Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

This all makes a nice change

Anyone else feeling good vibes from this message board this morning for once? After months of generally "head in hands style posts", everyone seems a lot more positive after the good news re: the new CE the "new era" Delia and MWJ were referring to, long may this continue!

I agree, I think it''s great to see some positive posters this morning.  It might only be small things happening, but at least things are happening.

[quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]Absolutely. Must be because the sun is shining.[/quote]Isn''t it every day?[:)]

Yep I certainly feel a lot happier now,  also my own personal situation is starting to change as well. we are facing homelessness, but we are now 90% certain we have a place that will be ideal. Worry and stress is starting to lift.......So far a very good day

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]Absolutely. Must be because the sun is shining.[/quote]

Isn''t it every day?

[:)]

[/quote]

You must inhabit a sunny part of England than I do, LQ.

[quote user="LQ"]All depends on your outlook PPP [;)]

[/quote]

Absolutely. Actually, I don''t mind the odd wet day - it makes you appreciate the sun far more I find.

[quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]

[quote user="LQ"]All depends on your outlook PPP [;)]

[/quote]

Absolutely. Actually, I don''t mind the odd wet day - it makes you appreciate the sun far more I find.

[/quote]And makes the flowers grow!

Thanks people,  it has been a tough few weeks,  we found out who we rent the house from is the baptist Association, they want us out so they can move one of their pastors in from two miles down the road... who is already in a stonking house as it is.  I do feel a little eeeeeemmmmm what can I put politely ?

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]Thanks people,  it has been a tough few weeks,  we found out who we rent the house from is the baptist Association, they want us out so they can move one of their pastors in from two miles down the road... who is already in a stonking house as it is.  I do feel a little eeeeeemmmmm what can I put politely ?
[/quote]

They don''t seem to have a very Christian attitude, to say the least, Kenny. I''m glad to hear that you have a brighter outlook now.

I''m going to ruin this thread a bit, sorry.

McNally does appear to be a very good appointment.  However, any slight smile that comes over my face sharp disappears when I think who our manager is.

The two don''t seem to go hand in hand.  On the one side you have what could turn out to be a genius appointment in McNally and on the other you have the decision to appoint Bryan Gunn as manager. 

Yes, I know after 6 months say, if we are pi55ing about, you could get rid of Gunn.  But we really can''t afford that as by then it could be too late, we really need to go straight back up.

What would have made me feel more positive, and in spite of Delia and MWJ still being at helm, would have been if we had appointed a half decent manager, then McNally.  Then I would have been thinking maybe things are changing.............

[:(]

I see what you mean,  I honestly think if gunn effs up big time, he will be moved to another post in the club to make way. McNally I think will not take too much bull from anyone..   But I certainly see your fears,  but like most things lately time will tell, I am no supporter of Gunn as manager, he had his shot at it.

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]
Yep I certainly feel a lot happier now,  also my own personal situation is starting to change as well. we are facing homelessness, but we are now 90% certain we have a place that will be ideal. Worry and stress is starting to lift.......

So far a very good day
[/quote]   

Good luck Kenny. Remember, this is a great big world and you are capable of accomplishing a multitude of things if you set your mind to it.

All the very best Kenny ... in one single line you put all my current moans and groans about our sorry club into perspective!

Good luck fella ... I''m happy for you

Is it too much to ask for events at our club to cheer you up also??!

OTBC

[quote user="Mushroom"]Anyone else feeling good vibes from this message board this morning for once? After months of generally "head in hands style posts", everyone seems a lot more positive after the good news re: the new CE the "new era" Delia and MWJ were referring to, long may this continue![/quote]

words are great, lets hope he does the job"!

certainly not Big Dunc,  Gill''s signing is a very good one, and todays news is excellent, someone who has worked at the highest level with good well run clubs.  At last there is light at the ned of the tunnel. and we are starting to head towards it.  So far despite my impatience and moans, they have been hard at work.  I have been one of their biggest critics over the years, but I am starting to give them a chance this time round, they are walking tightrope with hardly any room for error, it will get wobbly but the first few steps look slightly more positive.

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]Thanks people,  it has been a tough few weeks,  we found out who we rent the house from is the baptist Association, they want us out so they can move one of their pastors in from two miles down the road... who is already in a stonking house as it is.  I do feel a little eeeeeemmmmm what can I put politely ?
[/quote]

Good luck Kenny!  One thing I would say is that when you get things like that happen to you it puts every thing else into perspective like messageboards, football etc etc

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I''m going to ruin this thread a bit, sorry.

McNally does appear to be a very good appointment.  However, any slight smile that comes over my face sharp disappears when I think who our manager is.

The two don''t seem to go hand in hand.  On the one side you have what could turn out to be a genius appointment in McNally and on the other you have the decision to appoint Bryan Gunn as manager. 

Yes, I know after 6 months say, if we are pi55ing about, you could get rid of Gunn.  But we really can''t afford that as by then it could be too late, we really need to go straight back up.

What would have made me feel more positive, and in spite of Delia and MWJ still being at helm, would have been if we had appointed a half decent manager, then McNally.  Then I would have been thinking maybe things are changing.............

[:(]

[/quote]

Agreed. But so far I''m happy with the fact Gunn is looking at permanent players (Simpson and Gill). Both of whom appear to be highly rated by their clubs. I''m very pleased with the news coming out of Carrow road of late. I''m just hoping it continues [Y]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="KCanary"]Hug anyone? [;)][/quote]

Awwwwwwwwww group hug

Two Couples

[/quote]

Pass me the bucket someone please........[+o(]