Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

"The opportunity is going to present itself for a return to England"....Huckerby

I don''t know about anyone else, but it looks as though Huckerby will be coming home when his contract expires in the Autumn.

I love the guy but can he actually do a job for us? He has spent a lot of his time in the USA injured.

He''ll be a year older when he returns and this league takes no prisoners.

Whether this is something Huckerby knows that we don''t remains to be seen. At the end of the day, myself and many other of us couldn''t care less if he can''t play for a whole match. Huckerby himself said in a previous interview "wages would never be a issue if I was ever to return to Norwich" (something along those lines).

Bringing back Huckerby, on wages suitable for the club and not for him, would be a very welcome move. The man is talismanic at this club, considering it looks like youth will play a major role in the coming seasons who better to give them a bit of experience and knowledge than our own Mr Huckerby. Yes, he has lost pace and may find playing in league one tricky, however he will guarantee 100% effort, the fans would get pumped up when he comes on, and we all know how important fans can be when inspiring a team to up their game that little 10% that could win a game.

he would probably accept a ''pay as you play'' deal. even if he can only play 30 mins a week it''s still worth it, even just to be in changing room and motivate the team

[quote user="glove1"]

even if he plays a dozen games and gets a couple of goals they could be vital

[/quote]

thats what i mean, even if he only plays half a match, he can still be a match winner

It''s irresistable if he''ll come on low wages or pay as you play. A massive boost for everyone involved with the club, just like last time he signed. Players showing his level of loyalty come round once in a lifetime and we must give it a go. I think he''d be happy now to sit on the bench a fair amount, given he''s close to retirement.

My only fear is that the deal is done, Gunn and Hickerby have already agreed a deal in principle. Gunn will therefore buy no flair players this summer, waiting for Hucks in November/December. Our new hard hitting Cheif Executive will fire Gunn in October after a rather dull start and us dreamers will sit here misty eyed wondering what might have been.

Would be a huge boost and IMHO he is plenty good enough to come off he bench in league 1 of 20-30 minutes and cause carnage even if his hip does mean he cannot play full games. Would be worth it for that alone.