Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Matt Gill,Archant and Fans expectations......

Now this is in no way a dig at Matt Gill who i really hope becomes a decent signing for us but I''ve noticed over the last few days since his signing that he''s had 5 out of seven back page headlines in the Locals! As i said i really hope the lad does well but has our great club really sunk to such lows as to warrant the need to keep going on about a freebie from EXETER who failed to cut it at the mighty NOTTS COUNTY? As for Archant well i''m starting to agree with certain Journo''s about your lack of efforts to get some good stories. We are in the worse situation in decades and no one can come up with better headlines than the continuing over reacting to the next great savior Gill! Any chance of a comment from the Boardroom? or is that way past your journo boundaries? I''m not going to say to much about the lad as i really can''t comment but if all the excitement the city fans get carried away with when ever a player signs is to go by well i honestly believe many have only themselves to blame for our current predicament. Us as fans should always support our players but please try to be more realistic in your approach.

Don''t blame the club. They are damned when they say nothing about new signings and damned when they do. It''s Archant''s fault if anyone''s. The journalists have to find stories even when they don''t exist. Old news is not old news if it''s only a few days old and relates to the only new signing so far. Blank sports pages will not sell papers. Much the same applies to this message board at the moment.

I was thinking the same too Art. All these articles on one player is mad, can you imagine what it will be like if Hucks came back? But tis the time for silly season.

[quote user="Binky"]Don''t blame the club. They are damned when they say nothing about new signings and damned when they do. It''s Archant''s fault if anyone''s. The journalists have to find stories even when they don''t exist. Old news is not old news if it''s only a few days old and relates to the only new signing so far. Blank sports pages will not sell papers. Much the same applies to this message board at the moment.
[/quote]

Well the Club takes most of the blame as i''m sure we and Archant wouldn''t be getting over excited about a freebie from Exeter if we were still a respectable team do you not think?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

Seems like some people just can''t stop moaning.

[/quote]

Well it seems some people are prepared to settle for anything. I''m not knocking Gill all i''m saying is i can''t understand the excitement surrounding him and it clearly sums up the depths this once great club has fallen but you''re clearly not in the mood to remove those blinkers are you MF? Its a reasonable point i''m making but if your not going to add weight to it don''t bother commenting please.[:)]

Ok Arthur, he''s a freebie from Exeter who has been the backbone of a team winning consecutive promotions from difficult leagues.''We'' may look down on them from our lofty heights but it''s not been an easy ride for Exeter. They''ve done it on skill and commitment - somewhat lacking around these parts lately?And Archant, bless ''em, are going to make all they can out of any story eminating from the closed corridors of Carra. That''s their job!

I think it is probably just a case of no news is good news, unfortunately no news doesnt sell papers. My blame lays with Archant, it is them that you are buying the paper from, which is why I dont  bother buying it any more!  If there isnt any current Norwich news, then they should just have a decent interview with a former player...... we have thousands of them, personally I would rather read an interview with David Nielson then read the same thing three days in a row.

Far be it for me to speak out of tune here but.........the EDP is a seriously wonderful local newspaper which features great stories about Norfolk and the surrounding area.

It is the close season and it''s actually quite nice to read about our area and summer activities therein rather than what Delia Smith is spouting on about and who we might just sign from Bognor Regis or worse.

Lets just enjoy not being humiliated every day at least until August?

I''m just sayin''..............[:^)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

Now this is in no way a dig at Matt Gill who i really hope becomes a decent signing for us but I''ve noticed over the last few days since his signing that he''s had 5 out of seven back page headlines in the Locals! As i said i really hope the lad does well but has our great club really sunk to such lows as to warrant the need to keep going on about a freebie from EXETER who failed to cut it at the mighty NOTTS COUNTY? As for Archant well i''m starting to agree with certain Journo''s about your lack of efforts to get some good stories. We are in the worse situation in decades and no one can come up with better headlines than the continuing over reacting to the next great savior Gill! Any chance of a comment from the Boardroom? or is that way past your journo boundaries? I''m not going to say to much about the lad as i really can''t comment but if all the excitement the city fans get carried away with when ever a player signs is to go by well i honestly believe many have only themselves to blame for our current predicament. Us as fans should always support our players but please try to be more realistic in your approach.

[/quote]Great post Totally agree [Y]

We should be trying to keep it quiet when we are signing players like this not shouting it from the rooftops , i find it eather embarrassing that this is now the type of player we are having to sign .Norwich City are at an all time low and doing nothing to put things right , we will be league 1 for years to come.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]We should be trying to keep it quiet when we are signing players like this not shouting it from the rooftops[/quote]It''s not just about signing players. People get the newsapaper they demand. In Norfolk the majority aren''t interested in seeking out a story, they just want face value reporting of things when they happen (across all aspects of life, not just football).It would seem that our local papers do not investigate or probe, in any way.It''s a shame. A newspaper has the option of being the voice of the fans, and in reality ours is. Sitting by, just letting things happen.

It would be great to see some of you sit on the other side of the fence and do the job for a while. I''d love to see what comes out.There are regular work experience slots - you''d be more than welcome [;)]

[quote user="mbncfc"]It would be great to see some of you sit on the other side of the fence and do the job for a while. I''d love to see what comes out.There are regular work experience slots - you''d be more than welcome [;)][/quote]You mean do the job for free?   [:(]

[quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"][quote user="mbncfc"]It would be great to see some of you sit on the other side of the fence and do the job for a while. I''d love to see what comes out.There are regular work experience slots - you''d be more than welcome [;)][/quote]You mean do the job for free?   [:(][/quote]Yep. You''d have to prove yourself first, with months of free work experience. Just like every trainee out there.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

Seems like some people just can''t stop moaning.

[/quote]

Well it seems some people are prepared to settle for anything. I''m not knocking Gill all i''m saying is i can''t understand the excitement surrounding him and it clearly sums up the depths this once great club has fallen but you''re clearly not in the mood to remove those blinkers are you MF? Its a reasonable point i''m making but if your not going to add weight to it don''t bother commenting please.[:)]

[/quote]Pssst! Arthur Mustachio Furioso was formerly known as ''\Mange Tout'' and ''Delia S. Tickers'', you''re wasting your time.