Sign in to follow this  
hardley

City Player perhaps

Australia is in the World Cup Finals having overcome the best that Asia could find.

David Carney was outstanding in the most recent world cup match in Sydney and added to his performance by scoring the second goal.

Cannot see him willing to play in League 1 as think this might affect his chances of going to the world cup.

What more than not playing at all?Not sure that the league level would effect his chances considering the standard and ability of the Australian international team. In a way they remind me of Wales in that they have two or three top quality players but the rest of the squad being made up of players from lower leagues.Carney would be better off going somewhere he will get regular first team football. That may be with us or there may be another team in the champ that would take him on. Not sure he has much of a future at Shef Utd though.

No way, what the hell has he done to justify a contract with us?  One of the passionless and lazy bastards that couldnt be bothered to break a sweat, we would be mugs to sign him on a permanent and we could do better. 

[quote user="rjwc22"]Cannot see him willing to play in League 1 as think this might affect his chances of going to the world cup.[/quote]

I disagree. Pim Verbeek says that players need to be playing regularly to be picked. He''d have more chance being picked for the World Cup squad starting every week in League1 than he would being a fringe player in the Championship.

He''d also have more chance being picked playing League1 in England, than if he were to come back here and play A League in Australia! The quality difference is huge!

Still, as stated above, he''ll leave England and head to Europe.

Screw that, he was RUBBISH for us and as has already been pointed out he was lazy and generally a waste of space. It''s players of his attitude who need to be eradicated from our club, not brought into it.

quote user Norfolk&Chance

He was one of our best in a very poor side though.

I''m pretty sure he''ll head to Europe, most likely Turkey or Belgum.

What games were you watching where he played well? every time I saw him he looked bloody awful, his passing was shocking, couldn''t cross, couldn''t tackle, total lightweight so was easily dispossessed, no pace whatsoever. He always looked like he was trying hard but the guy was useless! 

Who were Australia playing in this qualifier? East Timor?