Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Squad for Next Season

Obviously it would be nice to strengthen all areas of the team for next season but given our finacial situation where do we think we need to concentrate and who will we use from the youth setup to fill the gaps.

GK Rudd and Nelson or another Steer cover

Full Backs This appears to beone of our weakest areas having relied so heavily on loans Drury has a question mark over fitness and Semmy was a liability last season. I am also not aware of any players coming through to fill these positions We need a minimum of one new ful back each side.

Centre Backs Doc and Stef look like a decent pairing at this level if fit and with Spillane as cover things are not as desperate as full backs but we need at least one more and some ideas who we could put in if neccesary through injury.

Midfield Looks the area most likely to be increased with youth although I expect to see a certain Mr D Huckerbys name on the team sheet before the year is out. I think Hoolahan will go so we have perhaps Spillane , Gill , Russell and Adeyemi available for the middle and Pattison (hopefully) Smith giving width. We definately need at least one more winger in addition to Huckerby.

Strikers I think Simpson may be a good addition having played for coventry mainly in the wing he gives us options. With Cody Mac and Cureton alongside Either Martin or Simpson we would at least have some bodies to fill thes spaces. I think we need at least one more Target man even if we get Simpson and 2 if we dont.

So 2 Full Backs , 1 Centre Half, 2 Wingers and 2 Strikers and thats the bare minimum, Gunn has certainly got his work cut out considering our budget

Out of our current squad. These are the only positions that I think we do not need a replacement for. (judging that Clingan and Hoolahan are going)

GK   ________        Rudd

RB    ________       _________
CB    Doherty           Spillane
CB    Stefanovic       _________
LB     ________      Drury

RM    ________      Smith
CM   Gill                  _________
CM    ________      _________
LM     ________     Lappin

ST     MacDonald     _________
ST     _________     _________

Now that is a lot of gaps! However, I can''t think of anybody we currently own (bar clingan or hoolahan) that I want to fill them. I hope Russell goes along with Cureton as they are both useless. I''m still not convinced about Martin. I hope Otsemobor is replaced. Nelson, although I''ve never seen him play, I don''t know why we even bought him as he was never very highly rated, therefore I doubt he is good enough for first choice goalkeeper.
Apart from that, who am I missing?

Simpson and Dickinson would be excellent signings to fill in a couple of the striker positions. But Gunn has a lot of work to do in my opinion and I hope we start seeing a lot of new faces soon.

Need a new GK!

Need a new right back and left back - Lappin or Bertrand?

CM - Need someone to replace Clingan

Need a new right winger and a left winger - Huckerby?

Two new strikers needed!

8 -signings needed to add to what we already have!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Out of our current squad. These are the only positions that I think we do not need a replacement for. (judging that Clingan and Hoolahan are going)

Now that is a lot of gaps! However, I can''t think of anybody we currently own (bar clingan or hoolahan) that I want to fill them. I hope Russell goes along with Cureton as they are both useless. I''m still not convinced about Martin. I hope Otsemobor is replaced. Nelson, although I''ve never seen him play, I don''t know why we even bought him as he was never very highly rated, therefore I doubt he is good enough for first choice goalkeeper.

Simpson and Dickinson would be excellent signings to fill in a couple of the striker positions. But Gunn has a lot of work to do in my opinion and I hope we start seeing a lot of new faces soon.

[/quote]

I think that Drury would be fine as first choice left back if he can stay fit. If we cant sell Otsemober then he will have to stay as back up right back. You also left out Chris Martin, was that intentional? Jamie cureton is staying and we cant afford to have him as a 5th striker. Simon Lappin has not signed a contract and Daryl Russell is still at the club. Hoolohan is still here thus far as so is Clingan. So mine is like this:-

RB    ________        Otsemober
CB    Stefanovic       ________

LB     Drury             _________
RM    ________      Smith
CM   Gill                  Russell
CM   Clingan            ________

LM    Hoolohan        ________

ST     MacDonald    Cureton

ST     ________      Martin

I make it 8 players that we need. 10 if Hoolohan and Clingan leave, but 9 if they leave and Lappin signs a new deal. 

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

I think that Drury would be fine as first choice left back if he can stay fit. If we cant sell Otsemober then he will have to stay as back up right back. You also left out Chris Martin, was that intentional? Jamie cureton is staying and we cant afford to have him as a 5th striker. Simon Lappin has not signed a contract and Daryl Russell is still at the club. Hoolohan is still here thus far as so is Clingan. So mine is like this:-

RB    ________        Otsemober
CB    Stefanovic       ________

LB     Drury             _________
RM    ________      Smith
CM   Gill                  Russell
CM   Clingan            ________

LM    Hoolohan        ________

ST     MacDonald    Cureton

ST     ________      Martin

I make it 8 players that we need. 10 if Hoolohan and Clingan leave, but 9 if they leave and Lappin signs a new deal. 

[/quote]

I think that Micky Nelson, Darren Huckerby and Grant Holt would be a good start!

Is Pattison still here ? I rated him he scored 3 in 4 games just before he was dropped. if they can smooth things over Im sure he could do a job in the centre or on the wing

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Is Pattison still here ? I rated him he scored 3 in 4 games just before he was dropped. if they can smooth things over Im sure he could do a job in the centre or on the wing[/quote]

Forgot about Pattison. I think he can do an ok job in the middle of the park, but the more he stays off of the left side the better! I would much rather have any one of Hoolohan, Huckerby or Lappin on the left side.

Purely as a guess, here will be the team for next season if no new recruits are brought in:

GK: Rudd

DF: Drury, Semmy, Stefanovic, Spillane

MF: Rusty, Lappin, Gill, The Kids

FW: Martin, Cureton

This isn''t a formation, this is merely the squad. I think Klingon, the Doc and Hoolahoop are off. I love Klingon and would love him to stay but with only a year left on his contract and a nice big bid for him.... I also think that under Gunn, FMP''s days are over as would Jamie Lad''s if not for the weakness in strikers.

So basically we need: a decent ''keeper, a decent right back, left back cover, centre-back cover and decent player, a decent right winger, right wing cover, a decent left winger, a decent striker and striker cover.

So not much then [:S]