Sign in to follow this  
bluemike

Best Supported myth.

It should also be remembered that Ipswich have spent 2 seasons in the prem in that time while we have been there for only one season, they have also reached the play offs on several occasions while we have only reached them once.

[quote user="bluemike"]I couldn''t help but notice how much importance is put on attendances by you guys on this board, playing on the fact NCFC are the best supported club in East Anglia. Funnily enough these statistics appear to suggest otherwise, last 3 seasons apart the opposite is in fact the case.

Ave Attendance          ITFC             NCFC

2009                           20,951           24,543
2008                           21,935           24,523
2007                           22,445           24,545
2006                           24,253           24,952
2005                           25,651           24,350
2004                           24,520           18,987
2003                           25,455           20,353
2002                           24,426           18,644
2001                           22,532           16,525
2000                           18,524           15,539
1999                           16,932           15,760
1998                           14,893           14,445

As ive stated previously too, taking into account the difference in populations we are far and away the better supported club, us being a little "Town" whilst Norwich is a "Large" city. Your words not mine.
[/quote]

Ooh look, mine is better than yours. Na na na na na na! Tedious rubbish.

[quote user="kdncfc"]It should also be remembered that Ipswich have spent 2 seasons in the prem in that time while we have been there for only one season, they have also reached the play offs on several occasions while we have only reached them once.[/quote] Thanks for pointing out that we also more successful.

That much better that your spending your evening on a Norwich message board going on about something that quite frankly no-one cares about, We get more fans than Fulham...it has nothing to do with how good you are Mike. Get a life.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="kdncfc"]It should also be remembered that Ipswich have spent 2 seasons in the prem in that time while we have been there for only one season, they have also reached the play offs on several occasions while we have only reached them once.[/quote] Thanks for pointing out that we also more successful.
[/quote]

Yet less people come to your ground. TBH \mike, you can''t really take the population of the city/town as a fair comparison. Both Ipsh*t an Norwich are supported by a much larger area, which, at a guess is roughly the same sort of population. (you can''t even go Norfolk/Suffolk, cos I know most of Lowestoft is Yellow, and vast swathes of south Norfolk/north Essex are blue. The fact is we ARE better supported than you over the last 4 years and the only time you lot get close to a sell-out is when you play us, so you''re average crowd will be even worse this year, especially after Keano walks when everything isn''t quite going to plan.

Not sure where you got your figures from but some of them are inaccurate according to this site

See http://www.emfootball.co.uk/attend2006.html

2008/9 itfc 20960 ncfc 24543

2007/8 itfc 21934 ncfc 24527

2006/7 itfc 22444 ncfc 24544

2005/6 itfc 24251 ncfc 24952

2004/5 itfc 23015 ncfc 23837

2003/4 itfc 24519 ncfc 18986

That shows you''ve only beaten us once in the last 6 seasons!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Not sure where you got your figures from but some of them are inaccurate according to this site

See http://www.emfootball.co.uk/attend2006.html

2008/9 itfc 20960 ncfc 24543

2007/8 itfc 21934 ncfc 24527

2006/7 itfc 22444 ncfc 24544

2005/6 itfc 24251 ncfc 24952

2004/5 itfc 23015 ncfc 23837

2003/4 itfc 24519 ncfc 18986

That shows you''ve only beaten us once in the last 6 seasons!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

And that was because in the season you did beat us we had a stand missing (jarrold stand)

I thought Bigfoot was the best supported myth?

Either that or the one about pirates being better than ninjas.

Come on guys, you''re all missing the point a bit I think. [8-)]

the point is this is a great city , great people and im very proud to be part of this wonderfull place .

its sadly not the great support of this club that has let us down its the club its self .

so this is it ..... when we start to do well again we will have more happy people than you ..

just a faithfull city .. and proud of norwich ..... the wind of change is never far away ... we hope .!!!

Lol Bluemike, we both know which leagues each of us are playing in next season, that''s painful enough on it''s own. This is just an attempt at rubbing salt in the wounds! You can spare a little mercey, surely?

No he''s just on a winding up mission . Guess also he''s bored cause there''s nothing happening at Ipswich at the moment.

Isn''t bluemike the one who slagged off his own club and fan on another thread? If so, he''s turning into a classic poster.........

[quote user="Bayve Desleigh"]Lol Bluemike, we both know which leagues each of us are playing in next season, that''s painful enough on it''s own. This is just an attempt at rubbing salt in the wounds! You can spare a little mercey, surely?[/quote]

FFS, you and singing canary should hang your heads in shame.

The stats are rubbish anyway. How can you have an average attendance over a calander year for a start? I thought the football season lasted from Autumn to Spring, across two calander years....

Statistics relating to ground attendances alone can''t give an overall representation of how well supported a club is anyway.

Also (while I''m at it) the figures can be pulled apart anyway: for example in 2003/2004 we only had three stands.

Bluemike spends an unhealthy amount of time on a message board intended (mainly) for Norwich supporters to have a mass debate about all things NCFC. Could this have anything to do with the fact that this forum is far superior to any Town offering? TWTD is about as crap as you can get - it''s filled with semiliterate chunderings from monosyllabic baboons.

This is totally inacurate - I wouldnt be surprised if this was entirely made up.Even if it is accurate the thing for me is percentage of stadium filled - why? Because back in 1998 our ground couldnt hold more than 20,000 supporters.However since around 2002 we have sold out for pretty much every home league game and if not very close to it.Plus the best supported club must mean more than just the people that turn up on a match day? Not everyone can make it every match day hence the reason there are normal tickest as well as season tickets available.On that note - season tickets - how many do Ipswich sell?

The only thing I find suprising about bluemike''s info is that apparently 110,000 people live in Ipswich. I mean, seriously wtf?Do they not realise that civilisation is a mere car/train journey away? Then again, Ipswich is probably the only place left in the country where the locals point at cars in a mystified way. Could explain a lot.