Sign in to follow this  
Stevo

Goodbye and all the best

Today''s the day I''ve finally decided to quit visiting and posting on this messageboard. Considering my small number of posts, you may wonder why I bother posting this at all after all I won''t be missed. However, the reason is to explain why I can''t be bothered to come on here any more and hope that it makes certain people stop and think for a moment.

In all the time I have been visiting this mb I have never known such a level of dross and drivel being posted. Personal attacks, petty squabbles and inane pointless threads.

I guess this may result from it being the close season and also the fact that the club is at the lowest point in years. However, there seems precious little debate about the situation or what the solutions are, just a load of meaningless sh*te. I''m bored and tired of trawling though the mb to find anything remotely insightful or worth reading so enough is enough.

So a final farewell and a message to those I''ve enjoyed ''discussions'' with in the past...

Mr Chops, Shack, Mello - keep rising above it all. Your posts and comments are always worth a read.

Smudger - one day people will realise that you care about the club as much as anyone on here. And maybe one day we''ll get the club that us fans deserve.

Wiz (Dave) - hope you keep fit and healthy.

Everyone else - try and remember that we''re all Norwich fans.

i see what you mean - just posted my 1st ever post and someone called laapinitup called me a nasty name and told me to ~~~~-off. not a nice welcome - i actually love the passionate pro and anti posters and admit i am a fencesitter - but that wasnt a nice way to say hello to a newbie - think i now understand bit more about why you have had enough

[quote user="yossarian"]i see what you mean - just posted my 1st ever post and someone called laapinitup called me a nasty name and told me to ~~~~-off. not a nice welcome - i actually love the passionate pro and anti posters and admit i am a fencesitter - but that wasnt a nice way to say hello to a newbie - think i now understand bit more about why you have had enough[/quote]

Yossarian,i am sure Lappinitup meant it as a joke[Y] If he didn''t then balls to him.

[quote user="yossarian"]i see what you mean - just posted my 1st ever post and someone called laapinitup called me a nasty name and told me to ~~~~-off. not a nice welcome - i actually love the passionate pro and anti posters and admit i am a fencesitter - but that wasnt a nice way to say hello to a newbie - think i now understand bit more about why you have had enough[/quote]

Don''t worry mate, there are several people who infest this forum who never leave the safety of their keyboards and are quite prepared to be as offensive as they like whilst lurking in their inner sanctums. They need to go out in the real world more often.

he seemed to think i was someone called ian - thought he had me bang to rights for a mo.......then realised im called tony and had never posted before. Phew......

I am not fed up with this site, but I do read it far less nowadays. There is nothing to discuss and no way to move forward. We have a total and utter inept idiot owning the club that has no intention of letting go of the club as ll the fans are lovely and love her. I hate her and despise the state of the club now. I believe we may fall into a lower league yet and there is nothing positive to talk about or that we can do. She owns the club and can do what she wants, the football will get worse the fans will just take it and we will struggle to ever get back to the football club we once was!Delia Smith has ruined this football club! What do you want people to right or discuss? It is a fact!

''Everyone else - try and remember that we''re all Norwich fans''. Would love to agree but sadly alot of posts on here are nothing to do with Norwich, and everything to do with.........yah boo, told you so etc etc, it is all very dull, so I may be joining you soon.  

You''ll be back. I gave up after we appointed Gunn full time. I swore never to come on here again. 6 weeks later I saw a post that angered me and had to say something.

Something tells me that you will be back?

I wonder if the cook is still here when you return??? [^o)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Something tells me that you will be back?

I wonder if the cook is still here when you return??? [^o)]

[/quote] S

Sadly, I think we are stuck with the cook for quite a bit longer.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I am not fed up with this site, but I do read it far less nowadays. There is nothing to discuss and no way to move forward. We have a total and utter inept idiot owning the club that has no intention of letting go of the club as ll the fans are lovely and love her. I hate her and despise the state of the club now. I believe we may fall into a lower league yet and there is nothing positive to talk about or that we can do.

She owns the club and can do what she wants, the football will get worse the fans will just take it and we will struggle to ever get back to the football club we once was!

Delia Smith has ruined this football club! What do you want people to right or discuss? It is a fact!
[/quote]

Whoops deary me, there is that nasty ''H'' word yet again... I thought I was talking nonsense when I suggested that many City fans feelings towards Auntie Delia was turning in to hatred a few weeks back???

smudge - im new but have admired your work for good while. im a little ashamed i cant seem to come down on either side of this "civil war" - theres my admission to you sir. in return could you explain how , if you hate delia , would you describe your feelings towards child murderers , bent mp''s or even andy johnson.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I am not fed up with this site, but I do read it far less nowadays. There is nothing to discuss and no way to move forward. We have a total and utter inept idiot owning the club that has no intention of letting go of the club as ll the fans are lovely and love her. I hate her and despise the state of the club now. I believe we may fall into a lower league yet and there is nothing positive to talk about or that we can do.

She owns the club and can do what she wants, the football will get worse the fans will just take it and we will struggle to ever get back to the football club we once was!

Delia Smith has ruined this football club! What do you want people to right or discuss? It is a fact!
[/quote]

Whoops deary me, there is that nasty ''H'' word yet again... I thought I was talking nonsense when I suggested that many City fans feelings towards Auntie Delia was turning in to hatred a few weeks back???

[/quote]

Yeah...see ya........[|-)]

On the matter of hate.... do we hate her or simply what she has done to our club? I have a feeling that if she buggered off tomorrow and Peter Cullum took the reigns...she wouldn''t warrant a thought.

Can''t wait to see her turn up at Portman Road with a face like a slapped arse one day though..........

cluck - thats a good way to phrase things. hate the results of her reign but try not to hate her. a career in diplomacy awaits......

[quote user="Bingo"]Today''s the day I''ve finally decided to quit visiting and posting on this messageboard. Considering my small number of posts, you may wonder why I bother posting this at all after all I won''t be missed. However, the reason is to explain why I can''t be bothered to come on here any more and hope that it makes certain people stop and think for a moment. In all the time I have been visiting this mb I have never known such a level of dross and drivel being posted. Personal attacks, petty squabbles and inane pointless threads. I guess this may result from it being the close season and also the fact that the club is at the lowest point in years. However, there seems precious little debate about the situation or what the solutions are, just a load of meaningless sh*te. I''m bored and tired of trawling though the mb to find anything remotely insightful or worth reading so enough is enough. So a final farewell and a message to those I''ve enjoyed ''discussions'' with in the past... Mr Chops, Shack, Mello - keep rising above it all. Your posts and comments are always worth a read. Smudger - one day people will realise that you care about the club as much as anyone on here. And maybe one day we''ll get the club that us fans deserve. Wiz (Dave) - hope you keep fit and healthy. Everyone else - try and remember that we''re all Norwich fans.[/quote]

Take care Bingo, you could try carrowroad.net, squabbles are quickly jumped on and its a top site imo.[Y]

[quote user="CT "]Why dont you follow your own advice Wiz, leave us alone ![:P]
[/quote]

I''m on there daily CT, now ask yourself, why I get pissed off with you at times!

I love the dramatic exits..........flick of the hair, bum in the air and of she goes.......................... 

[quote user="mtv"]I love the dramatic exits..........flick of the hair, bum in the air and of she goes.......................... [/quote]LOL, never seen the need to announce a message board leaving because you don''t really leave, you just stop posting there.[:D]

[quote user="yossarian"]i see what you mean - just posted my 1st ever post and someone called laapinitup called me a nasty name and told me to ~~~~-off. not a nice welcome - i actually love the passionate pro and anti posters and admit i am a fencesitter - but that wasnt a nice way to say hello to a newbie - think i now understand bit more about why you have had enough[/quote]Sticks and stones. Too many people take this board and themselves too seriously. There’s room for all opinions and all types. Even Wiz grows on you in the end. No seriously who care what somebody you''ve never met thinks about you based on your opinion of football. Have fun on this forum, if you don''t or can''t try something else. It''s a big wide world out there.

[quote user="yossarian"]cluck - thats a good way to phrase things. hate the results of her reign but try not to hate her. a career in diplomacy awaits......[/quote]

I am always the consummate diplomat yoss..... ask any of the numb-nut losers I patronise on here and they will confirm this.......

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="yossarian"]i see what you mean - just posted my 1st ever post and someone called laapinitup called me a nasty name and told me to ~~~~-off. not a nice welcome - i actually love the passionate pro and anti posters and admit i am a fencesitter - but that wasnt a nice way to say hello to a newbie - think i now understand bit more about why you have had enough[/quote]
Sticks and stones. Too many people take this board and themselves too seriously. There’s room for all opinions and all types. Even Wiz grows on you in the end. No seriously who care what somebody you''ve never met thinks about you based on your opinion of football.

Have fun on this forum, if you don''t or can''t try something else. It''s a big wide world out there.
[/quote]That just about sums it up. Be nice to Newbies though.

[quote user="yossarian"]smudge - im new but have admired your work for good while. im a little ashamed i cant seem to come down on either side of this "civil war" - theres my admission to you sir. in return could you explain how , if you hate delia , would you describe your feelings towards child murderers , bent mp''s or even andy johnson.[/quote]

Oh I HATE all of them too... with the exception of Andy Johnson who is a good footballer who I wouldn''t mind seeing in a City shirt if we could afford the likes of him ever again... yes he takes a few tumbles in the penalty area, but so do lots of strikers.... maybe the ref''s should not be stupid enough to fall for it so often?

PS - I do not hate the ref''s either... [;)]

[quote user="book end"]

You can still hate what she has done to the club without actually hating her!

[/quote]

As Cluck says it is hatred of what she has done to the club and hatred towards her for clinging on to the reigns for far too long.

I don''t think anybody would be bothered much what happens to her once she finally buggers off.