Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

Will Delia fall out with Dave ?

David Mcnally''s appointment seems to be a very good one for the club, his track record reads very well.

I have one very big worry however and that is, will Delia interfere ? 

He looks the kind of chap who won''t be a sycophant so I could see some trouble down the line.

Delia inability to get on with people is starting to worry me more and more.

Think of who has been "removed" or left  Barry Skipper, Andrew Cullen, Neil Doncaster, The Turners and most regrettably Roger Munby.  

I think the pattern here is that Delia cannot maintain a relationship with people if they disagree with her and it saddens me to say that as I think she has done good things for the club, notwithstanding my recent crticism of her & Gunny.   

she would get up my nose after about ten minutes to be honest .

lets hope he can learn to tolerate her and being patient is one of his strong points ..!!!

you made a good point though .

I can imagine the names DELIA and DAVE emblazoned in large white letters at the top of the windscreen on an old MK II Ford Cortina 1600E. Ah, the Cortina 1600E, those were the days!!

I think, with the exception of the Turner''s, you''re making 5 from 2+2, all of them apart from the Turner''s gave good service to the football club and Doncaster only left because someone had to take the flak for relegation and let''s face it he wasn''t exactly popular was he? Likewise Munby, why regrettably? He was chairman of during the most disatraous period of this club''s history and besides he''s still at the club I think just not as chairman...

[quote user="canarytim"]

David Mcnally''s appointment seems to be a very good one for the club, his track record reads very well.

He looks the kind of chap who won''t be a sycophant so I could see some trouble down the line.

Think of who has been "removed" or left  Barry Skipper, Andrew Cullen, Neil Doncaster, The Turners and most regrettably Roger Munby.  

I think the pattern here is that Delia cannot maintain a relationship with people if they disagree with her and it saddens me to say that as I think she has done good things for the club, notwithstanding my recent crticism of her & Gunny.   

[/quote]

I dont think you know what your talking about.

Munby and Doncaster both got on with Delia like a house on fire.  Doncaster was still praising Delia after he was sacked.  We dont know anything about the Turners, and lets be honest, they werent even prepared to pay real money for their seat on the board - they got gifted 1% of equity for a loan. The Turners never did anything for this club.

Andrew Cullen was here for years, and left for a new challenge and probably more money at MK Dons, and he also had good things to say about the board but had taken the club as far as he could.

I cant think of anybody that has come out and criticised Delia from within the club, they still get on very well with many ex managers as well. Rioch, Worthington and  Hamilton for a start. And all three were sacked by her.

Your allegations are nothing more but sh*t stirring and are negativity laden streams of pessimism.

[quote user="singing canary"]prefered the capri myself  !!![/quote]

Yep, the old 3 litre Capri had plenty of oomph about it; the 1600E was quite sluggish in comparison. To my mind, the best looking Cortina was the MK I Lotus version, though.

[quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]

Yep, the old 3 litre Capri had plenty of oomph about it; the 1600E was quite sluggish in comparison. To my mind, the best looking Cortina was the MK I Lotus version, though.

[/quote]Personally, I thought the MkIII 2000 GXL in sheeite brown with black vinyl roof was the mutts nutts, but then it was my first car… those were the days, 1600 and 2000 not 1.6 and 2.0[H]

[quote user="canarytim"]

[/quote]

Yep.... newly injected dynamism versus self-centred control freakery will cause a public rift by this time next year........

Then it will be administration........

She didn''t look entirely happy at the press conference......did she?

Or even at the press conference hailing Mr Gunn''s appointment as manager....

Is she entirely happy? Who knows?

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]

[/quote]

Personally, I thought the MkIII 2000 GXL in sheeite brown with black vinyl roof was the mutts nutts, but then it was my first car… those were the days, 1600 and 2000 not 1.6 and 2.0
[H]
[/quote]

Oh yes, the good old black vinyl roof 2000GXL. I never owned a Cortina, although I''ve driven bog standard versions of  MKs I, II, III and IV cars. They were good, reliable comfortable cars of their time. I had a couple of Triumph 2000s, which I was rather fond of. I think the Triumph was regarded as slightly upmarket from the Cortina. My Triumphs were both over 10 years old when I bought them, though, so I didn''t have to part with much cash for either of them.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

She didn''t look entirely happy at the press conference......did she?

Or even at the press conference hailing Mr Gunn''s appointment as manager....

Is she entirely happy? Who knows?

[/quote]

Delayed menopause Mello......

We have simply replaced one pen pusher with a cheaper alternative (but still have to pay the more pricey pen pushers contract off).

Nothing has changed, the Organ Grinders still remain and will be barking out their orders for these new cheaply found Board Members to follow.

You do make some good points and as I say I hope I am wrong and that they get on like a house on fire. We shall see.

Where you are definately wrong is over Neil Doncaster & Roger Munby, I would be amazed if Delia was on either gentleman''s Xmas card list.

Lets it put it this way, I do not "think" they wanted to go. 

[quote user="singing canary"]

she would get up my nose after about ten minutes to be honest .

lets hope he can learn to tolerate her and being patient is one of his strong points ..!!!

you made a good point though .

[/quote]

your nose must be big!