Sign in to follow this  
pete

Gongs

Delia has got hers what for boiling eggs or ruining City?

Is it not time Gunny was recognised for the charity work for the Leukemia Trust..

Not for his services to Football management time he was officially acknowledged.

I would say another £100,000 and he can get one!

He is on £900k, so another 100k and he will reach the golden £1m figure that he can truly say is a significant lifetime achievement!

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="lappinitup"]If Arthur Whittle can have one, why can''t Delia?[/quote]He hasnt actually got one has he?[/quote]It was a bit tongue in cheek Ryan. You never know though, it could be for services to Norfolk breweries or for his work on behalf of henpecked husbands! [;)]

The honours system is a complete joke.

I mean come on, did the England cricket team really deserve MBEs for winning back the Ashes (all be it not for very long), or Lewis Hamilton for winning Formula 1 (as soon as started to earn any money he pissed off to Switzerland so he could pay less tax).

[quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"]The honours system is a complete joke. I mean come on, did the England cricket team really deserve MBEs for winning back the Ashes (all be it not for very long), or Lewis Hamilton for winning Formula 1 (as soon as started to earn any money he pissed off to Switzerland so he could pay less tax).[/quote]

I think that the honours system is a complete joke too. There are a few people that deserve one. Most of the England 66''s havent even got one, they deserve it.

I personally think that they should have a public vote each year, like they did for the greatest Britains. It can be on BBC so that its not ad funded, and we can decide who gets one and who doesnt.

Actually, bugger that, I can see it now....... Katie Price OBE, Jade Goody MBE, Sir Gordon Ramsay.  I''ve changed my mind! The honours system is fine how it is!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="lappinitup"]If Arthur Whittle can have one, why can''t Delia?[/quote]He hasnt actually got one has he?[/quote]It was a bit tongue in cheek Ryan. You never know though, it could be for services to Norfolk breweries or for his work on behalf of henpecked husbands! [;)][/quote]

I was being serious mate! I actually searched google once (a long time ago) to see if he had one! you never know, if Bob Geldof can become Sir Bob Geldof then anybody can get one!

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="lappinitup"]If Arthur Whittle can have one, why can''t Delia?[/quote]He hasnt actually got one has he?[/quote]It was a bit tongue in cheek Ryan. You never know though, it could be for services to Norfolk breweries or for his work on behalf of henpecked husbands! [;)][/quote]I was being serious mate! I actually searched google once (a long time ago) to see if he had one! you never know, if Bob Geldof can become Sir Bob Geldof then anybody can get one![/quote]I really don''t know Ryan. Arthur went through several variations of his name (Sir Arthur, Arturo and the funniest for me, Adolf Whittler). Who can say who Arthur really is? Very few people know that first wizard is really Marcus Evans!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="lappinitup"]If Arthur Whittle can have one, why can''t Delia?[/quote]He hasnt actually got one has he?[/quote]It was a bit tongue in cheek Ryan. You never know though, it could be for services to Norfolk breweries or for his work on behalf of henpecked husbands! [;)][/quote]

Ha ha ha, yes; Arthur has been knighted for his due diligence in assisting Adnams and Woodfordes breweries to stay in full production.

[quote user="Pablos pubic perm"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="lappinitup"]If Arthur Whittle can have one, why can''t Delia?[/quote]He hasnt actually got one has he?[/quote]It was a bit tongue in cheek Ryan. You never know though, it could be for services to Norfolk breweries or for his work on behalf of henpecked husbands! [;)][/quote]Ha ha ha, yes; Arthur has been knighted for his due diligence in assisting Adnams and Woodfordes breweries to stay in full production.[/quote]I have also noted Pablo, that since Doris forced Arthur to give up drink, we now have a worldwide recession! Coincidence? [:^)]

I was awarded two Gallantry Medals in the same week in Nam.... and gave them both away to a young native girl to cover her modesty..... That shows the kind of guy I am.......

Gongs my arse........