Sign in to follow this  
Brian Gunns Hair

Just seen Shackel at ...

The Norfolk Fitness centre where the old Agua Park was near Asda, he was playing tennis with Greg Crane, an ex Norwich Trainie. Does this mean he still loves Norfolk and would love a move back home!

[quote user="Brian Gunns Hair"]The Norfolk Fitness centre where the old Agua Park was near Asda, he was playing tennis with Greg Crane, an ex Norwich Trainie. Does this mean he still loves Norfolk and would love a move back home![/quote]who''s Shackel?

I don''t think he would be up there playing with Crane because my Dad has been round his Dad''s today becuase they know each other frm stock rod racing, and Greg has been out with some of the other Lynn lads today. However i would love to see Shackell return as he fits into the Norwich squad so well here compared to at Wolves.

grant lived  at Fritton just south of Hempnall but dont know if he still does  obiously soon looking at property around Glasgow when Mowbray takes over at Celtic

I know ncfc is in shackells heart, but why would a £1m rated premier league player want to join a league 1 team? if he leaves wolves he will go to a high championship or even low prem team.

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

Yeh I believe Grant does still live in Norwich as his son still goes to school where my sixth form is.

[/quote]

His son plays for the academy does he not?

we''re a well run football club not a charity case

500k and he''s yours

wont be staying with us if someone is mad enough to buy him off us

i think best chance you have of getting him is if we get no buyers so he sent out on Loan next season

If we had a back 5 of :Rudd- GKSpillane- RBStefanovic-CBShackell (loan or perm) CBDrury LB next year I''d be happy. If we dont get Shax then I''d happily have Doherty instead.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]its his home, his parents live here so he wants to stay with them for a few weeks before he decides his future![/quote]

Excuse his parents do not live in the City or in the County of Norfolk!

used to live in a house of a friend of mine (who works on Ipswich Road) as a lodger and is still having young players stay with them too!  

besides whe could be staying in Norwich seeeing old friends... whilst he was on loan he stayed in a hotel!

[quote user="CT "]If we had a back 5 of :Rudd- GKSpillane- RBStefanovic-CBShackell (loan or perm) CBDrury LB next year I''d be happy. If we dont get Shax then I''d happily have Doherty instead.[/quote]

Drury will play 2 or 3 games and miss 10 we should unload his high wages he is on a 4 year contract we need pace at the back not an injury prone liability

yes drury got injured during 07/08 season but he didn''t play a lot last year because roeder did not play him not because he was injured, strange how you can just dismiss a player like that despite his commitment to this club

[quote user="ryan1992"]

I know ncfc is in shackells heart, but why would a £1m rated premier league player want to join a league 1 team? if he leaves wolves he will go to a high championship or even low prem team.

[/quote]

or help HIS team back up!

[quote user="we8wba"]

500k and he''s yours

i think best chance you have of getting him is if we get no buyers so he sent out on Loan next season

[/quote]

And you reckon that you paid that £1m outright?  Its more likely that you still owe us 500k, and we agreed to write it off in return for him coming back ...... await ''undisclosed fee''!

[quote user="pliff"][quote user="CT "]If we had a back 5 of :Rudd- GKSpillane- RBStefanovic-CBShackell (loan or perm) CBDrury LB next year I''d be happy. If we dont get Shax then I''d happily have Doherty instead.[/quote]

Drury will play 2 or 3 games and miss 10 we should unload his high wages he is on a 4 year contract we need pace at the back not an injury prone liability[/quote]

Drury isn''t injury prone, just had a nasty long term injury that shudn''t come back to haunt him. Also, shacks would happily come back to us, it''s just that is doesn''t make financial sense to bring him back yet, given wolves will probs want 500k at least foe him, far better getting llera and/or nelson instead. Honestly believe him, lita, lee and clingan would happily play for us next season but would be plesantly suprised if any of them did

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="we8wba"]

500k and he''s yours

[/quote]

And you reckon that you paid that £1m outright?  Its more likely that you still owe us 500k, and we agreed to write it off in return for him coming back ...... await ''undisclosed fee''!

[/quote]

Of course we paid you off, we''re not a banjo club, we''re not struggling for money!

[quote user="glove1"]must be something about our beloved county as worthington is even still here! (north norfolk)[/quote]

Yes, I saw Worthy at Norwich station just a few weeks ago, he was talking to somebody on his mobile phone.