Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

In the end, who's club is it?

In the end, who''s club is it?

Ours or theirs?

When we start to think seriously about this and come to the correct conclusion, then it will become far more likely that Norwich City Football Club will re-discover it''s soul and rise again.

Think about it.

I challenge you all.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]When we start to think seriously about this and come to the correct conclusion, [/quote]Who decides what "the correct conclusion" is Bly? You? Seriously! [:^)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]When we start to think seriously about this and come to the correct conclusion, [/quote]Who decides what "the correct conclusion" is Bly? You? Seriously! [:^)][/quote]

Why don''t you try and discuss the question Lappy - and seek an answer?

Or are you afraid of where your thoughts may lead you?

OTBC

They do harp on about being stewards or custdoians of the club. sorta looking after it for the fans, I honestly think those days are long gone, when it was thought it was the fans club with the money that is now involved.  Gone are the days when Carrow Roads board more or less relied on the Old Supporters Club to cash up some money or parade round with a blanket collecting at half time.   I did feel a part of the club then, was a member of the Supporters Club, a great place for social and the beer was a bit cheaper too.I think the club is removed from the average supporter and gone over to those with the money who claim to be fans.  All I know I have seen a hell of a lot of board members, chairmen, managers and players leave by one way or another, and I am still there and the club is too.  Whether the old spirit will ever return I don''t know, I can only hope.

I would have thought the answer to this question to be very simple.At the end of the day, Delia and MWJ are the majority shareholders, therefore they own the majority of he club.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]When we start to think seriously about this and come to the correct conclusion, [/quote]Who decides what "the correct conclusion" is Bly? You? Seriously! [:^)][/quote]

OTBC[/quote]Ok then, I will...................

But you go first! [;)]

[quote user="Dave"]I would have thought the answer to this question to be very simple.

At the end of the day, Delia and MWJ are the majority shareholders, therefore they own the majority of he club.
[/quote]

And if we go into administration who will be still be there? Us or them?

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC[/quote]Ok then, I will...................

But you go first! [;)]

[/quote]

Sorry Lappy, but I''m not a lady.

So you go ahead.

OTBC

Us. But, being here after administration doesn''t make us the owners in any way, shape, or form. Delia and MWJ are the owners, legally its there club. You could argue that "morally" its ours but sadly that''s not going to make a difference.

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]Us. But, being here after administration doesn''t make us the owners in any way, shape, or form. Delia and MWJ are the owners, legally its there club. You could argue that "morally" its ours but sadly that''s not going to make a difference.[/quote]

Legally theirs but morally (and thus effectively ours - in the end)?. Now that''s an interesting channel to explore.

OTBC

They are just us with share ownership so its ours as they are included in the collective.

Hope this clears it up for you, now you can move on to something else.

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]
They do harp on about being stewards or custdoians of the club. sorta looking after it for the fans, I honestly think those days are long gone, when it was thought it was the fans club with the money that is now involved.  Gone are the days when Carrow Roads board more or less relied on the Old Supporters Club to cash up some money or parade round with a blanket collecting at half time.   I did feel a part of the club then, was a member of the Supporters Club, a great place for social and the beer was a bit cheaper too.

I think the club is removed from the average supporter and gone over to those with the money who claim to be fans. 

All I know I have seen a hell of a lot of board members, chairmen, managers and players leave by one way or another, and I am still there and the club is too.  Whether the old spirit will ever return I don''t know, I can only hope.
[/quote]

This lot will pass on too in time, kenny.

And you and I and our progeny will still be there.

When the spirit will return is the biggest mystery. But return it will.

OTBC

They do harp on about being stewards or custdoians of the club. sorta looking after it for the fans, I honestly think those days are long gone, when it was thought it was the fans club with the money that is now involved.  Gone are the days when Carrow Roads board more or less relied on the Old Supporters Club to cash up some money or parade round with a blanket collecting at half time.   I did feel a part of the club then, was a member of the Supporters Club, a great place for social and the beer was a bit cheaper too.

I think the club is removed from the average supporter and gone over to those with the money who claim to be fans. 

All I know I have seen a hell of a lot of board members, chairmen, managers and players leave by one way or another, and I am still there and the club is too.  Whether the old spirit will ever return I don''t know, I can only hope.
[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

You and Kenny and your progeny, thats not very many.

Have you become them and the rest of us are now not part of your club?

In the end, who''s club is it?

Ours or theirs?

When we start to think seriously about this and come to the correct conclusion, then it will become far more likely that Norwich City Football Club will re-discover it''s soul and rise again.

Think about it.

I challenge you all.

OTBC

[/quote]

It''s our club Bly.....just as Norwich is our City....just as Norfolk is our County.

Just because we don''t personally own them it does not mean they are not ours. The same applies to NCFC... it is a birthright that no one individual can claim as exclusively theirs...especially if they come from Surrey and live in Suffolk.

It is a spiritual thing... not a media brand as some would have us believe.

Its our club BBB always has been and always will be [:D]

I knew I could count on Cluck and Angel.

Understanding what they understand is the key to a newly successful future for our club. But how to spread that understanding is difficult in this modern world. What I do know is that focus and repetition is important.

I see old Lappinitup is copping out - again. Whoy-yoy!!

OTBC

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

You and Kenny and your progeny, thats not very many.

Have you become them and the rest of us are now not part of your club?

[/quote]

Squit, Squit.

OTBC

It must be your club Bly. You have almost a 50% share of this thread and no doubt will be well on your way to exceeding 60% by the time you''re done.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]It must be your club Bly. You have almost a 50% share of this thread and no doubt will be well on your way to exceeding 60% by the time you''re done.[/quote]

Maybe he worries you but I greatly enjoy my interaction with Bly on here and feel he shares a genuine passion for all things Norwich.... not just NCFC. Being a "local" Norwich City supporter goes way deeper than simply eleven men running around in a yellow shirt for 90 minutes... but then you wouldn''t know about that would you?

Sad that you sit on your fat arse across the Atlantic (?) commenting on things which only a trivial mind would concern himself with. But then that''s you pious Yanks all over isn''t it?

Understanding what they understand is the key to a newly successful future for our club. But how to spread that understanding is difficult in this modern world. What I do know is that focus and repetition is important.

OTBC

[/quote]

Just because they agree with you does not make them right. Funny thing is, in my mind it''s my (our) club but legally it''s owned by those holding the shares in it. So, most people would "understand what they understand" but how does that form the "key to a newly successful future for our club"? At the end of the day you say a lot but end up saying nothing, I fear it''s an attention thing.

Is it?  I''m bored with your nonsense question already....[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]Us. But, being here after administration doesn''t make us the owners in any way, shape, or form. Delia and MWJ are the owners, legally its there club. You could argue that "morally" its ours but sadly that''s not going to make a difference.[/quote]

Legally theirs but morally (and thus effectively ours - in the end)?. Now that''s an interesting channel to explore.

OTBC

[/quote]

[quote user="ACE"]Is it?  I''m bored with your nonsense question already....

OTBC

[/quote][/quote]

Then why bother to address it, Billy Dreamer?

Dear, oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Just because they agree with you does not make them right. Funny thing is, in my mind it''s my (our) club but legally it''s owned by those holding the shares in it. So, most people would "understand what they understand" but how does that form the "key to a newly successful future for our club"? At the end of the day you say a lot but end up saying nothing, I fear it''s an attention thing.

[/quote]

Mind over matter is the most powerful force in the world, but evidently you don''t know it.

OTBC

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]It must be your club Bly. You have almost a 50% share of this thread and no doubt will be well on your way to exceeding 60% by the time you''re done.[/quote]

So I''m not to engage with my respondents, Yankee?

Seems like a very stupid thing to suggest.

But of course it will earn you some cheap brownie points with the coterie of appeasers and happy clappers on this message board..

OTBC

Legally it is the shareholder''s club and we are paying customers. Morally, emotionally and culturally it goes far deeper than this of course. It is an interesting question however, and imo, explains some of the angst and debate expressed on this site about issues such as the rebate. If the "customer model" fully applied, the whole rebate issue would have been a "no brainer" even to people like me. I wouldn''t make a contribution to Tescos in the hpe that they would use this money to shorten queues! The fact that some won''t claim their rebate and others even contemplated it but rejected it on principled grounds (cf NCISA stance) shows that the simple customer model does not apply.

Blimey don''t people try and make more out of it,  it was a good question,  simply done for discussion among supposedly fellow canaries, I have seen a lot worse stuff posted on here.  Yes BBB, one day it will return and hopefully some supporters will feel apart of things again.I sat at the Coventry game, feeling totally detatched, watching a City team that in truth really wasn''t  go through the motions, some couldn''t be bothered to do that as witnessed by stomping off down the tunnell like a kid called in by his parents.  I felt like I was sitting in some away ground somewhere.  Yep the spirit has been missing for far too long.

OTBC

[/quote]

Morally, and thus effectively?! Sorry but the two terms couldn''t be more different.

FC Barcelona is owned by its'' fans.  "Our" club is currently owned by a moderately rich couple, who consider themselves one of "us".  When they tire of throwing their money into the pit, they will hopefully find another rich mug who will be happy to throw more money into the pit.  While all this goes on, "we" will continue to pay our admission and attend on Saturdays and Tuesdays.  Most of the "we" that I am referring to don''t spend "our" non-attending time and energy worrying about Tangible Fixed Assets, "we" go to a game on a Saturday or Tuesday for entertainment, have a moan in the queue in the car on the way home then get on with our week.  "We" don''t have to find extra money for players, fixtures, or fittings, "we" don''t have to work an 80 hour week to get players in at the end of August.  "We" don''t have the keys, we pay to enter their space.Most football clubs in the UK only exist because of rich mugs who are willing to throw good money after bad chasing an impossible dream, and are encouraged by 10 or 15 per centers and Rupert Bleedin Murdoch to do so.The current "owners" of Liverpool are about to reap what they have sown - 300 million worth of debt ( more than likely, the debt they used to get the fans to buy the club for them, long term ), needs to be re-negotiated.  Who wants a club with 300 million worth of debt ?  Nice red shirts, mind you...

Wait... So are you saying, cluck, that in order to be a supporter or what you''d consider a "true" supporter of Norwich City you must be born and bred in Norwich/Norfolk and also currently residing there?