Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

fozzy is a muh better player then gill

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

The worse thing that could have happened for Fozzy was that "Fozzy Flick" thing.

I think some of us were looking forward to another Ian Crook, a Liam Brady, that sort of midfielder-creative, skilful, long passes through the eye of the proverbial needle and a playmaker.

None of which is him or his game. He is what Cantona referred to Deschamps as, a "water carrier". Get hold of the ball and give it to someone who can actually do something with it. If he came with that objective, if that was the game plan and tactic for him, it might have worked-as it is, when he got the ball, all he could do is give it to another water carrier, a Clingan (albeit a slightly better one), a Russell, a Pattison, water carriers all and a midfield that generally featured players who might get hold of the ball but had little option in what to do with it, and, all too often, got caught out or lost possession.

Megson is a similar player, he was lucky enough to play alongside Crook, so, when he got the ball, it would have been "oh fuck,I''ve got the bloody ball again, where''s Chippy? -luckily, as Chippy rarely wandered out of the centre circle, he knew where to find him.

Thus Crook made Megson look OK. As David Williams would have done with Peter Mendham-and, going back to Brady, players like Brian Talbot and Steve Walford (who later played for us) alongside him. Every team needs it''s Fozzy-type player, I just think we had too many of them at the same time.

[/quote]

I love posts like the above because they show observational skills and make a lot of sense.What we''ve been lacking for too many seasons is an exceptional attacking midfielder.

ACE

Get a grip. If you think fozzy is a good player shows how much you kno about Football.

Fozzy couldnt

1.Tackle

2.Pass

3.Win a header

4.Shoot

5.read the game

6.N pace

How can you say he is a good player and for people to say a holding midfielder hahahahaha

He couldnt hold down his own shit.

I thought a holding midfielder is somebody like essien makelele who are athletic not fozzy

How can anyone say that Gill is a better player than Fozzy (or vice versa?)   None of us have seen him play or really know his ability.   This smacks of the adulation that Julian Brellier recieved when he joined!

Read Robert N Lims reply again,  it is spot on.  Fozzy could perform to a champs level,  last season he did not as his (and clingans) scope was limited by having too similar a central midfield partner when an attacking partner was needed,  that neither Clingan or Fozzy looked any good when together shows their limitations.

Fozzy can perform at Champs level,  but like the whole squad as too inconsistent and his attitude caught up with him last season,  Gill has yet to prove his worth in League One.   

[quote user="Norwich74"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Fozzy the crab man, could only pass backwards and sideways, need I say more lol.[/quote]
Maybe he should play rugby then ? :D
[/quote]

lol no that''s Doc''s forte [:D]

sorry lincoln  from what i have heard of gill he is a better prospect than fotheringham .

i didnt rate fotheringham at all i would be glad to see the back of him to be honest .