Sign in to follow this  
StevoM

A Hartlepool View on Mikey Nelson.

Been with us 6 seasons now and was absolutely brilliant at first, the

past 2 seasons I''ve been very disappointed with him. Isn''t really

consistent at all, slow and shockingly poor distribution, as in just

hoofs it aimlessly forward at all times.

He''s been saddled with some poor defensive partners but they can''t take

the blame for his bad performances, maybe he just needs a change of

scenery but I wouldn''t be too upset if he left.----------------------------------------------------------------------------Based on that comment I think I would rather stick with Doc. 

hmm... it''s hard to know if this is a fair assessment of him as i am sure the fan who wrote this knows he is leaving. However, if that is the general opinion of all the hartlepool fans it is certainly a worry.for the record i would pprefer to see whitbread if we could afford him or, trotman from preston.. both are very good all round centre backs. Also i would be happy to see Baldwin of colchester sign for us... maybe we could give them cureton?

[quote user="Dave"]Been with us 6 seasons now and was absolutely brilliant at first, the

past 2 seasons I''ve been very disappointed with him. Isn''t really

consistent at all, slow and shockingly poor distribution, as in just

hoofs it aimlessly forward at all times.

He''s been saddled with some poor defensive partners but they can''t take

the blame for his bad performances, maybe he just needs a change of

scenery but I wouldn''t be too upset if he left.----------------------------------------------------------------------------Based on that comment I think I would rather stick with Doc.  [/quote]

Thats the norwich way isnt it [;)]

[quote user="Mutley"]Dave your Avatar has just made me slightly nautious!!!  [+o(][/quote]

Lol, it,s hillarious! Nelson from that sounds like doherty.

I reckon if he keeps at the standard he''s been rated as, he''ll be a good, solid top half player but no more. Might be the stability we need in this league, the next malkay perhaps. I''ve got a feeling if we can keep stefanovic to partner him, get a goalscorer and keep clinkers for at least half a season, we''''ll be straight back up, without that, i just don''t see the light yet sadly. Who knows if the replacements will do us proud tho.

I''d be happy to gamble and give clingan a 4 year 15k per week deal to be honest, a replacement may be possible but i''ve got that much faith in him that i reckon a team with him will be a solid championship team at worst in 3 years time

[quote user="The Chirp"]hmm... it''s hard to know if this is a fair assessment of him as i am sure the fan who wrote this knows he is leaving.

However, if that is the general opinion of all the hartlepool fans it is certainly a worry.

for the record i would pprefer to see whitbread if we could afford him or, trotman from preston.. both are very good all round centre backs.

Also i would be happy to see Baldwin of colchester sign for us... maybe we could give them cureton?
[/quote]

i would still rather have fozzy!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]hmm... it''s hard to know if this is a fair assessment of him as i am sure the fan who wrote this knows he is leaving.

However, if that is the general opinion of all the hartlepool fans it is certainly a worry.

for the record i would pprefer to see whitbread if we could afford him or, trotman from preston.. both are very good all round centre backs.

Also i would be happy to see Baldwin of colchester sign for us... maybe we could give them cureton?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Says it all about you - so many posts, so little time

We don''t need another slow centre half; we already have Dejan and Doherty, so surely a younger player with a bit of pace would be a more sensible option; not paerticularly impressed!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''ve just given up the right to a sensible opinion in that statement.

They gave this assessment about him to Leicester and Leeds fans last summer when we were interested in him, i didnt see in anything in our 3 meetings with them to change my mind.