Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Delia's day in the sun . . .

That''s what all this media coverage is about, not to mention the well timed CBE (courtesy of Charles Clarke MP or I''m a banana). 

It''s both a face saving exercise and a signal that she is about to become a figurehead at Carrow Road.  She''s not leaving but she''s handing over effective control to new board members (quite possibly Cullum''s people but not the man himself) who will be announced next week after Delia''s had her moment.

I have no inside info so don''t take it as gospel, but that''s what it smells like to me. 

Would be very good news, but what a crying shame it didn''t happen a year ago.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

That''s what all this media coverage is about, not to mention the well timed CBE (courtesy of Charles Clarke MP or I''m a banana). 

It''s both a face saving exercise and a signal that she is about to become a figurehead at Carrow Road.  She''s not leaving but she''s handing over effective control to new board members (quite possibly Cullum''s people but not the man himself) who will be announced next week after Delia''s had her moment.

I have no inside info so don''t take it as gospel, but that''s what it smells like to me. 

[/quote]

Lets all put our fingers in the air and pull out a pointless bit of gossip to waste space and peoples time on a forum.  If you have no inside info then it probably isnt true.  Stupid post. You wouldnt pick a random word in the dictionary to choose a horse to bet on, if you did you would lose a lot of money. It couldnt be clearer that this is Delias appointment, she has already said that her friend Roy Hodgson had recommened him to her.

Yes Ryan, but Gurney Slade ( aka Mystic Megson, Fat Strawberry, Cherub and a multitude of others ) doesn''t do "wrong" you know. She has made the call on Peter Cullum and she will continue to seed the idea ( seedy is a good word when it come to Cherub ) until she draws her last breath. I honestly believe her posts would ring more true to her pseudonym if she just changed her pseudonym to Gurney Slade ( my own little world ).

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Yes Ryan, but Gurney Slade ( aka Mystic Megson, Fat Strawberry, Cherub and a multitude of others ) doesn''t do "wrong" you know. She has made the call on Peter Cullum and she will continue to seed the idea ( seedy is a good word when it come to Cherub ) until she draws her last breath. I honestly believe her posts would ring more true to her pseudonym if she just changed her pseudonym to Gurney Slade ( my own little world ).[/quote]I think Cherub''s logical premiss is that Delia can do nothing right. Therefore, since everybody (just about) is agreed that the new chief executive is a Good Thing, then his appointment cannot possibly have anything to do with her. Cherub desperately wants Cullum to come in & "rescue" the club, so, as she wills it, so it shall be.Fundamentally it''s a rejection of the concept of objective reality. She is not alone.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]Yes Ryan, but Gurney Slade ( aka Mystic Megson, Fat Strawberry, Cherub and a multitude of others ) doesn''t do "wrong" you know. She has made the call on Peter Cullum and she will continue to seed the idea ( seedy is a good word when it come to Cherub ) until she draws her last breath. I honestly believe her posts would ring more true to her pseudonym if she just changed her pseudonym to Gurney Slade ( my own little world ).[/quote]

I think Cherub''s logical premiss is that Delia can do nothing right. Therefore, since everybody (just about) is agreed that the new chief executive is a Good Thing, then his appointment cannot possibly have anything to do with her. Cherub desperately wants Cullum to come in & "rescue" the club, so, as she wills it, so it shall be.

Fundamentally it''s a rejection of the concept of objective reality. She is not alone.

[/quote]

I agree that Chreub''s approach is a "let it be written, so let it be done" thing. She does come across a little like Pharaoh.

[quote]I agree that Chreub''s approach is a "let it be written, so let it be done" thing. She does come across a little like Pharaoh.[/quote]Well, yes, but what about Carl Cort ? [;)]

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]Yes Ryan, but Gurney Slade ( aka Mystic Megson, Fat Strawberry, Cherub and a multitude of others ) doesn''t do "wrong" you know. She has made the call on Peter Cullum and she will continue to seed the idea ( seedy is a good word when it come to Cherub ) until she draws her last breath. I honestly believe her posts would ring more true to her pseudonym if she just changed her pseudonym to Gurney Slade ( my own little world ).[/quote]

I think Cherub''s logical premiss is that Delia can do nothing right. Therefore, since everybody (just about) is agreed that the new chief executive is a Good Thing, then his appointment cannot possibly have anything to do with her. Cherub desperately wants Cullum to come in & "rescue" the club, so, as she wills it, so it shall be.

Fundamentally it''s a rejection of the concept of objective reality. She is not alone.

[/quote]

1.  Where did I say she''d done anything wrong?  I have absolutely no idea how big a hand she had in the new Chief Exec''s appointment and I care even less.  I also have no problem with a well managed handover of control, which I believe is what this probably is. 

2.  Yes of course I want someone to come in with new momentum (as well as new money if at all possible).  I don''t think anyone would disagree that it''s badly needed, unless they are comfortable with underachievement and frightened of success.  There may be other candidates out there apart from PC, but until he''s eliminated from enquiries he''s the chief suspect imo.

3.  It is a fact that most of my predictions regarding Norwich City in the past 3+ years have come true, sadly.  However I could be entirely wrong on this occasion.  Does it matter?  Today''s thread, tomorrow''s virtual fish and chip wrapper, that''s all this message board is.  Stop taking it (and yourselves) so seriously. 

4.  No human being is capable of being truly objective.  We only see a little bit of the total picture and we''re kidding ourselves if we think otherwise.  It is my belief that objective reality does exist, but I can''t prove it and nor can you.  

[/quote]

1.  Where did I say she''d done anything wrong?  I have absolutely no idea how big a hand she had in the new Chief Exec''s appointment and I care even less.  I also have no problem with a well managed handover of control, which I believe is what this probably is. 

2.  Yes of course I want someone to come in with new momentum (as well as new money if at all possible).  I don''t think anyone would disagree that it''s badly needed, unless they are comfortable with underachievement and frightened of success.  There may be other candidates out there apart from PC, but until he''s eliminated from enquiries he''s the chief suspect imo.

3.  It is a fact that most of my predictions regarding Norwich City in the past 3+ years have come true, sadly.  However I could be entirely wrong on this occasion.  Does it matter?  Today''s thread, tomorrow''s virtual fish and chip wrapper, that''s all this message board is.  Stop taking it (and yourselves) so seriously. 

4.  No human being is capable of being truly objective.  We only see a little bit of the total picture and we''re kidding ourselves if we think otherwise.  It is my belief that objective reality does exist, but I can''t prove it and nor can you.  

[/quote]

Well, that''s really "rich!"  You haven''t yet been able to bring yourself to acknowledge your gaff on the thread of a couple of days back, never mind your countless conspiracy theories of the past year or two that have ended up on a dead-end street. As I say, Cherub, you don''t do "wrong."

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, that''s really "rich!"  You haven''t yet been able to bring yourself to acknowledge your gaff on the thread of a couple of days back, never mind your countless conspiracy theories of the past year or two that have ended up on a dead-end street. As I say, Cherub, you don''t do "wrong."

[/quote]

Still bothering you is it Yankee?   I''m not surprised . . . [:$]

The problem is that you initiated this thread by stating various speculations as facts. You then qualified these statements at the end of your post by saying that was how it "smelt" to you.You may be right or wrong, but surely it is better to acknowledge that it is all speculation at the outset? Otherwise people might get the wrong end of the stick. Sort of spin-doctoring really.Yes you can be objective, even when seeing part of the picture; in fact, to believe in objective reality requires you to acknowledge there may be things you cannot observe. As you correctly say, there can be no absolute proof of the existence of objective reality. A solipsistic view of the world cannot be ruled out. However, I have a workaround for this problem.I''m going to see In The Loop tonight; are you in it?

[quote user="ron obvious"]

The problem is that you initiated this thread by stating various speculations as facts. You then qualified these statements at the end of your post by saying that was how it "smelt" to you.
You may be right or wrong, but surely it is better to acknowledge that it is all speculation at the outset? Otherwise people might get the wrong end of the stick. Sort of spin-doctoring really.

Yes you can be objective, even when seeing part of the picture; in fact, to believe in objective reality requires you to acknowledge there may be things you cannot observe. As you correctly say, there can be no absolute proof of the existence of objective reality. A solipsistic view of the world cannot be ruled out. However, I have a workaround for this problem.

I''m going to see In The Loop tonight; are you in it?

[/quote]

What is "In The Loop"? 

What is "In The Loop"? 

[/quote]It''s a filum. Features a lot of political types being very economical with the truth. (Whatever that is).

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="canary cherub "]

What is "In The Loop"? 

[/quote]

It''s a filum. Features a lot of political types being very economical with the truth. (Whatever that is).

[/quote]

Oh I see, a bit like "The Thick of It" on TV, which itself was the offspring of "House of Cards".

Am I in it?  You may very well think so, I couldn''t possibly comment . . . [;)]

Enjoy your evening [Y]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Nob Obvious, Cranker Yanker, and Lady Blahblah.....''Group Hug'' .....nice.[/quote]

Britains got Talent really missed a trick with you Colin.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Doesn''t bother me in the slightest. Just want to CONSTANTLY remind you that when you sow your little conspiracy seeds I will be there to spray pesticide over the ugly little things. 

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Nob Obvious, Cranker Yanker, and Lady Blahblah.....''Group Hug'' .....nice.[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you Simon Cowell?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

Are you Simon Cowell?  Don''t you like me?

[/quote]

Aw, go on then, you can join in with the group hug if you like......don''t want you to feel left out.....

[/quote]

guessing thats me?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Doesn''t bother me in the slightest. Just want to CONSTANTLY remind you that when you sow your little conspiracy seeds I will be there to spray pesticide over the ugly little things. 

[/quote]

I simply don''t know why you bother.  Typical US of A mentality I suppose - has to have an enemy and if there isn''t one they''ll create one.  Eugene McCarthy lives!!

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I simply don''t know why you bother.  Typical US of A mentality I suppose - has to have an enemy and if there isn''t one they''ll create one.  Eugene McCarthy lives!!

[/quote]

I don''t want you as an enemy Cherub however, just like a good American, I simply want you to change your ways.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t want you as an enemy Cherub however, just like a good American, I simply want you to change your ways.

[/quote]

Because?

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because?

[/quote]

Because....well, the principle of the Prayer of Serenity is one good reason....

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

At your mature age you should be capable of positively influencing some of the young minds on here. Meanwhile, those that are capable of bringing about change to the football club will move when the time is right for them.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because?

[/quote]

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

At your mature age you should be capable of positively influencing some of the young minds on here. Meanwhile, those that are capable of bringing about change to the football club will move when the time is right for them.

[/quote]

Second biggest laugh of the day, after Spartan''s "CBE for services to half time entertainment" crack [:D] 

As if the youngsters on here are going to take the slightest notice of an old biddy like me.  I call it as I see it, people can make of it what they will.  It''s not a case of trying to change anything.  I can only repeat what I said above: stop taking this forum (and yourself) so seriously.

But why do you pick on me when there are many others on here who express the same sort of views using language which is much more likely to "influence young minds"?  And why resort to constant character assassination instead of addressing the issues?  You''re not being honest with yourself Yankee.

You are correct up to a point when you say that the powers that be at the football club will move when the time is right for them, but isn''t that exactly the problem?  How about moving when the time is right for the football club

PS.  Who is Gurney Slade?  I believe the rock group Slade named themselves after him, but that''s all I know.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Er, unless I''m very mistaken, canary cherub, you mean Joe McCarthy, who was the bigoted witch-hunter, rather than Eugene McCarthy, who was of a totally opposite frame of mind.But you and truth and accuracy never have been too well-acquainted.

[/quote]

I see. So the Government''s part of some greater plan that involves raising Delia Smith''s profile at Carrow Road.

What on earth are you on about? Bizarre!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Er, unless I''m very mistaken, canary cherub, you mean Joe McCarthy, who was the bigoted witch-hunter, rather than Eugene McCarthy, who was of a totally opposite frame of mind.

But you and truth and accuracy never have been too well-acquainted.[/quote]

Oh what a surprise, here comes Purple "Cullum - The Truth" Canary. 

Yes I knew it was Joe McCarthy but I told a deliberate lie to see if Yankee would spot it (he didn''t) [:D] . . . seriously, can''t you tell the difference between a genuine error of fact and a disregard for the truth?

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

I see. So the Government''s part of some greater plan that involves raising Delia Smith''s profile at Carrow Road.

What on earth are you on about? Bizarre!

[/quote]

Yankee, please take note.  This is the standard reaction to my OP.  So I don''t think you need lose any sleep over its influence on young minds.  Goodnight.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Er, unless I''m very mistaken, canary cherub, you mean Joe McCarthy, who was the bigoted witch-hunter, rather than Eugene McCarthy, who was of a totally opposite frame of mind.But you and truth and accuracy never have been too well-acquainted.[/quote]

Oh what a surprise, here comes Purple "Cullum - The Truth" Canary. 

Yes I knew it was Joe McCarthy but I told a deliberate lie to see if Yankee would spot it (he didn''t) [:D] . . . seriously, can''t you tell the difference between a genuine error of fact and a disregard for the truth?

[/quote]canary cherub, if you didn''t exist you would have to be invented.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Second biggest laugh of the day, after Spartan''s "CBE for services to half time entertainment" crack [:D] 

As if the youngsters on here are going to take the slightest notice of an old biddy like me.  I call it as I see it, people can make of it what they will.  It''s not a case of trying to change anything.  I can only repeat what I said above: stop taking this forum (and yourself) so seriously.

But why do you pick on me when there are many others on here who express the same sort of views using language which is much more likely to "influence young minds"?  And why resort to constant character assassination instead of addressing the issues?  You''re not being honest with yourself Yankee.

You are correct up to a point when you say that the powers that be at the football club will move when the time is right for them, but isn''t that exactly the problem?  How about moving when the time is right for the football club

PS.  Who is Gurney Slade?  I believe the rock group Slade named themselves after him, but that''s all I know.

[/quote]

Cherub, if you could see the constant smile on my face you would not make a judgement that I am taking this forum so seriously. My words to you were that you are capable of positively influencing young minds but you choose to do the opposite. With respect to to character assassination I am only intent on pouring water over the conspiracy flames you constantly invent. If you take the time to notice I do a similar thing with posters like Tangy, Crafty etc. when they seek to put the club down at every possible opportunity. People like Smudger and Cluck are a little beyond that. Smudger is negative on most fronts but one of the things he regularly engages in is using this forum to accuse the owners of lying, at every opportunity he can slip in. I decided long ago Cluck had an agenda that was poisonous to the club, for whatever his reasons are. Generally, I refrain from engaging that kind of nonsense. In your case I think you will come around. You used to have some real positive input ( when you were Mystic Megson ) and generated some good thought. You may not think you have changed. I think you have. Negative thoughts are okay. The club has not done well for some time but it''s good to throw in a little positivity once in a while.  

Regarding Gurney Slade, if I have it correct you were born somewhere in the early fifties. You were probably too young to remember a short-lived television sitcom called "The Strange World Of Gurney Slade" circa 1960. It starred Anthony Newley as Gurney Slade, a man who simply tired of the world of reality around him and made up things that he found more appealing and applied to others in his imaginary world. One day he marched out of the house into his own surreal world, presumably for ever more, and was never heard from again.