Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Home attendences next season....

Any thoughts on what the home crowd numbers will be like at home next season?I am of course aware of how many season tickets have been sold and how loyal we all are etc, but surely they will still be a bit lower, especially in August as people are away etc. Or have I got this wrong and there will still be 23-24 thousand? I guess ultimately it will depend on how well the team does as well, im sure if we are top of the league and winning 3 nil most games people will show (one can hope!)

[quote user="Satriales"]Any thoughts on what the home crowd numbers will be like at home next season?I am of course aware of how many season tickets have been sold and how loyal we all are etc, but surely they will still be a bit lower, especially in August as people are away etc. Or have I got this wrong and there will still be 23-24 thousand? I guess ultimately it will depend on how well the team does as well, im sure if we are top of the league and winning 3 nil most games people will show (one can hope!)[/quote]we will be lucky to get 20 thousand!

I think if we start well we''ll get 21k+ each home game, start poorly and I think we can expect to see crowds of around 16, 17k. Also it depends on who we''re playing, can''t see many people turning up for Exeter on a cold December night with all the greatest respect to them...  

I''l be there... thats a start i suppose haha.

In all seriousness i still think we''ll get at least 18,000 on average.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]I think if we start well we''ll get 21k+ each home game, start poorly and I think we can expect to see crowds of around 16, 17k. Also it depends on who we''re playing, can''t see many people turning up for Exeter on a cold December night with all the greatest respect to them...  [/quote]Will there be any/many evening games? I dont think there are too many league 1 games on tv so I reckon most of our games will be good old fashioned saturday 3pm kick offs.

Depends entirely on how well the team does, if we can maintain a top 6 position throughout most the season then I think we will average between 21,000 - 23,000, mid table or lower and were probably looking at 18,000 - 19,000.

[quote user="Satriales"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]I think if we start well we''ll get 21k+ each home game, start poorly and I think we can expect to see crowds of around 16, 17k. Also it depends on who we''re playing, can''t see many people turning up for Exeter on a cold December night with all the greatest respect to them...  [/quote]

Will there be any/many evening games? I dont think there are too many league 1 games on tv so I reckon most of our games will be good old fashioned saturday 3pm kick offs.
[/quote]

I''ve no idea to be fair, but I think it''s probably sod''s law that we get Carlisle or Exeter for a mid week game. Bring on June 17th!

If we do reasonably well then I don''t think that average attendances will dip by much at all. If we really take this division by storm and stay near the top for most of the season, then I think that attendances could quite conceivably be better than last season. Do badly, and attendances could be relatively poor, an average of 21,000 say. So to sum up, if we are near the top for most of the season I would expect the average to be around 23,500, if we are midtable and going nowhere about 22000. In fact, I don''t think our average gate for the season will drop much below 21,000 no matter how badly we are playing.

well i''m going to be a +1 to add! returning home to norfolk from university this summer and looking forward to getting involved with some games. haven''t really had the chance recently unfortunately!

Very hard to predict what our attendances will be as we are going into unknown territory, but by way of comparision Leicester City''s attendances last season were pretty good, and if we are challenging for promotion I think we will get around 23,000 for every game irrespective of the opposition. However if we struggle I think we can expect many attendances under the 20,000 mark.

Id say around 21,000 if we are in top 6, 18,000 if we are not.

Just a wild guess of course, but will be a lot worse the season after if we dont go up first time.