Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

fozzy is a muh better player then gill

oh dear oh dear, all that stick so called fans gave him in the end forcing him to leave. and now we end up with a player he has played his peak football in the conference and league two.

every one is saying how commited gill will be and thats the most important thing, well fozzy was cleary the most commited player weve had over the last two years yet that wasnt good enough for most. im affraid a full of confidence on form fozzy is 3 times the player of matty gill.

fans made fozzy a scapegoat for no reason, the guy was instrumental in our 13 match unbeaten run under roeder.

end of chat!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

oh dear oh dear, all that stick so called fans gave him in the end forcing him to leave. and now we end up with a player he has played his peak football in the conference and league two.

every one is saying how commited gill will be and thats the most important thing, well fozzy was cleary the most commited player weve had over the last two years yet that wasnt good enough for most. im affraid a full of confidence on form fozzy is 3 times the player of matty gill.

fans made fozzy a scapegoat for no reason, the guy was instrumental in our 13 match unbeaten run under roeder.

end of chat!

[/quote]

Absolute codswallop. At least he wants to be here. You''ve obviously not seen Fotheringham play. He couldn''t trap a bag of cement

end of chat!

[/quote]only thing is, this ''form'' buisiness you talk about never happened with Fozzy, whilst i''m happy we''ve taken a gamble on Gill, it will by no means certainly work out well for him. I much prefer having Gill at the club than that overpaid waster Fozzy.

While i don''t think Fozzy was as bad as some people have made him out to be, i also don''t agree with your point that he was a better player for us than Gill will be.

end of chat!

[/quote]!

you''ve hit the nail on the head

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

end of chat!

[/quote]!

you''ve hit the nail on the head

[/quote]

What would you know?

No School today NANAMAN?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Fozzy the crab man, could only pass backwards and sideways, need I say more lol.[/quote]And had no interest in playing for the shirt

end of chat!

[/quote]Did you ever see Fozzy play? [:P]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Fozzy the crab man, could only pass backwards and sideways, need I say more lol.[/quote]Thats very generous of you WAY!The man couldn''t pass nor shoot, he was fairly weak and small, his timing in the tackle was terrible, couldn''t read the game to save his life, he was a bad and destructive influence when things got tough, and as captain his mood lost us many many games.If you want the honest truth, for the amount of times i''ve seen that man pass a ball that went at least 10 yards from any other player in a yellow and green shirt, for the amount of times when he''d flail his arms about, go into a strop, and shout and moan at all the players around him, when he was clearly the problem, i must say that the mere sight of his face now sickens me. I honestly believe that he was an integral part of our eventual relegation, both on the playing side, and in the dressing room. He was a joke, and the wages we were paying him seems extrodinarily incompetent. He may as well have the words "Utter Disgrace" stamped on his forehead.How he''s still in the job is beyond me.If Gill can pass a ball properly he''s already a better player in my books.

end of chat!

[/quote]

What an absolute load of tripe. I don''t see any top level Championships snapping up Fotheringham as soon as he was released. Derby and Espanyol, a team who are along the same lines as a lower Scottish prem level are offering him trials. The move to Norwich City in the first place flattered Fotheringham. 

end of chat!

[/quote]Is this the same guy who would only sign a 12 month contract last summer?

What are you on about Lincoln Canary and banana person ? Fotheringham is pants. He can''t pass the ball forward and he has a rubbish attitude. He had no passion for the club so im happy to see the back of him. Gill is a player that wants to be here and i have a feeling he will be a good asset for us.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Fozzy the crab man, could only pass backwards and sideways, need I say more lol.[/quote]

NO NO NO, i have said this many a time, all of the team pass backwards, and after one major rant about how bad he was from about 80% of this forums members, next game i counted his passes, he only misplaced 1, and passed forwards as much as backwards (and someone needs to pass sideways, or there is no point in wingers is there?)

And yet one of if not the best individual performance of recent times was Fozzy against Southampton where he came on as sub and took the game by storm before getting injured.

Yes, most of last season he was poor and part of the problem not the solution.  Equally, there is undoubtedly a very good player in there and perhaps he will find his form again.

Against that, he has been to several clubs and failed so perhaps he is another Jarrett or Francis.

[quote user="Destort"]

What an Espanyol, a team who are along the same lines as a lower Scottish prem level are offering him trials. [/quote]

... Your kidding me right? Espanyol finished 10th in La Liga and beat Barca in their league game, thats an outright stupid comment to say they''re a lower SPL side as La Liga is a much stronger division that the SPL will ever be.

The only questionable thing about Espanyol is why on earth they''d even look at someone like Fozzy.

Apparently it needs saying again.

1) Fozzy is a decent holding midfield player.

2) The season before last he was instrumental in keeping us up.

3) Roeder bought Clingan, who is a very similar player to Fotheringham, just better.

4) Therefore, Fotheringham no longer had a place in the team.

5) When he partnered Clingan, neither of them got forward, both passed it sideways, we looked rubbish.

6) When he came on in place of Clingan (for instance in the game where Doc got sent off and Clingan moved back to defence), he played extremely well.

7) He had an extremely poor season last year, partly because of reasons 3 4 and 5.

8) But his response to justified criticism from the fans was disgraceful.

9) We will never know how well Gunn handled the situation. Many applauded his freezing out of Fozzy and Pattison. Others (including me) wondered if we could afford to rule out two decent players (each with their own issues) in the situation we were in.

10) If Gill is a more talented player than Fozzy I will be very surprised. At the very least I would expect him to put more effort in than Fozzy did in the latter part of last season.

Fozzy was one of the worst C.M if not the worst I have ever seen at Carrow Road. What the hell have you been watching. Michael Kightly came from non-league football and 3 seasons later is playing premiership football. Plus Fozzy was one of the highest earners at the club and being the worst player at the club that doesn''t add up. Pull your head out your ARSE!!!

end of chat!

[/quote]

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="Destort"]

What an Espanyol, a team who are along the same lines as a lower Scottish prem level are offering him trials. [/quote]

... Your kidding me right? Espanyol finished 10th in La Liga and beat Barca in their league game, thats an outright stupid comment to say they''re a lower SPL side as La Liga is a much stronger division that the SPL will ever be.

The only questionable thing about Espanyol is why on earth they''d even look at someone like Fozzy.

[/quote]

We beat Man Utd, it doesn''t make us a higher calibre of team. The bottom half of La Liga is attrocious and your comment comes from someone who probably just watched these teams play Real, Villareal, Atletico and Barca.

The worse thing that could have happened for Fozzy was that "Fozzy Flick" thing.

I think some of us were looking forward to another Ian Crook, a Liam Brady, that sort of midfielder-creative, skilful, long passes through the eye of the proverbial needle and a playmaker.

None of which is him or his game. He is what Cantona referred to Deschamps as, a "water carrier". Get hold of the ball and give it to someone who can actually do something with it. If he came with that objective, if that was the game plan and tactic for him, it might have worked-as it is, when he got the ball, all he could do is give it to another water carrier, a Clingan (albeit a slightly better one), a Russell, a Pattison, water carriers all and a midfield that generally featured players who might get hold of the ball but had little option in what to do with it, and, all too often, got caught out or lost possession.

Megson is a similar player, he was lucky enough to play alongside Crook, so, when he got the ball, it would have been "oh fuck,I''ve got the bloody ball again, where''s Chippy? -luckily, as Chippy rarely wandered out of the centre circle, he knew where to find him.

Thus Crook made Megson look OK. As David Williams would have done with Peter Mendham-and, going back to Brady, players like Brian Talbot and Steve Walford (who later played for us) alongside him. Every team needs it''s Fozzy-type player, I just think we had too many of them at the same time.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Apparently it needs saying again.

10) If Gill is a more talented player than Fozzy I will be very surprised. At the very least I would expect him to put more effort in than Fozzy did in the latter part of last season.[/quote]Well, if he''s any less talented then he will be indeed be poor. The comments coming in so far - eg from Exeter fans - suggest this will not be the case. I agree Fotheringham could have been a useful squad player (on lowish wages) but Roeder''s promotion of him to captain was stupid. A decent, Championship level player who has justifiably been captain for his club and is available on a free - should be able to pick and choose his next club. Again, Fotheringham''s current options suggest that will not be the case either.

Everyone who has posted that Fozzy is a decent player does not have a clue about football.

He is the worst player ive seen put a Norwich City shirt on.

Open your eyes you r*tards and for him to be our captain and highest earner was a disgrace to this football club. He I believe was a major factor in the decline of this football club as it sets a bad mood around the club when you have a tosser like that milking it from us.

His agent must be the best in the game to link him to Espanyol.

end of chat!

[/quote]

without seeing gill play i dont think u could possibly say tht fotheringham is better...9 goals from midfield in league two proves that he is much more attack minded than fotheringham who might hav worked hard but never rely managed to ever create anything

fozzy was cleary the most commited player weve had over the last two years end

[/quote]

What the flip? Did ypu actually see any games in the last 2 years, Up there with Hooze and Derveld as one of the worst palyers I have ever seen given regular games in a city shirt. Just cos he did a trick once in a Celtic RESERVE game doesn''t make him good, Hopefully he''ll flip off back to jockland where their league is so crap even he will look like a good player!

Jesus, if you think Fotheringham was the worst midfielder ever at CR, then not only are you blind and simple, but you obviously missed the years when players such as Grant and Carey were there...[quote user="coops"]

Fozzy was one of the worst C.M if not the worst I have ever seen at Carrow Road. What the hell have you been watching. Michael Kightly came from non-league football and 3 seasons later is playing premiership football. Plus Fozzy was one of the highest earners at the club and being the worst player at the club that doesn''t add up. Pull your head out your ARSE!!!

end of chat!

[/quote][/quote]

Not a clue about football?  There is only one retard in this thread and its you I am afraid.He was not that bad, he was played in a poor team, usually with another holding midfielder - of course he looked poor.  Have you forgotten the horrors of Andy Hughes, Brellier for example?

[quote user="21 year old city fan"]

Everyone who has posted that Fozzy is a decent player does not have a clue about football.

He is the worst player ive seen put a Norwich City shirt on.

Open your eyes you r*tards and for him to be our captain and highest earner was a disgrace to this football club. He I believe was a major factor in the decline of this football club as it sets a bad mood around the club when you have a tosser like that milking it from us.

His agent must be the best in the game to link him to Espanyol.

[/quote]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Fozzy the crab man, could only pass backwards and sideways, need I say more lol.[/quote]BollocksPeople who have a broader view of the game and who see the bigger picture will note that if Fozzy''s passing game has resorted to sideways and backwards passes it is not because he has become a crap player, it is the team he is playing in and his options.Fozzy was qouted this season as saying that without Huckerby on the left he has found it much more difficult to play the forward attacking pass as Hucks was always in space and available for the pass, and he said his job has been much harder this season without him. With Hoolahan always coming in field and wanting the ball short and Croft always wanting the ball in his own half Fozzy''s options were always the shorter sideways pass.Our complete lack of a forward line as well hasnt helped. With no Hucks or Dion or Ched Evans to pass to and with Hoolahan wandering no wonder Fozzy''s forward passing game suffered. Add on Roeder''s effect on his confidence and its no wonder his performance level dropped this season.Unfortunately most fans dont appreciate this and just see Fozzy playing badly and playing sideways passes and think its all just Fozzy being crap.