Sign in to follow this  
Barclayend66

7 Subs Next Season

Looks like we may need more players than we thought, although I think you do not have to fill all 7 places on the bench, just as well at the minute.

I''ve just had a look on the official Football League website to read up more on this but have found nothing confirming this is happening.

Anyone know whether this is definite?

Yes, I can''t find a news of this either please provide a link.

However, I think it is a good thing because it offers a lot more options.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Yes, I can''t find a news of this either please provide a link. However, I think it is a good thing because it offers a lot more options.[/quote]

What options exactly???

Can''t say yet. I''m sure there will be a lot more players in before the start of the season.

However, it will mean we can involve more youngsters.

And as another poster said it is up to 7 subs. Therefore we can still name five if we want.

I think that this can only be a good thing. Huckerby was talking about that 2 year gap between finishing in the youth team and being involved in first team squads, this will enable us to name 5 senior players on the bench and 2 youth players at all times, which can only be good for their development.

Are our benches big enough though?

I don''t see why they''ve brought in now when the Premiership was already doing it last year and Europe has been for a little while.

I hope they''re all ''Hunter Killer Class'' and also nucleur powered........Bit of a squeeze on the bench though?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I hope they''re all ''Hunter Killer Class'' and also nucleur powered........Bit of a squeeze on the bench though?[/quote]

See if I get a reaction - as I spelt nuclear incorrectly.....

i was thinking about weather our benches are big enough, they are always crowded and full with just five subs and the coaching team, now with 2 extras, who knows ???

GIVE YOUTH A CHANCE (to warm the bench to make up numbers)