Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

Is this a turning point?

At last we seem to have appointed a Chief Executive who meets with universal approval from us, wouldn''t it be great if the Board had finally got the message and made the right type of appointments in future ? Does this appointment mark a turning point or was it just luck?

You can only call something a turning point when looking back at an event, hopefully in the future we can look back at this appointment and say it was the time when Norwich City turned the corner and made the correct appointments again...

Exactly. If we do really well next season, we can look at this as a turning point. At the moment, it just looks like a good point in our current situation.

[quote user="John Morlar"]At last we seem to have appointed a Chief Executive who meets with universal approval from us, wouldn''t it be great if the Board had finally got the message and made the right type of appointments in future ? Does this appointment mark a turning point or was it just luck?[/quote]Don''t get carried away. It''s players who are going to win games not the CEO even if he''s a good un.[;)]

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]Exactly. If we do really well next season, we can look at this as a turning point. At the moment, it just looks like a good point in our current situation.[/quote]``No, i dont think we can. If we do well next season then i highly doubt we''ll all turn round and go @ "it''s all thanks to the chief exec we signed pre season''. its most likely we''ll all refer to the playing staff, management, or even investors.``However, it is a good appointment and something im slightly shocked about as i didnt expect it.

Too many times last season i heard the phrase "this is the turning point for us" so no it''s not, but todays appointment is a good base on which to build.