Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Celtic and Fulham have had Nike as their sponsor?

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/20070530337/07/08-kits/new-fulham-07/08-nike-kit-deal-signed.html

Now THAT would be a nice change! Wouldn''t be for a couple of seasons though as I think we''re contracted to use Xara for a couple of seasons, yet.

Buy up loads of old stock out of JJB:-[img]http://images.soccerscene.co.uk/images/BrazilHomeShirt08.jpg[/img]and slap a Norwich badge on them. ;)

[quote user="bristol_canary"][quote user="ncfclad"]http://www.footballshirtculture.com/20070530337/07/08-kits/new-fulham-07/08-nike-kit-deal-signed.html[/quote]

so what?
[/quote]

exactly

xara are loyal and also make good kits!

yeah xara are a good make. oh and to correct you nike werent the sponsors, they were the manufacturers

Xara are a cheap brand! Simple as that! What other Xara clothes do you own?

Now if we had a kit made by Nike, think of all the Nike gear that would be in the club shop. All those Nike trainers etc.. Sales in the club shop would go up 5 times if we had a brand like Nike!

and what is the point of this thread exactly? Celtic have a huge fan base and are known around the world. And Fulham are a Premier League team, so why would Nike try and produce kits for a 3rd tier English side?Answers on a postcard please...

the point i was trying to make is that the new chief exec has contacts with Nike, which he obviously had a big say in helping Fulham and Celtic get them to sponsor their kits, and that they could be a potential sponsor for us in the future.

obviously im talking a few years ahead.

Nike are the kit supplier, not the sponsor, two very different things.

As for Nike, they only make a couple of designs (for the big teams such as Man Utd and Barcelona) and all the other kits have to be colour coded copies of those. At least with Zara we get a kit designed for us.

Still, it is a bit pointless at the mo, considering our deal with Xara and that no big companies would be interested at the this present time.I know it''s a bit quiet on the NCFC front at the moment but why start semi-pointless threads without stating your main point in the first place!?!

did he really have a big say in helping those two clubs get them to sponser them? i am unaware that either of them have ever had them as a shirt sponser, or do you mean manufacturer/supplier?Celtic was probably a very attractive proposition for nike as they are arguably the biggest club in scotland, i doubt it took much persuading to get them on board. As for fulham it was probably some deal by al faed getting more nike stock into harrods!

[quote user="jimidack"]and what is the point of this thread exactly?
Celtic have a huge fan base and are known around the world. And Fulham are a Premier League team, so why would Nike try and produce kits for a 3rd tier English side?

Answers on a postcard please...
[/quote]

I might be wrong BUT... arn''t Hartlepool''s kits done by Nike? So being a 3rd tier side doesn''t make to much difference.

[quote user="Lambo"]

[quote user="jimidack"]and what is the point of this thread exactly? Celtic have a huge fan base and are known around the world. And Fulham are a Premier League team, so why would Nike try and produce kits for a 3rd tier English side?Answers on a postcard please...[/quote]

I might be wrong BUT... arn''t Hartlepool''s kits done by Nike? So being a 3rd tier side doesn''t make to much difference.

[/quote]Correct.  In fact there''s several lower league (and Conference) clubs that have Nike and Adidas kits.  I dont think the clubs stature has much bearing on the kit supplier.

I dont want anything to do with Nike, I am happy knowing that my kit purchase isnt associated with sweatshops in Bangledesh and India.

[quote user="ncfclad"]http://www.footballshirtculture.com/20070530337/07/08-kits/new-fulham-07/08-nike-kit-deal-signed.html[/quote]

nice if we get nike..im sick of xara cheap cr@p! flicking sponsor peeling off!

[quote user="bristol_canary"]do you knwo where the current shirts are manufactured?
[/quote]

I seem to remember, when we signed with Xara, that the kits were being made in a small factory in Scotland.

If thats still the arrangement then I want to stick with Xara. British Jobs for British People and all that.  

Why the hell we would want to all wear Nike ticks I dont know:-

Scallies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqyU2z-FJr8  *Sponsored by Nike*

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="bristol_canary"]do you knwo where the current shirts are manufactured?[/quote]

I seem to remember, when we signed with Xara, that the kits were being made in a small factory in Scotland.

If thats still the arrangement then I want to stick with Xara. British Jobs for British People and all that.  

Why the hell we would want to all wear Nike ticks I dont know:-

Scallies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqyU2z-FJr8  *Sponsored by Nike*

[/quote]

what!!

[quote user="Apathy FC"][quote user="Lambo"]

[quote user="jimidack"]and what is the point of this thread exactly? Celtic have a huge fan base and are known around the world. And Fulham are a Premier League team, so why would Nike try and produce kits for a 3rd tier English side?Answers on a postcard please...[/quote]

[/quote]Correct.  In fact there''s several lower league (and Conference) clubs that have Nike and Adidas kits.  I dont think the clubs stature has much bearing on the kit supplier.[/quote]Ah this is very true, but many lower league clubs are actually get their ''Nike'' kits supplied from a store. Rather than Nike themselves.

By just having a Nike tick on Norwich shirts i think you would see an increase in sales revenue and other stuff such as training tops would also be more popular merchandise... Therefore i think it wouldn''t be such a bad idea to look into that option once the Xara deal has ended. Just my own opinion. Just the brand identity makes people buy these days :)

Fulham and Celtic have had Nike as their manufacturers for the past two seasons. That''s what I really don''t get with this post.

Hartlepool, Southend and Accrington Stanley have Nike and Peterborough have Adidas. By the same token, Portsmouth have Canterbury and Middlesborough have God-knows-who