring a smile to some of the sour cynics'' faces.....(or there again, maybe not,- any guesses as to who will be the first to sneer at the positive thoughts in this thread?)

[quote user="LQ"]They could spell it out in stones so it could be read from the air?

[/quote]

There are no stones on the types of beaches they go to....apart from Mick Jagger, Keith Richards type.

A squad of 100% triers.

Anybody agree?

OTBC

[/quote]

Spot on.

None of us complained back in the "dark old days" because we knew they were out there doing their best. A sprinkling of local products mixed with a vocal old head to keep them running and the crowd were happy.

What we really need of course is the old cook booted out and replaced by a local accent.... and a manager who won''t take any crap from anyone.

Not too much to hope for I don''t think.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

A squad of 100% triers.

Anybody agree?

OTBC

[/quote]agree to a certain extent...we still need footballers....we could have get a squad of this forum of TRIERS but it wont get us anywere apart from relegated...we still need quality...but i would rather see us lose fighting then lose without giving a flying feck(charlton...fulham  cough cough) [Y][/quote]

Yes. We must get the best squad of 100 percenters possible. That goes without saying really.

But! No exceptions! None! Whatever the temptation.

I would also deem it essential that each of our 100 perenters actually likes and enjoys playing football - and is not doing it just to earn a living.

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote][Y][Y][Y]

Agree with the sentiment of this thread, but come on guys....Andy Hughes. Passion by the bucketload....but not a player remembered with too much fondness at Carrow Road.

[quote user="Cluck is God"] None of us complained back in the "dark old days" because we knew they were out there doing their best.[/quote]Yep! We were sooo happy. That''s why cushions were thrown on the pitch on a regular basis! We''ve always been wailing, whingeing, whining and whimpering for as long as I can remember. It''s just easier to remember the best bits though.

[quote user="dpit"]

[quote user="LQ"]They could spell it out in stones so it could be read from the air?

[/quote]

There are no stones on the types of beaches they go to....apart from Mick Jagger, Keith Richards type.

[/quote]So they''re not down Hemsby?We''re paying these ''players'' too much.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck is God"] None of us complained back in the "dark old days" because we knew they were out there doing their best.[/quote]Yep! We were sooo happy. That''s why cushions were thrown on the pitch on a regular basis! We''ve always been wailing, whingeing, whining and whimpering for as long as I can remember. It''s just easier to remember the best bits though.[/quote]

This is not a thread for you merchants of doom.

Nor grumpy old City Stand cushion tossers.

[:P]

OTBC

[quote user="dpit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can assure you that there are enough stones on both Mustique and Bequia apart from Mick & Co.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck is God"] None of us complained back in the "dark old days" because we knew they were out there doing their best.[/quote]Yep! We were sooo happy. That''s why cushions were thrown on the pitch on a regular basis! We''ve always been wailing, whingeing, whining and whimpering for as long as I can remember. It''s just easier to remember the best bits though.[/quote]

This is not a thread for you merchants of doom.

Nor grumpy old City Stand cushion tossers.[/quote]Just had to bring a bit of realism to the thread. You and Cluck of all people getting optimistic about the coming season, whatever next? [;)]